• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Chad LaRose

Rate this topic

Just doing a check on where Chad was from, seeing it was Michigan, played for Plymouth. But it was strange, under "Future" it has this

On July 1 2009, Chad signed a 3 year-year, two way contract with the Detroit Red Wings worth ~6.9 million ~2.3 million per year

Mods feel free to place under rumors, but I thought it was very weird to see.

Edit: Sorry guys, this isnt a rumor, I was doing a check on wikipedia to check out his career stats and info and read that, hope it clears things up haha.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Just doing a check on where Chad was from, seeing it was Michigan, played for Plymouth. But it was strange, under "Future" it has this

On July 1 2009, Chad signed a 3 year-year, two way contract with the Detroit Red Wings worth ~6.9 million ~2.3 million per year

Mods feel free to place under rumors, but I thought it was very weird to see.

source? website? link?

The same guy who posted this on Chad LaRose's Wikipedia page has also altered Martin Havlat's page to say Havlat plays for the Thrashers.

Yeah, probably just a guy screwing around. Too bad though, wouldnt mind having LaRose.

I thought LaRose was one of the very few bright spots in the Canes series VS the Pens, but I don't see this happening.

The team to beat now just might be the Hawks.

I am not optomistic at all about the upcoming season, year after maybe if they make some moves, but not this coming year.

NOTE: Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source in most cases, unless the statement in question is sourced one way or another.

As for the LaRose "signing", a quick search on Google revealed no sources stating that LaRose has been signed by Detroit. The Hockey News Transactions have not listed him either (yet?). As those are usually very reliable regarding any transactions, we can officially dismiss this as a rumor/hoax.

How about this quote on the Wikipedia page,

"Chad LaRose (born March 27, 1982 in Fraser, Michigan, United States) is a professional ice hockey right wing who currently is a free agent of the NHL. He is referred to by some local fans as "The Chuck Norris of Hockey""

its probably a few people in the Whalers office having fun with the former whalers wiki sites... I have heard it going around. The whalers are having their 20th season celebration and are "*******" with all the former players... i think its funny as hell :D

GO WHALERS!

GO WINGS!