• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Coffey77

Greetings from Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Coffey77: Welcome to The LetsGoWings boards. First of all I want to say I also respect you the Penguins organization and all the fans that support it. I'll be honest I really don't want to play you guys again. Because I have seen so much improvment for Pittsbugh this season. From going from a team that looked like they were going to miss the playoffs to a team that looks like it's going to make a return trip to the SCFinals. Your team has improved so much over this past season and I do believe in my team and support the Detroit Red Wings to death I'm worried about playing you guys again. Last year was a great series and I think it will be again as long as these two teams return to play for the Cup again. I'm hoping for the same outcome as last season only in fewer games and i'm sure that you and the Pens are hoping to reverse the roles. With the type of team that you have again this season it wouldn't surprise me if you guys did. I have to say no matter what happens I think you and the Penguins can expect a Stanley Cup in the Steel City soon. I'm hoping the Wings can have one more season in the sun before the rest of the league get's their fair crack at the Wings. Best of luck in the reamaining game of the Eastern Finals and the however many games in the Stanley Cup Finals. Take care and I hope to talk hockey with you again soon. Let's Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!

Greetings from the Mitten! Opposing fans are always welcome as long as they are here for the right reasons.

First off, I'm from W. Michigan, Bylsma's home turf, and he's one hell of a guy/coach! I respect him 210% more than Therrien. Stand up, doesn't act out, classy, etc.

Second, Malkin and Crosby scare the hell out of me right now. No matter who they play, they just seem to have, or create, all the time and space they need to make it happen.

Finally, let's finish the WCF/ECF and not start tempting the bad JuJu!! We're somewhat superstitious around these here parts, lol.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

Yay, someone thats come to join me... and they aren't a stupid Yinzer-Bandwagon-toolshed.

:D

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
I trust that you and EMALKIN over there are not on the same page. Glad to see you around, hope you don't get into any really major scuffles... no promises though.. :P

EMALKIN is a stupid Yinzer-Bandwagon-Toolshed. Excuse him, I guarntee you he just started watching hockey a year ago.

EMALKIN is a stupid Yinzer-Bandwagon-Toolshed. Excuse him, I guarntee you he just started watching hockey a year ago.

Yea it was funny when HE CALLED US bandwagon fans in the "Pens are unstoppable" discussion. Jerk!

So, Mr. Coffey, in your opinion was Mike Therrien a whiney whiner or a good tactical coach?

Was the smartest move they have made in some time. And the results are showing. We will (possibly) be facing a very good coaching mind. Haven't seen one on the other bench all playoffs.

So, Mr. Coffey. I don't want to sound elitist, but I think this is true. Last year the Penns had a huge wake up call when they played the Wings. It was a whole other level of hockey they were introduced to rather rudely (I think two straight shut outs backs this up). I can safely say that Carolina, Washington (yea Ovie, but then what?) and the Flyers are less than impressive to me. The Penns make look dominant, but while I am impressed, I am not super impressed with their opponents. How will the Penns prepare, or can they, if we meet in the SCF this year.

P.S. Anyone, when was the last time the NHL had a SCF rematch?

Edited by Stiffy

Here's my level headed and objective viewpoint on another Detroit/Pitt matchup:

The wings will neutralize Crosby and Malkin 90% of the time. If that occurs, I like the supporting cast of Detroit much better than Pitt. I think Hossa is also highly motivated to win the cup.

Given the refs call it fair, and we have Lidstrom and Datsyuk in the lineup, I think wings in 5 (like it should have been last year until the refs ruined it). I think Pit last year was better team than this year.

Oh and I'll say this much about Crosby. I'm rather indifferent to him as a whole but he's been scary good these playoffs. Definitely deserves the C on his shoulder.

He hasn't played a team with good defense yet either. And most seem to agree the East is inferior to the West overall. Still though, him and Malkin have been quite a force lately. We'll see...they should be more prepared for Detroit this year as opposed to last year.

Thinking back to that, I think I was pretty upset at the time. If I can remember correctly, I think he did leave his feet. But it's really not uncommon for people to leave their feet when they hit anymore. In the regular season, I would probably consider it dirty. But everything changes in the playoffs. You can get away with a lot more. Matt Cooke does it pretty often. I guess that is playoff hockey for you.

