• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2007 Baseball Season

Rate this topic

Hold onto that ticket Hockeytown RW!

Congratulations Verlander and Tigs on the NH. :clap:

I'm a bit older than some of you and I remember Morris' NH - been awhile!

Thank you Tigers for entertaining me after the Wings and the Pistons seasons ended. Go Tigers - first place now baby! :thumbup:

I was getting so scared because my buddy and I were watching Schillings No-No get busted after 8-2/3 innings just a few days ago. I couldn't stop getting flashbacks from that.

Perez and Maggs made sure it was a no-no!

Incredible night! What a game, way to go JV! The atmosphere at Copa looked awesome tonight. Besides the Maggs walk-off homer in the ALCS last season, this is my favorite moment of the Leyland-era Tigers. The excitement and buzz for this team in the city of Detroit is truly amazing. 33,000 people there on a Tuesday night. Just a couple years ago, that number was lucky to be a 1/3 of that. I will never forget this.

Edited by GoWings1905

Section 132, Row 34, Seat 1 : 50 dollars

Nacho Supreme, Tall Labatt Blue, and 2 hot dogs: 20 bucks

Being there to see the first no hitter in Detroit in 55 years: Priceless

I am so jealous! But hell yeah for you! That is so awesome. :clap:

I was sitting down with the fam and my cousin called me and told me that Justin was on the verge of a no hitter. This was like the 6th inning, so I turned it on and watched the rest of it. It was freaking amazing! I wish I would of watched the whole game. :( But I witnessed the amazingness regardless! WOOT JUSTIN!

They're showing it again tomorrow starting at noon on FSN.

I don't suppose somebody would be willing to TiVo it for me or otherwise record it onto a DVD? I would, of course, be willing to compensate for the trouble, especially if you took the oh-so-excellent step of mailing it out to where I am.

A ROY and a no-no so far in Verlander's first two seasons. Is this guy gonna be a special pitcher or what?

I don't suppose somebody would be willing to TiVo it for me or otherwise record it onto a DVD? I would, of course, be willing to compensate for the trouble, especially if you took the oh-so-excellent step of mailing it out to where I am.

A ROY and a no-no so far in Verlander's first two seasons. Is this guy gonna be a special pitcher or what?

I set my TiVo to record the replay from the office here. FSN-HD shows a blank spot at 12noon, so it looks like only the SD version will be replaying.

Can anyone confirm that? I'd rather have the widescreen HD version TiVoed...

Thanks for letting me know they are replaying it! I'm taping it for my boyfriend who happens to be in Philadelphia on business and was at the Phillies game last night and had no idea what was going down at Comerica. He was pretty upset he missed it.

So, BRTD, if you really want I can send you a VHS tape of it! If you know anyone who still has that outdated thing called a VCR to play it on.

Rodney needs to go

I couldn't agree more. The guy is complete garbage, and provides nothing but losses to this team. The Tigers bullpen quite frankly sucks. They need to deal one of their surplus of starting pitchers for a reliever or two. I honestly don't trust anyone in that bullpen, and the one guy I do trust is hurt. The starting pitching on the Tigers is too good for the bullpen to keep blowing games like they have all season. Rodney needs to be in Toledo, or blowing leads on another team.

There's still 98 games to play and the Tigers are only half a game back of Cleveland. And this is missing Kenny all season and Zumaya since May; and a shaky bullpen. I don't see any point in trying to deal for bullpen help yet.

When Rodney is on, he's great. I don't know if he's hurt, or just needs to get his head in the game or what. But if he can find his form from last year, he'd be a great set up man.

Guys if theyre not going to deal, we're just going to have to ride it out with Rodney. There is simply nobody else to bring up, Toledo is full of junk, Byrdak was it. As far as relievers theres nothing in Erie either..unless you wanna convert one of the starters.

The Tigers dealing for Otsuka from Texas is picking a small bit of steam.

