• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GuloGulo

Big Brawl in Buffalo (vs Ottawa)

Rate this topic

Im under the impression that Buffalo felt this was a dirty hit (as i said i havent seen it). Doesnt matter how you saw it after replays, its how they viewed it at the time.

That's neither here nor there.

Chris Neil threw that hit. Not Jason Spezza. Not Dany Heatley. Not any other Senator. Chris ******* Neil.

If Ruff wanted to be a big man he should have had Peters waiting for his next shift to coincide with Neil's first after coming out of the box (he already got jumped by a Sabre just after the hit, granted not a big time fighter but you get the picture).

I havent seen the hit, but if Buffalo felt it was dirty or that Drury got blindsided by Ottawa's tough guy Chris Neil...the Senators stars are then fair game. You take out our star...we go after yours. Thats THE CODE!

I just watched the hit on the clip from this thread. Umm...Drury went flying through the air from the hit. I'm not sure how that couldn't have been dirty. In any case, I totally agree with what you're saying. Its just a shame that the Wings couldn't defend their captain if the same thing happened to them.

Is fighters fighting skill guys against the code?

I'm pretty sure that's worse than a clean check on a skill guy.

If you have a beef, take it up with the guy you have a beef with. It's the only thing that makes sense. Really. Anything else is stupid.

I'm off to work.....

If you have a beef, take it up with the guy you have a beef with. It's the only thing that makes sense. Really. Anything else is stupid.

I'm off to work.....

Not if its revenge oriented. For instance, lets say Drury checked Neil and Neil responded by dropping his gloves and beating him down. Now if you're Buffalo, how do you react? Wait around and do nothing till you get your hands on Neil, or teach Ottawa a lesson and get immediate payback by sending Peters after Heatley? You do the latter...no question. Thats not to say you still dont go after Neil at some point, but you DO NOT let s*** like that go down unanswered. I think youve watched one too many Wings games ;) Im sure you'll say my comparison is not the same as what happened, but a cheap hit by a tough guy on a star would fall in a similar category. Ruff wasnt happy with the hit, and like i said he was a fighter...so he would know what the code is all about!

It wasn't an elbow. It was the same hit that was deemed clean by the league as tossed at Willy, Franzen, and a couple others this year. The ever debated high shoulder.

It was a shoulder, but wasn't the puck already in the corner by the time the hit was delivered?

My beef was the late hit. And honestly, even though it was a shoulder, it looked like he threw it up in Drury's jaw. There was no attempt to play the body. He was trying to catch a piece of Drury's head as he flew by. Shoulder or elbow, that's still a penalty when you go headhunting.

And as for the code crap, going after the other team's stars isn't "the code" as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't want the Wings operating that way. But I would want them to put a beat down on the guy that did it.

Guest Crymson

LOL. I just watched the highlights. Ever wonder why Emery has pictures of boxers on his helmets? Mike Tyson, anyone? I knew that guy was just craving a fight. He was pretty happy when Biron obliged him, and then even happier when he beat the snot out of ol' Marty.

Yeah, Heatley, Spezza, and whoever else that was out there are sure a scary bunch. Protect your fellow Sabres from those mean nasties!!!

Old time hockey you take the guy's number and wait for him out on the ice. You don't start indiscriminately attacking the opposition's skill guys.

There is a Code, no? Doesn't Olde Time Hockey!? follow some sort of Code?

All Murrays fault, right after that hit he puts his top skill line out there? What was he thinking

Biron has some big balls for fighting Emery, Emery use to be a well known fighter and boxes and has like a 50 pound advantage.

Edited by datsyuk_13_fan

man, Emery was smiling through the whole thing. I loved it!

Yea.. Emery likes to scrap.. he's from my hometown.. he's always scraping in local bars.. a friend of mine (a bouncer) beat the s*** out of him last summer... the same guy also got in a scrap with Adam Mair a couple years ago..

Games like this should not be decided by a ******* shootout. They should have played sudden death

Hahaha- in games like this sudden death takes on a whole new meaning.

OH GOD- Ottawa plays Buffalo on Saturday on Hockey Night in Canada! SWEET! That's gonna be a great game with some hardcore action :lol:

It was a shoulder, but wasn't the puck already in the corner by the time the hit was delivered?

