• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PashaFan

Marian Hossa Discussions

Rate this topic

couldn't have been that much of a s*** goal if he was still awarded a star...

It was a s*** goal. It doesn't mean he didn't play a great game (he did). It means he gave up a s*** goal and it ended up being the game winner because our offense (meaning EVERYONE, not just Marian Hossa) didn't do jack. Him giving up a s*** goal and him being a star of the game aren't mutually exclusive events.

oh and DUDE check out the story written up about ozzie in the freep!!! there was a thread about his horrible game today and weak goals! here is the link so you can just reply in this thread Osgood spectacular in losing effort how nice am i??? come on.... super nice i know!

Sweet. Be sure to print off a few extra copies to ruin.

I know though you have all that built up anomosity because ozzie displaced your boy last year to win the cup. its cool i felt the same when dom displaced ozzie years ago!

Yeah, clearly I didn't give Osgood any credit this year or last. I don't hate the guy. I've actually grown to like him fairly well. I can't hate on a guy that loves the Wings as much as he does. I don't like the fact that he's basically become untouchable and you can't even suggest that maybe, MAYBE, one of the goals he let up was even partially his fault without half the world throwing a Crosby-like hissyfit.

That said, even if he gave up 7 and got chased the next game, I can assure you I would never make a "f*** Osgood" avatar.

I don't care how much ca$h he COULD have made if he signed elsewhere. It's irrelevant to the issue.

I don't care that he chose to join the STANLEY CUP CHAMPION TEAM in an attempt to win a Cup himself. His motives are also irrelevant (everyone wants to win a cup!)

I do care that Marrion Hossa's EFFORT - ON THE ICE - seems to be ... lacking.

He is possibly injured; I can understand that. The past 2 months have been BRUTAL on the Wings!

That's not a valid excuse in Detroit, though. Every single player is hurt, some obviously more than others, but that doesn't excuse the apparent lack-of-effort!

Steve Yzerman proved to all of us that WILLPOWER > Injury. Don't stop, don't let-up, give it everything and more. If you CAN'T do that, if you are SO injured that you can't muster the energy to even TRY to play... then sit, and let the team dress someone else. Because you aren't doing anything positive for your team anyway. That goes for you, and me, and that goes for Marrion Hossa too.

LETS GO RED WINGS! 200% drive and effort from EVERYBODY!

:ph34r:

It was a s*** goal. It doesn't mean he didn't play a great game (he did). It means he gave up a s*** goal and it ended up being the game winner because our offense (meaning EVERYONE, not just Marian Hossa) didn't do jack. Him giving up a s*** goal and him being a star of the game aren't mutually exclusive events.

Sweet. Be sure to print off a few extra copies to ruin.

Yeah, clearly I didn't give Osgood any credit this year or last. I don't hate the guy. I've actually grown to like him fairly well. I can't hate on a guy that loves the Wings as much as he does. I don't like the fact that he's basically become untouchable and you can't even suggest that maybe, MAYBE, one of the goals he let up was even partially his fault without half the world throwing a Crosby-like hissyfit.

That said, even if he gave up 7 and got chased the next game, I can assure you I would never make a "f*** Osgood" avatar.

Ozzie paid his dues all through the season with people ragging on him for his lack of skills... he stepped up his regular season... has hossa done the same? nope i dont think so

with that said Ozzie has been a wall this post season, i highly doubt he will give up 7 in the finals. But if he did, at least he made an impact is some 20+ games this post season

there is difference to not doing jack and not doing jack by way of just coasting around out there.... Rewatch the game watch Hossa, i mean focus in on him every shift... he coasted more often then not, no hustle

Edited by OsGOD

Fair enough, but Franzen also scored two goals in that game. I haven't seen a single game where Hossa was the sole reason we won. You would kind of hope that a superstar who took less money to win a cup would be able to throw a performance like that together just once in a post season when the rest of his team was struggling. Hopefully, he doesn't have to be the only guy Friday, but more of the same from Marian probably won't be good enough. So far, I've only seen Hossa score goals when it didn't seem to be much of a problem for anybody.

This is true, but our lead had evaporated. We HAD to have that game and he put us up two heading into the third, on the road. If we lose that game, our season is in all likelihood over. That alone should be enough to get people to cut the guy a little slack, especially considering he's fourth on the team in goals and points. It's not like he's been invisible. I'm sure he'd like to be playing better. I wish he was playing better. But it's stupid to suggest (as some have done) that he hasn't helped at all in the playoffs. It's simply not true. He was a big reason we got out of that Columbus series in four (and didn't risk sustaining even more injuries). He was a huge reason that we beat Anaheim. And even in the Finals, he played a huge role in the Game 2 win and helped to open the floodgates in Game 5.

I don't have a problem with people saying that Hossa hasn't played up to expectations. I'm guessing he would be the first to admit that. I do have a problem with people questioning his effort (which has been fine...just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he's loafing). And I think it's silly to make a "f*** Hossa" avatar or to call him a douchebag and tell him to go back to Pittsburgh.