There's still 98 games to play and the Tigers are only half a game back of Cleveland. And this is missing Kenny all season and Zumaya since May; and a shaky bullpen. I don't see any point in trying to deal for bullpen help yet.

When Rodney is on, he's great. I don't know if he's hurt, or just needs to get his head in the game or what. But if he can find his form from last year, he'd be a great set up man.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with you about Rodney. He has proven time and time again that he has great stuff, but doesn't know how to use it. With the American League as good as it is, every game is important, and losses like this are tough to afford. Even getting Zumaya back, I'm still not confident with any one else in the bullpen. I think you are right about Rodney's problems being mental. The guy can pitch, but his head is never in it. Now, it's to the point where I expect Rodney to blow the lead when he pitches. I'm sorry, but I think the guy has been given plenty of chances to succeed, and has constantly been a major disappointment.

Is Roman Colon still hurt? He's not the best solution, but he'd be serviceable in the pen.

Colon is back in Toledo, and has actually pitched pretty well so far.

Edited by GoWings1905

Whatever happen to HDTV?

So much for the hype of watching stuff in HD when they do not even show the baseball game in HD. :(

Edited by Jwo

For people who don't like Rodney you may like this...it's from the Reds board

sources are Baseball Weekly, Detroit Free Press, Jayson Stark and Buster Olney.

Detroit Tigers are very close to acquiring Adam Dunn and David Weathers for Fernando Rodney and a couple of minor league pitching prospects. Notably Dallas Trahern a 22 year old Double AA Pitcher who has a 8-2 record and Eulogio De La Cruz another Double AA prospect who is 21 years old and has a excellent change-up. Other names mentioned is Virgil Vasquez who pitches for the Toledo Mud Hens and has a 7-2 record. Trahern is the prize prospect in the Detroit system and they do not want to give him up. Reds fans hoping for everyday starters at the MLB level in exchange for Dunn may be disappointed.

Most likely Krivsky will look more at minor leaguers who may be ready in a few years, rather then High priced starters.

This move doesn't make sense to me...the only way it does is if Monroe is on the block. Maybe we are setting up a future deal for Gange???

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

For people who don't like Rodney you may like this...it's from the Reds board

sources are Baseball Weekly, Detroit Free Press, Jayson Stark and Buster Olney.

Detroit Tigers are very close to acquiring Adam Dunn and David Weathers for Fernando Rodney and a couple of minor league pitching prospects. Notably Dallas Trahern a 22 year old Double AA Pitcher who has a 8-2 record and Eulogio De La Cruz another Double AA prospect who is 21 years old and has a excellent change-up. Other names mentioned is Virgil Vasquez who pitches for the Toledo Mud Hens and has a 7-2 record. Trahern is the prize prospect in the Detroit system and they do not want to give him up. Reds fans hoping for everyday starters at the MLB level in exchange for Dunn may be disappointed.

Most likely Krivsky will look more at minor leaguers who may be ready in a few years, rather then High priced starters.

This move doesn't make sense to me...the only way it does is if Monroe is on the block. Maybe we are setting up a future deal for Gange???

I havent heard anything about this. If we acquire Dunn, moving Monroe is a no brainer. He's a lame duck out there anyway.(nice game today by the way C-Mo...) Next year, Dunn moves to first with Maybin in CF, Granderson LF, Magglio RF. He could also play some at 1B this season, depending on how Casey is doing. You have Thames to throw in left when you do that so again, Monroe's not needed. I hate to lose Trahern, but having Porcello now softens the blow.

Guest Agalloch

I want Craig Monroe off the team right now. He's always sucked, and today was the last straw. You DO NOT go 0-5 with 5 K's, including one in the bottom of the ninth with one out and a runner on third. That's just ri-*******-diculous.

Gah, the bullpen is such a mess. I'd do the Dunn trade, though I don't want to give us Vasquez or Trahern. We can't keep punting games away though, so if we have to overpay a bit, so be it.