My beef was the late hit. And honestly, even though it was a shoulder, it looked like he threw it up in Drury's jaw. There was no attempt to play the body. He was trying to catch a piece of Drury's head as he flew by. Shoulder or elbow, that's still a penalty when you go headhunting.

And as for the code crap, going after the other team's stars isn't "the code" as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't want the Wings operating that way. But I would want them to put a beat down on the guy that did it.

I completely agree- it was an intent to injure if there ever was one. He was obviously trying to lay Drury out.

Not if its revenge oriented. For instance, lets say Drury checked Neil and Neil responded by dropping his gloves and beating him down. Now if you're Buffalo, how do you react? Wait around and do nothing till you get your hands on Neil, or teach Ottawa a lesson and get immediate payback by sending Peters after Heatley? You do the latter...no question. Thats not to say you still dont go after Neil at some point, but you DO NOT let s*** like that go down unanswered. I think youve watched one too many Wings games ;) Im sure you'll say my comparison is not the same as what happened, but a cheap hit by a tough guy on a star would fall in a similar category. Ruff wasnt happy with the hit, and like i said he was a fighter...so he would know what the code is all about!

I'd say Neil is a pansy ass and should stay off the ice if he can't take a hit without throwing a tantrum. This IS hockey you know. Checking is allowed. It absolutely blows my mind that all the tough guy fight fans are absolute babies about any sort of contact being made. Grow a pair. Dust yourself off and finish your shift (or get off the ice).

Anyway, back to your scenario. I'd say that's a crystal clear example of when a 'third man in' game-misconduct is warranted. WTF are you doing letting a skill guy get manhandled by a goon? Step in. No reason Neil should be allowed to drop Drury in such a case. A Sabre or three ought to be there before it gets that far.

As for Ruff knowing what the Code is all about... Why was Kocur so pissed Quenneville and the Blues? Weren't they following the Code by gooning it up because they were embarassed on the scoresheet and season series? Isn't the proverbial "Sending a Message" A-OK in that case? Bulls***, and Joey put it quite well when he told the cowering Joel that he had no balls. Sending fighters after non-fighters is nothing but bushleague chickens***. It's a bunch of overgrown boys throwing a tantrum because their feelings were hurt. Same goes for Ruff last night.

I'm off to work.....

That was in no way a clean hit. No. Way. Neil had his right elbow WAY up leading into the head of Drury AFTER the play. and no that is not just finishing the check.

Im not saying its right or I agree with it, but if one team goes after another teams star , it's coming back the other way. Getting back at Neil instead of...everybody else... that probably would have been justice enough, because it was probably all his own doing anyway.

But as Ruff said to Murray "You went after MY f**king captain!"

And how bout Emery! :clap: I hope the next time they play (Saturday) McGrattan will knock that goon Peters out. :angry: Dont mess with the tender!

I'd say Neil is a pansy ass and should stay off the ice if he can't take a hit without throwing a tantrum. This IS hockey you know. Checking is allowed.

Neil a pansy, yeah right. And you say checking is allowed? Neil sure as hell showed that to Drury.

Edited by Zetter is Better

Ray emery is a f**king *****. I hope that someone plows his crease with their stick around his neck. I wouldn't think twice of doing it.

I don't know why but I hate the senators more than any other team.

Edited by bellarina

I'm of another philosophy - if the opponents target our stars, I want the Wings to target every last one of them. Their stars, their goalie, their water boy, their medic crew. Heck, climb the booth and beat up their PBP guys.

If the Wings had enforcers, they should not attack the other team's goons.. that's pointless. The people you need to rough up are their weak spots, their gamebreakers. Balance of terror. Screw the code! :octo:

Heinc noeum lex.

Youtube will have something later, hopefully. This is definitely the stuff that defines great passionate hockey.

It doesn't take massive injuries to kick off good games between teams. All it takes is a spark, then fire.

I saw emery lay some dude out when he was with the grayhounds, thats sault saint marie for you.

He's got some fighting skill

ATTA BOY EMERY!

I love Ray Emery. Two fights, heroic....if the stick in Lapierre's face didnt say dont f**k with me, this certainly does....and as pointed about above he beat someone down in the OHL...and again in the AHL. Somethings never change.