• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

GDT 1/14 - Things vs Laughs

Rate this topic

Start pushed back to 7:30 because weather.

Samsonov starting for the Loafs.

I hate playing against a goalie who is looking for redemption while his team is hoping for lightning to better unload him.

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

NONE OF YOU DESERVE THIS TEAM

JRK PHUKIN POT!!!!!!!!

ha.  lions win or its all for not.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That was a hell of a win! Played absolutely great too. Won every board battle and every 50/50 puck. Toronto does not like the lumber. 

i love it when we beat TO.  Especially whtn Colin is rooting for Bertuzzi to score.  

I'm still feeling good about that game last night. That's the closest we've looked to early season form in quite a while. We were all over them in the 3rd period and competing HARD on pucks. To do it without Walman and Kostin in the lineup is even more encouraging considering how much they typically contribute to possession.

Hats off to Reimer as well. He still scares me in net but he was solid enough to get the win last night and that's all you need from your backup. I was seriously questioning Lalonde's decision to start Lyon and Saturday and Reimer on Sunday but it all worked out well enough.

Can't say enough about what a big win that was. Yes it was important in the standings but it was WAY MORE important for the guys to play correctly against a top team and see the results. That should drive home the fact that when we're skating and we're aggressive on pucks we can compete with the big boys.

Edited by kipwinger

37 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm still feeling good about that game last night. That's the closest we've looked to early season form in quite a while. We were all over them in the 3rd period and competing HARD on pucks. To do it without Walman and Kostin in the lineup is even more encouraging considering how much they typically contribute to possession.

Hats off to Reimer as well. He still scares me in net but he was solid enough to get the win last night and that's all you need from your backup. I was seriously questioning Lalonde's decision to start Lyon and Saturday and Reimer on Sunday but it all worked out well enough.

Can't say enough about what a big win that was. Yes it was important in the standings but it was WAY MORE important for the guys to play correctly against a top team and see the results. That should drive home the fact that when we're skating and we're aggressive on pucks we can compete with the big boys.

We need to fix the 2nd pairing.  Once that happens and we have 4 good dmen chewing up 45 minutes, then we'll have a lot more games that look like the 3rd period.  

14 hours ago, kipwinger said:

That was a hell of a win! Played absolutely great too. Won every board battle and every 50/50 puck. Toronto does not like the lumber. 

That's the hardest we've played against them all season. I missed most of the third the lions game was so good I eventually gave them the benefit of the doubt & we pulled it out! But I felt our chances were pretty good against that leaf blue line + Samsonov lol poor guy. Also the Kane injury is unfortunate I'm guessing it's a knee let's hope nothing broke. Derek said he doesn't think it's hip related so that's a sigh of relief. I'd love to see Soder get called up..

Edited by 88Kaner

7 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

We need to fix the 2nd pairing.  Once that happens and we have 4 good dmen chewing up 45 minutes, then we'll have a lot more games that look like the 3rd period.  

Swap out Ghost for Ed & play him with Seider! Ed-Seider Walman-Holl Chiarot-Petry. Chiarot & Petry have been much better in this last 6 game stretch compared to how they played in December. Have you seen Chiarot? He's literally out there mauling people again and I love it. I love walman and yes he's definitely better than Ed but I think playing him with Seider will be good for both of them. They're gonna end up playing together at some point so why wait? Rotate Ghost for Holl depending on the matchup that night.

Edited by 88Kaner

Great game by the Wings last night on defense. The Laffs "core 4" didn't have any time to make plays in our end.

I'm seeing some comments from Leafs fans that thier team was lazy last night. No, I think the Wings are on par with the Leafs now. We have better defensemen, and stronger 3rd and 4th lines. The Leafs are a 3rd, 4th, or 5th place team in the Division, and so are we.

Leafs fans still think they're Cup contendors. No, that window closed last year.

3 hours ago, 88Kaner said:

Swap out Ghost for Ed & play him with Seider! Ed-Seider Walman-Holl Chiarot-Petry. Chiarot & Petry have been much better in this last 6 game stretch compared to how they played in December. Have you seen Chiarot? He's literally out the mauling people again and I love it. I love walman and yes he's definitely better than Ed but I think playing him with Seider will be good for both of them. They're gonna end up playing together at some point so why wait? Rotate Ghost for Hill depending on the matchup that night.

Yah, this year is strange.  Next year we need to see our youth infused.  Im getting false hopes right now for this team as is this year, but Im feeling a big let down coming on for some reason.

19 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

ha.  lions win or its all for not.

i love it when we beat TO.  Especially whtn Colin is rooting for Bertuzzi to score.  

Move to Michigan you f-ing regard...

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

The boys celebrating on the bench when Copp scored the winning goal tells me this is a solid group pulling for each other.