• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Who do you root for tonight?

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

2020-21A player's skate will not have to be in contact with the blue line in order to be considered on-side

Implemented bc McDuffs feet were so fast the refs couldnt tell if he was touching or not.

What else u got hot shot?

LOL.   I acknowledge and respect that you are a Mastur-duh-bator, however, comparing a rule change to benefit the zebra's offside efficiency is a little slim compared to the league trying for parity by stopping the Oilers from inciting coincidental minor penalties to their advantage.

Gretzky was a killer.  McDuff is still pretty good.

Your turn Homeslice 

1 hour ago, town123 said:

LOL.   I acknowledge and respect that you are a Mastur-duh-bator, however, comparing a rule change to benefit the zebra's offside efficiency is a little slim compared to the league trying for parity by stopping the Oilers from inciting coincidental minor penalties to their advantage.

Gretzky was a killer.  McDuff is still pretty good.

Your turn Homeslice 

Exactly. Grets found a way to cheat like he always does. Do me a favor, google janet gretzky. The gretskys controlled a huge gambling ring they used to fix games. Who knows how goalies were on the take and let grets slip a couple extra through the twine.

On 2/22/2024 at 5:21 PM, Troy McClure said:

@Scott R Lucidi you're older than me, maybe you can answer this one.

In the 80's were there regards arguing that Howe was still better than Grets because boomer nostalgia or whatever?

Cause I think the same thing is happening now with Grets/McD 

Nope.  Even Howe admitted Gretz was on a different level.  

14 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Exactly. Grets found a way to cheat like he always does. Do me a favor, google janet gretzky. The gretskys controlled a huge gambling ring they used to fix games. Who knows how goalies were on the take and let grets slip a couple extra through the twine.

When I google that, it said the earth is flat.

Jeez.png

How is it that half the league qualifies for the playoffs...but qualifying for the playoffs is this tough a grind? I mean honestly now. Who's the manager? I want to speak to the manager. I want to file a complaint. I'm not paying for this meal. The service was terrible. We've been on an unholy heater since January 1st and we could easily go to bed on Sunday night with 70 points in the bank...and I still won't feel comfortable. And the soup was tepid.

This f***ing division, man.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

Jeez.png

How is it that half the league qualifies for the playoffs...but qualifying for the playoffs is this tough a grind? I mean honestly now. Who's the manager? I want to speak to the manager. I want to file a complaint. I'm not paying for this meal. The service was terrible. We've been on an unholy heater since January 1st and we could easily go to bed on Sunday night with 70 points in the bank...and I still won't feel comfortable. And the soup was tepid.

This f***ing division, man.

Stroke of genius by Gary Bettman. The biggest complaint about sports with long seasons is that there are a bunch of meaningless games in the middle. The playoff chase hasn't begun yet and the enthusiasm of a new season has worn off. In baseball they call it the "dog days". Three point games mean there are no dog days in the NHL. The whole point is to keep games meaningful all season long and it works. I just watched a February game between Toronto and Arizona last week because of the playoff implications for Detroit.

Bettman has been playing 3D chess for years. Fans boo him and blame him for things the owners do/want and meanwhile everything they really enjoy about the game is his brainchild. If you like fast paced, high offense, meaningful hockey games there's only one guy to thank for it.

Edited by kipwinger

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Stroke of genius by Gary Bettman. The biggest complaint about sports with long seasons is that there are a bunch of meaningless games in the middle. The playoff chase hasn't begun yet and the enthusiasm of a new season has worn off. In baseball they call it the "dog days". Three point games mean there are no dog days in the NHL. The whole point is to keep games meaningful all season long and it works. I just watched a February game between Toronto and Arizona last week because of the playoff implications for Detroit.

Bettman has been playing 3D chess for years. Fans boo him and blame him for things the owners do/want and meanwhile everything they really enjoy about the game is his brainchild. If you like fast paced, high offense, meaningful hockey games there's only one guy to thank for it.

Connor McDavid explains awkward airport photo with fans ...

OTT - WSH
Ottawa is seriously lame and rooting for them feels almost like a putdown.

NYI - DAL
For obvious reasons: Jim Nills moustache rulz

LAK - EDM
Edmonton is almost as fraudulent as the laffs

BOS - SEA
Seattle is the worst city I have ever been to. 

On 2/25/2024 at 10:45 AM, kipwinger said:

HOW MUCH DID UNCLE GARY PAY YOU, KIP? WHAT WAS THE PRICE OF YOUR SOUL????

look-at-that-dood.gif

10 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

OTT - WSH

NYI - DAL

LAK - EDM

BOS - SEA

Ugh..

17 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

OTT - WSH

NYI - DAL

LAK - EDM

BOS - SEA

Oilers are UNSTOPPABLE this season. Our only hope is a garbage cinderalla gets lucky and takes them out b4 the finals.

Seattle is satanic town full of magic and wonder

Interesting slate of games tonight gaps can widen/shrink based on tonight's results. But main thing we NEED to take care of business. 

I am banging on the table for a run at the Laffs. They have game in hand but only 4 points ahead of us. We win they lose and we keep in the hunt for 3rd in a big way. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

12 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Its different going into games expecting rather then hoping to win.

No team behind is catching us. I want to pass the Laffs. I have 4 rooting interests for the rest of this season. Wings win. Leafs lose. Cats win. Bruins lose. This team can beat Boston in 7 games.

100%. I don't think Boston wants any part of us right now.

36 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Boston is my preferred matchup as well. For no scientific reason other than vibe.

For same magic reasons I don't like the NYR matchup for us. 

Florida? I'm somewhere in the middle.

If I thought there was a scenario where we could scrub out the Leafs 1st round I'd be all over that one. 

35 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

aside from the 3rd period in Edmonton, we haven't looked inferior too often.  That Chiarot-Petry pairing causes this team a lot of heartburn.  If that gets handled by end of season, we might see round 2.