(This paragraph assumes Hossa is injured, which he more than likely is)

I find it extremely amusing that at the suggestion the guy might be hurt, the response is "Well he shouldn't be playing then." Like any team's 13th forward would be good for 15 points in a playoff run. Whether he's playing great hockey or not, he's done more than any possible replacement would have. We're questioning a guy's effort and heart when he's playing through injury? It would be the EASY thing to sit down. He's still trying (he leads the team in shots by a wide margin) and he's still having a positive impact, even if some of these loons don't see it.

No one cares what Hossa has done through the first 3 rounds of playoff hockey... he has reached his destination, the promised land and another shot at Lord Stanley's Cup. He should be destroying the Pens... he should be the MVP. This guy is one game away from what he left $70 Million on the table for, if he can't get motivated for that, what can he get motivated for?

I don't hate Hossa, he just hasn't shown up in this round whatsoever. He played his worst game ever tonight. He was slow, gave the puck up, played tenative and created nothing. And all this back checking nonsense means nothing if you can't put a puck in the net once in the finals.

Dude is choking.

I don't have a problem with people saying that Hossa hasn't played up to expectations. I'm guessing he would be the first to admit that. I do have a problem with people questioning his effort (which has been fine...just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he's loafing). And I think it's silly to make a "f*** Hossa" avatar or to call him a douchebag and tell him to go back to Pittsburgh.

rewatch tonights game (actually any and all 6 of them) and focus on him... then tell me he wasn't loafing

and he can go back to pittsburgh, his actions against them seem to show he never left

No one cares what Hossa has done through the first 3 rounds of playoff hockey... he has reached his destination, the promised land and another shot at Lord Stanley's Cup. He should be destroying the Pens... he should be the MVP. This guy is one game away from what he left $70 Million on the table for, if he can't get motivated for that, what can he get motivated for?

Which is precisely the reason I'm convinced he's injured. It would make no sense for him to start slacking NOW.

I don't hate Hossa, he just hasn't shown up in this round whatsoever. He played his worst game ever tonight. He was slow, gave the puck up, played tenative and created nothing. And all this back checking nonsense means nothing if you can't put a puck in the net once in the finals.

Dude is choking.

Except, ya know, helping to create two goals in our 3-1 win in Game 2, and helping to get us going in Game 5.

I'm sure he's pressing. With the possible exception of Crosby, there's no player in this series with more pressure on him than Hossa. Maybe he's feeling the pressure, maybe he's injured, maybe some of both. I just don't believe that a guy with that much to play for just all of a sudden starts trying to ride people's coattails to the title. He's been good enough for us (and was good enough in the playoffs last year) to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Osgod:

there is difference to not doing jack and not doing jack by way of just coasting around out there.... Rewatch the game watch Hossa, i mean focus in on him every shift... he coasted more often then not, no hustle

He didn't play well tonight by any means. He also wasn't alone for the first 35 minutes of the game.

I wouldn't say he hasn't helped at all, but I will say with confidence that he hasn't helped as much as a player who signed specifically to win the stanley cup and put up major points in the regular season should have. Having 3 good games isn't enough.

Biggest game of his life and Hossa was brutal. He is getting worse as the POs go on. He's played OK w alot of hits etc in a few games, but honestly does he play any better than our 4th line guys?

Well only one more game left as a Red Wing. Hope he makes it count, but I'll be counting on other guys to step it up....

How everyone is overlooking the plays he made in Games 2 and 5 is beyond me. Those were big time goals at big time moments that sealed wins for Detroit in pivotal games. I know everyone is expecting more out of him, I'm with you on that, but you've got to expand your mind a bit and look past some statistics -- there's more to hockey (and Hossa) than just goal scoring.

If he had put the puck in the net instead of Flip I wonder if people would be bitching as much? I realize that this isn't always the case, but on the plays I'm talking about the set up was just as important as the finish.

I still have faith in the guy whether or not he has been productive or not this series. There should be enough motivation for him for game 7. IF the Wings don't win and he was a key part of the loss he will be a laughing stock and will have to go join his brother in the KHL.

How everyone is overlooking the plays he made in Games 2 and 5 is beyond me. Those were big time goals at big time moments that sealed wins for Detroit in pivotal games. I know everyone is expecting more out of him, I'm with you on that, but you've got to expand your mind a bit and look past some statistics -- there's more to hockey (and Hossa) than just goal scoring.

If he had put the puck in the net instead of Flip I wonder if people would be bitching as much? I realize that this isn't always the case, but on the plays I'm talking about the set up was just as important as the finish.

Someone gets it!

(BTW, games 2 and 5 get ignored--so do the plays he made in game 4 vs. anaheim that helped keep our season alive--because it kills the argument....)

Even if we are looking solely at stats, he's really not that bad (even without factoring in that he's likely hurt). 15 points, 4th on the team in scoring, 4th in goals, 1st in shots. With some more puck luck his numbers look a lot better. He's been snakebit at a bad time. He's had some bad games in this playoff run--tonight was one of them--but so has everyone on the team, Ozzie included.

Edited by Packer487

I've tried to stay away from the Hossa bashing for awhile now but this is getting ridiculous. How he gets trashed so much is something I can just not understand.

