No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu in Israel

10/24 GDT: Canucks @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Lessee here:

A one-line offense backed by a struggling but great goalie;

vs.

A solid team that's currently only getting offense from one line and has a back-up goalie that's blowing the doors off of other teams.

[That would be the Nucks, then the Wings - just so there's no confusion there]

Is Osgood starting? Doesn't really matter.

The Nucks are as good as they're going to get this season, and it ain't that great. Luongo hasn't been doing that well so far (with some glimmers here and there), and the team needs him because, well, he IS the team. Their strategy as always seems to be to have him stop everything and then squeak out a goal or two. The Wings are clearly the team to beat, and the Nucks don't have any way to make that happen. Their only hope in the game is an endless string of power plays, since the Sedins seem to be able to pull longish shifts if they don't have to skate too much.

3-1. That's generous to the Nucks. Not much to watch, unless the Wings put together a solid team game that they can build on. Otherwise, it's just a matter of how many get past Luongo.

Guest DetroitIan

I'll be at the game! Only 10 rows behind the glass! Hopefully we light Loungo's ass up!!! So the sooner I fall asleep, the sooner I get to see the Detroit Red Wings go to work.

As for my prediction. Well let's put it this way. I've been to 17 games in my life. And Im 15-1-1(the one loss I witnessed was game 2 in the first round in '03 against the Ducks). But other than that, I always get lucky enough to watch the Red Wings get the "W". I sure hope that trend continues.

Red Wings 4 Canucks 3

Red Wings goal scorers: Draper, Zetterberg X2, Lidstrom

Canucks goal scorers: Morrison, Naslund, Kesler

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

Edited by DetroitIan

huge game for me (being from BC and all) either they win (which they will) and i get to piss everyone off or they lose and i dont hear the end of it.

wings win 4-1

LETS GO WINGS

Guest Canadian Wings

wooo! finally hockey tonight! uhm I will take a 7-2 win. we will get some good scoring tonight after a nice rest from more than hank

somehow i don't think we'll score 7 goals on luongo :crazy:

anyone else surprised by the nucks slow start?

no, luongo carried them for the most part last year. he's been off to a slow start, hence the reason why they have been also...

he played well against carolina tho, hopefully it doesn't continue :thumbup:

Guest Canadian Wings

Kevin Bieksa is out of the line up tomorrow for the Canucks as well ;)

EDIT: looks like you already had that there haha

Edited by Canadian Wings

Oh, dear, I seem to have opened up a can of worms here. I merely asked the mods if it would be OK if we had a seperate thread for predictions since some people love them (like me) and some people hate them. I figured that since they were trying to cut down the posts in the main that this would be a good way of getting some of them out where the people who really like them could read them. Really, before the game I just read for the predictions, I love them so much.

As far as I know, the mods have not in any way said that we can't post predictions in the Aflac GDT. Sorry if I started something. I really didn't mean to.

Anyway, for my prediction:

Battle of the goaltenders.

Final score: Wings 1 (Zata asst. by Homer) Canucks 0.

22 PIM and 2 recalled goals for Homer as well. Sedin twins fined for spraypainting an extra foot or two around the crease. Attempted defense that Homer said it wouldn't matter fails. Chelios blasts the extra paint away with his x-ray vision. What's to stop him?

As usual, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to try and predict a score.

However, isolated incidents are absolute fair game:

- Homer has a goal disallowed

- Homer takes an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

- Homer is given a 10-minute misconduct

- Homer leads NHL in PIMs by end of the game

Predictions in the GDT are fine. They're about the game after all. It's the pages and pages full of one-word fluff posts that derail the discussion. I'd rather not have a separate thread every day for predictions.

I'm going to merge this with the GDT since this is basically a branch of it.

Hmm.. lets see.. a prediction.. I think that Dom is going to be back in Dominator form for this game so I see the Wings taking it.. 6-1 And Zetterberg had better get at least 5 points because I don't know if I can stand seeing Sundin in first for points..

I will be missing tonights game because I am going to see the Blue Man Group at Michigan State tonight. I hope the wings play well and have a solid night in net from Dom. I hope that Downey and Ellis continue with the great forecheck and maybe even have Downey throw his fists a bit.

TSN has the game tonight for all us in Canada! Hells yeah! Finally can watch the Redwings beat this stupid Canucks on a nice big screen instead of all these online feeds.

GO WINGS GO, F* UP LU-ON-GO!

How can we have a thread about Vancouver without a mention of the greatest YouTube video of all-time???

:cool:

As for my prediction, the Wings better show up for a COMPLETE 60-minute game! That is a MUST! Vancouver, no matter how bad they are playing at the time, always plays us very tough. I think they took 3 of four from us last season and have won 7 of the last 11 meetings.

Be prepared for a battle tonight boys! This is going to be on TSN all across Canada and if you think Vancouver is going to let themselves be embarrassed on Nat'l TV, think again. Vancouver does not have the depth on defense or up front to compete with teams that forecheck and play a puck-posession style of play for 60 minutes. If Babcock rolls four lines tonight and the Wing's keep their feet moving, the Canucks will take penalties, something that will not go over too well considering the Canucks PK is not exactly groovin' right now.

Best way to beat Luongo??? Get traffic to the front of the net. All of our guys need to be getting to the top of the crease.

Red Wings: 4 (Samuelsson, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Rafalski)

Canucks: 3 (H. Sedin, Kesler, Corwan)

Edited by WhiteLightning91

How can we have a thread about Vancouver without a mention of the greatest YouTube video of all-time???

one of the funniest moments in the playoffs that year. Gotta love Cheli... :lol:

Go, Dom, set yet another NHL record tonight!! :clap:

The Canucks have probably owned the Red Wings more than any other team these past few years, so here's hoping the Wings show up to play this evening. Vancouver is off to a slow start, but that worries me. I think they're due for a big break-out night. I'm just hoping it isn't tonight.

Bieksa out of the line-up is a big factor. I'm looking forward to the Downey/Ellis/Kopecky line pushing around some Canucks this evening. I really enjoy watching them play. Forget Grigorenko, stick with these guys.