Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

2024 Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Thats the name that keeps coming up on tank along with 

Mich. Brandsegg-Nugard

Everything I read about the kid reeks of an Yzerman type player. He's also exactly what is missing in the top 6. 

Seems like the obvious Yzerman pick it he is still on the board.

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I say trade the pick for defensive help or for a center that can reliably hold down a top line while Larkin is out.

Bouncing between Rags vs Caps and Cats vs Bolts 

After seeing Bobs ridiculous  save followed by Big Cats save on TaJerk 

I think we need waaaay better goal tending if we want to get past the 1st round down the road 

Let's hope Cossa is that and more 

5 hours ago, mackel said:

Jesus, gaslighting much?  Simmer down bro.

Not sure you understand what gas lighting means...

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I gave him enough wood for 2 months!  Hope he settles down now.  Reverse trolling the troll is fun for a bit too.

You get rekt everytime we have a convo about Chiarot

Am I the only one who would not mind seeing Yzerman packaging up this years' 1st rounder for some legit talent?

On 4/23/2024 at 4:37 PM, TLGTrico said:

I say trade the pick for defensive help or for a center that can reliably hold down a top line while Larkin is out.

yesssss

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I see the following

Hawks get #1 

Pens jump up at least 5 if not 10 spots

Toronto hits the links at 9 today 

Moving up 10 spots is the only option for Pittsburgh.  If they win a draw, fourth overall is the only pick they can get

25 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Moving up 10 spots is the only option for Pittsburgh.  If they win a draw, fourth overall is the only pick they can get

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I see the following

Hawks get #1 

Pens jump up at least 5 if not 10 spots

Toronto hits the links at 9 today 

Chicago better NOT get #1 again!

Also, San Jose owns the Pittsburgh 14th pick if it stays out of the top 10.

PLEASE ANYBODY BUT CHICAGO!

Edited by LeftWinger

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There's a lot of good talent in the top 10. IF Detroit happens to FINALLY get some lottery luck and jump to 5, I would explore options of trading back a few spots to upgrade the D.

They didnt get any luck when they had a 1/4 chance I dont think there going to get any luck with a 1/100 chance.

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There's a lot of good talent in the top 10. IF Detroit happens to FINALLY get some lottery luck and jump to 5, I would explore options of trading back a few spots to upgrade the D.

I don't follow drafts, nor prospects much...That said - outside of Celebrini this draft seems rather bland from what I understand.

Might this be a good time to package our 1st rounder along with other picks/prospects to land a legit 2nd line center, or additional quality Dman?

Outside of Tronna - is there any other rival in turmoil that we could plunder?

12 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

I don't follow drafts, nor prospects much...That said - outside of Celebrini this draft seems rather bland from what I understand.

Might this be a good time to package our 1st rounder along with other picks/prospects to land a legit 2nd line center, or additional quality Dman?

Outside of Tronna - is there any other rival in turmoil that we could plunder?

Trade the 15th, Husso, Veleno to Calgary for Markstrom and Andersson

Trade the 15th, Veleno to Ottawa for Chychrun

Trade the 15th, Veleno, Fabbri, McIsaac to Anaheim for Fowler and Zegras

Dunno, I'd like to upgrade using that pick for sure! Hell even if Calgary would do the 15th straight up for Andersson.

Speaking of Toronto, if we are able to shed cap, I'd still throw an offer to Domi and Bertuzzi.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade the 15th, Husso, Veleno to Calgary for Markstrom and Andersson

Trade the 15th, Veleno to Ottawa for Chychrun

Trade the 15th, Veleno, Fabbri, McIsaac to Anaheim for Fowler and Zegras

Dunno, I'd like to upgrade using that pick for sure! Hell even if Calgary would do the 15th straight up for Andersson.

I cannot imagine the Flames would want to part with  Dman Andersson - he's def a top pair guy...But good point though with Calgary - that's a franchise that could tear it all down, or attempt to regain their stature in the standings via a few trades...Huberdeau, Weegar, Kadri, Markstrom, and Mangiapane are guys I could see being  moved for 1 reason, or another.

Mangiapane might be worth looking into as would Markstrom, and Weegar.

6 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

I cannot imagine the Flames would want to part with  Dman Andersson - he's def a top pair guy...But good point though with Calgary - that's a franchise that could tear it all down, or attempt to regain their stature in the standings via a few trades...Huberdeau, Weegar, Kadri, Markstrom, and Mangiapane are guys I could see being  moved for 1 reason, or another.

Mangiapane might be worth looking into as would Markstrom, and Weegar.

Weegar just started an 8 year extension this past season, not sure acquiring 7 years of that would be smart. Plus I would assume that if they just gave him 8 years last summer, they probably like the guy. Mangiapane at 1 year would be nice though. I bet we could pry Andersson out of there, considering the 7 years left on Weegar, plus the other D-men they have. They are still pretty solid even without Andersson. #15 plus more picks and a player(s)/prospect(s) for Andersson and Mangiapane!