If you get a chance to look at the replays, you will notice that Havlat had his head down, which is a big no-no. You will also notice that Kronwall tried to avoid the hit at the last second.

In the end, it was clean and when you have your head down, you get hit!! Ask Eric Lindros. This aint basketball.

The guys in the booth stated it best when they called it the "wussification of hockey".

Welcome aboard!! The Penguins scare me!!

Was the smartest move they have made in some time. And the results are showing. We will (possibly) be facing a very good coaching mind. Haven't seen one on the other bench all playoffs.

So, Mr. Coffey. I don't want to sound elitist, but I think this is true. Last year the Penns had a huge wake up call when they played the Wings. It was a whole other level of hockey they were introduced to rather rudely (I think two straight shut outs backs this up). I can safely say that Carolina, Washington (yea Ovie, but then what?) and the Flyers are less than impressive to me. The Penns make look dominant, but while I am impressed, I am not super impressed with their opponents. How will the Penns prepare, or can they, if we meet in the SCF this year.

I think alot of hockey people might say Carlyle posseses "a good coaching mind". He surely seems to know how to match up with the Wings better than anyone else.

Pittsburgh had a way better team last year than this year. They struggled against Philly, struggled against Washington, and beating up on a not so hot Carolina team. Bill Guerin is no Marian Hossa. You think Hossa was motivated this game, wait till the Finals. Pittsburgh will need rockets up their asses to catch him. Detroit has shown that they can put their foot on teams throats and push for the kill. f*** Pittsburgh and f*** their fans because there are no friends in war =)

Edited by RainingBlood

If you get a chance to look at the replays, you will notice that Havlat had his head down, which is a big no-no. You will also notice that Kronwall tried to avoid the hit at the last second.

In the end, it was clean and when you have your head down, you get hit!! Ask Eric Lindros. This aint basketball.

The guys in the booth stated it best when they called it the "wussification of hockey".

If your scared get a DOG

1983 - 1984!! The Edmonton Oilers ended the New York Islanders "Drive for Five". Yeah, it's been a while.

It was the passing of the torch from one great dynasty to another as aging Islanders faded into mediocrity while the Oilers would go on to win 4 more cups over the next 6 years.

*wimpification

I laughed when Mike said that.

1983 - 1984!! The Edmonton Oilers ended the New York Islanders "Drive for Five". Yeah, it's been a while.

It was the passing of the torch from one great dynasty to another as aging Islanders faded into mediocrity while the Oilers would go on to win 4 more cups over the next 6 years.

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Here's hoping this SCF rematch ends a little differently from the last :beerbuddy:

If your scared get a DOG

If a dog can shut down Crosby and Malkin and get a few past Fluery, then I'm in. They are not exactly the Chicago Blackhawks and they are certainly not the Columbus Blue Jackets. The only team that stood a chance against the Wings is the Anaslime Dicks.

If anyone can beat the Redwings, it is the Penguins and I am sure the league wants the Pens to win more than anything, which is never a good thing.

*wimpification

I laughed when Mike said that.

He was right!! This is hockey *hits( looked a little more like a collision to me) happen.

After seeing such a display, I can't help but wonder if the league borrowed some refs from the NBA or something!!

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Pittsburgh had a way better team last year than this year. They struggled against Philly, struggled against Washington, and beating up on a not so hot Carolina team. Bill Guerin is no Marian Hossa. You think Hossa was motivated this game, wait till the Finals. Pittsburgh will need rockets up their asses to catch him. Detroit has shown that they can put their foot on teams throats and push for the kill. f*** Pittsburgh and f*** their fans because there are no friends in war =)

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Providing they meet, which seems likely: Crosby and Malkin are better this year for sure, but to me it's still basically just those two guys with Guerin and Fedotenko riding shotgun. I'm sure it'll be no small feat to contain them but there's no team better equipped for it than the Wings, so it should be a good battle; after the way Getzlaf ran roughshod over this defense I'm ready to see anything.

The Wings, on the other hand, are just getting goals from everywhere. On any given night anyone can score. Other than maybe Franzen they don't seem to have any one guy that steps up and dominates night-in and night-out, which is good to have for reliability and consistency on that front, but they have it on another front with the depth of scoring in the top nine.