Watching him out there he is NOWHERE near as bad as people on these boards make him out to be. So he's not scoring, does that automatically mean he sucks or that he's lazy? You don't have to score to be productive. And yes I know that's his job and that's why the Wings signed him, but he isn't brutal, not even close. He's a great player and although he's had a hard time this post season that doesn't take anything away from him. Give the guy a freaking break already.

I so badly want him to score 2-3 goals on Friday and shut everyone the heck up.

I think everyone wants him to score 2-3 goals "badly", but its just not gonna happen. Let's do the math here, he's scored in 3 of 22 playoff games. I'm no mathematician, but thats a very low percent.

Sadly, theres no debating this - in the biggest game of his life, on the biggest stage, in a game where he could get the last laugh, he played horribly. He was a no show. Not the only one (Hudler, Sammy, Ericsson, Lebda etc).

I think everyone wants him to score 2-3 goals "badly", but its just not gonna happen. Let's do the math here, he's scored in 3 of 22 playoff games. I'm no mathematician, but thats a very low percent.

Sadly, theres no debating this - in the biggest game of his life, on the biggest stage, in a game where he could get the last laugh, he played horribly. He was a no show. Not the only one (Hudler, Sammy, Ericsson, Lebda etc).

Yes because that cannot happen on Friday. My bad.

Well all I can say now is, you have 1 more game to prove to this team and the world you made the right call to come to detroit. Even though I don't have faith he is gonna do anything in it but eat up minutes I would like to see helm out there more or even have abbie play in his spot.

i have been thinking about this, i wonder if his confidence is gone? he always passes, never shoots. he has to wake up in the morning and say im marian ******* hossa, and today im gonna get a hat trick. instead of what he does now.

Ouch! Seems you Wings fans aren't exactly too thrilled any more with your Mr. Hossa, just reading the last few posts.

Oh my! Poor Mr. Hossa.

Anyhoo, here's something hot off the presses at Sports Illustrated. Perhaps now you see what I'm talking about.

Now a final deserving of a Game 7 will provide exactly that, a bit of high drama that could anoint this be the best seven-gamer since the New York Rangers beat Vancouver in 1994. Marian Hossa, the Benedict Arnold who joined the Detroit Red Coats because he thought he would have a better chance of winning the Cup there than in Pittsburgh, still might be correct, but it behooves him to actually do something about it. Hossa had just one shot Tuesday. Through the first six games, he has no goals and three assists.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...f=si_topstories

Benedict Arnold indeed. This guy gets it.

I have to ask now: what did you expect out of Hossa? He's playing just like what he is: a team-hopper who thought he could coast to a Cup with a superior squad. A freeloader who's happy to take a seat rather than drive the bus. You reap what you sow, Wings fans, and this is what you've harvested. Hossa? You can have him.

All that's left now is for Crosby to lift the Cup and skate it around Hossa a couple times, and the cherry will be on top of the sundae. We'll see if the Pens can make that happen Friday Night.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

This whole thing with Hossa reminds me of back when people would call for Fedorov's head in the playoffs for the same reasons with Hossa this time. Fedorov doesn't care, he's playing with no effort or heart, he's being lazy in everything he does, blah blah blah.

How do you know that a player doesn't care or isn't giving it his all just by his movements? Some players just have that style of play. Fedorov took long strides when skating, and people would take it that by doing so he wasn't skating to his fullest and was just la-dee-da out there when in fact that was just his style of play.

I don't buy that Hossa is just half-assing it out there like the majority of this board seems to believe. Sure, he's in a funk, but all players get into them. Sure it would be nice to have him be more of a factor out there, but a guy in a slump isn't a reason to call for him not to be resigned or say "f*** Hossa".

Ouch! Seems you Wings fans aren't exactly too thrilled any more with your Mr. Hossa, just reading the last few posts.

Oh my! Poor Mr. Hossa.

Anyhoo, here's something hot off the presses at Sports Illustrated. Perhaps now you see what I'm talking about.

Benedict Arnold indeed. This guy gets it.

I have to ask now: what did you expect out of Hossa? He's playing just like what he is: a team-hopper who thought he could coast to a Cup with a superior squad. A freeloader who's happy to take a seat rather than drive the bus. You reap what you sow, Wings fans, and this is what you've harvested. Hossa? You can have him.

All that's left now is for Crosby to lift the Cup and skate it around Hossa a couple times, and the cherry will be on top of the sundae. We'll see if the Pens can make that happen Friday Night.

Get over it, Hossa owed you and Pittsburgh nothing. That SI writer is an idiot if he truly believes Hossa is a Benedict Arnold. Typical emotional bulls***.

Get over it, Hossa owed you and Pittsburgh nothing. That SI writer is an idiot if he truly believes Hossa is a Benedict Arnold. Typical emotional bulls***.

Say what you will about him, this is someone outside Pittsburgh describing Hossa like this, not some poster in some Pens' forum. So I'd say he'd be a bit less "emotion" prone when looking at the situation, wouldn't you?

Edited by BewareThePenguin