• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2007 Baseball Season

Rate this topic

Wow! What a great pickup!

Porcella adds in some great pitching depth here. If we can get the others back, this lineup is looking solid once more.

Porcella is just a high school kid, we wont see him here minimum '09. And thats best case scenario with him being lights out at every minor league stop and flying through the system.

Great pick by the Tigers! By the way...it will be my first trip to Comerica Park tommorow! I'm pretty pumped!!

Hey - have fun. I went to my first game there last year (I live in Columbus now), and had a great time. It's an awesome ball park. In my mind, it will never replace old Tiger stadium, but it's still nice.

Hey - have fun. I went to my first game there last year (I live in Columbus now), and had a great time. It's an awesome ball park. In my mind, it will never replace old Tiger stadium, but it's still nice.

Thanks! I can't wait! We got garbage seats, but I'm hoping to move to a better spot if it is not that crowded.

I know Omar will never play at third full time, but I'm the biggest Inge hater I know of. The guy provides nothing at all for the team.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! Nothing at all? Come on now....that's pretty unfair. Inge has got a decent bat and some pop. Not a top of the order guy - he's exactly the kind of guy 29 other teams wish they could have to bat 8th or 9th. But he's there making sure that 9th spot in the order isn't a throwaway spot like most other teams in the league. And he's an excellent gloveman - he has his share of errors but most of those are the kind of errors that don't get awarded to lesser defensive players because they don't have the ability Inge does to even get to those balls in the first place. Come on now - Infante can't carry Inge's water.

Oh yeah....Porcello. :D:D Here's Keith Law's appraisal:

The best pick for value at a particular pick was easily Rick Porcello, one of the five best prospects in this draft, taken by Detroit at 27. The Tigers have been very aggressive in the draft under Dave Dombrowski, going over slot in the last four first rounds, and if they can get Porcello signed, it'll be a steal given where they picked.

I am thinking he's probably not quite on the level of Verlander, but he's only a high schooler, where Verlander and Miller were straight out of college, so there's plenty of development time ahead.

Porcella is just a high school kid, we wont see him here minimum '09. And thats best case scenario with him being lights out at every minor league stop and flying through the system.

Should have added "future" pitching depth then. :P

10-3 Tigs in the 6th inning...Andrew Miller 2-0! Not even Bazardo can blow this one!

Oh s*** 10-6 its the ultimate foot in the mouth jinx by me!

Unbelievable! My heart was racing like never before for a Tigers game. Verlander made them boys look like a JV team!

I wonder how many assholes now in the media will start chirping in about the effect of the birds.

Wow. That was amazing!!! Great game all around by all the Tigs. My heart was racing so fast from like the 7th on. I think I was more nervous just now than throughout all of the playoffs last year.

Really great to see....good for Justin and good for the Tigers!!

I saw the Schilling thing as well, and funny enough i was just talking to my friend the day after that how i'd never seen a no-hitter completed live. He had only seen 1 himself, and guess which game he picked to go to for the first time this season? Tonights! Lucky bastard!!

I was sitting down with the fam and my cousin called me and told me that Justin was on the verge of a no hitter. This was like the 6th inning, so I turned it on and watched the rest of it. It was freaking amazing! I wish I would of watched the whole game. :( But I witnessed the amazingness regardless! WOOT JUSTIN!

Guest Agalloch

That was ******* awesome. I've seen every game this season, and obviously, this one is my favorite. Not only the no-hitter, but twelve strikeouts. The Brewers had no idea wtf to do against him -- they were check swinging on nearly every pitch, and weren't even coming close to hitting it. Crowd was awesome too.

Plus, his girlfriend/wife is hot.

EDIT: WTF at Buster Olney criticizing Verlander for walking four people. He pitched a no-hitter, yet gives him little credit, and talks simply about how he needs to improve. Is this guy serious?!

Edited by Agalloch

Unfortunately I had to work until 9 so I only saw the last 2 innings, but I was listening on the radio! What a heck of a game by JV! Replay at noon tomorrow on FSN!

I was sitting down with the fam and my cousin called me and told me that Justin was on the verge of a no hitter. This was like the 6th inning, so I turned it on and watched the rest of it. It was freaking amazing! I wish I would of watched the whole game. :( But I witnessed the amazingness regardless! WOOT JUSTIN!

You saw the best parts anyway. The first 5 innings wouldn't have been as exciting as the last 4.

I'm surprised at Verlander so far this year. I thought he'd have a little bit of a drop off in his 2nd year, I guess not! Him and Bondo are a combined 12-2!

More great news, Rogers will be back before the All-Star Game :thumbup:. Now we just need "Zoom" in there for August, September, and the Playoffs :P.