• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Should Valtteri Filppula be traded?

Rate this topic

Should Flip be traded?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, not before Jerry Piddler at least. Piddler is the worst player to put on the Winged Wheel since Miroslav Frycer. This guy is a disgrace to our team, our city, our country, North America, as well as his family, his hometown, his country, All of Europe, the whole Eastern hemisphere, the World, the solar system AND the entire Universe... seriously. Jiri Hudler stinks worse than my doberman's pile of s*** after stealing the CHRISTmas Ham! :lol:

Merry Christmas everyone! (or whatever it is you celebrate) and here's to another Stanley Cup!

Although, trading BOTH would free up nearly $6M in cap space, don;t know what kind of scorer we could get in return, but ya never know come trade deadline what a first round draft pick a prospect AND $6m in cap space could bring us!

Edited by LeftWinger

Although, trading BOTH would free up nearly $6M in cap space, don;t know what kind of scorer we could get in return, but ya never know come trade deadline what a first round draft pick a prospect AND $6m in cap space could bring us!

But trading both would mean that Draper would play every game, which would probably give Mindfly a heart attack/brain aneurism.

...TRADE FIL AND HUDLER NOW!!

Out of curiousity, how good are hockey's futures assessments?

I don't spend much time there so I don't have a great feel for the quality of the site. I will say though that over on hfboards I've seen a handful of posters who apparently are hockeysfuture staff, and they're among the biggest idiots there.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Crymson

Out of curiousity, how good are hockey's futures assessments?

I don't spend much time there so I don't have a great feel for the quality of the site. I will say though that over on hfboards I've seen a handful of posters who apparently are hockeysfuture staff, and they're among the biggest idiots there.

I don't think they're very good. Even the ones that used to be on the TSN/THN websites were often inaccurate and outdated. However, they didn't attempt to make wide-reaching statements like these clowns do.

That said, no, it's still not time to even consider trading Filppula.

Happened to see that. Funny stuff.

The best part about that video is Draper wearing a "Zetterberg" hoodie, especially after Zetterberg just called him his nemesis for Festivus, lol.

EDIT: Oh, and don't trade Flip. He might not be honoring his 3 million dollar contract the way some of us would like, but he's still a very good 2-way center with offensive upside.

Edited by Jesusberg

Guest Heaten

Yes trade him so Wings can become an all offense, no defense team that choke in the playoffs just like the almighty Capitals. Brilliant idea!

Last time I checked this team is fine at scoring goals. Just need goaltending. Howard has been subpar and should be traded... I think he's grossly overrated. Osgood should just retire.

Problem solved.

Edited by Heaten

Just need goaltending. Howard has been subpar and should be traded... I think he's grossly overrated. Osgood should just retire.

Problem solved.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

2.67/9.11 is fine for a sophomore goalie in the NHL.

Let's also not forget that Howard has the second most wins in the NHL right now, one behind Price and Price has a hell of a lot more losses.

Guest Heaten

You have no idea what you're talking about.

2.67/9.11 is fine for a sophomore goalie in the NHL.

Let's also not forget that Howard has the second most wins in the NHL right now, one behind Price and Price has a hell of a lot more losses.

Team stats are always fun to use to make a case for the goalie. As is using last year's crazy run after Olympics is fun to when you can twist it to work in your favor. I'm not a stat checker, I watch the game. Howard is letting in too many soft goals lately for Wings to win. He's also a sieve in the playoffs.

....But lets make a thread about 2nd/3rd line center to blame our problems on. Love LGW after a loss! :unsure:

I still think he should be traded for the right piece, this team needs a legit second line center, hes just NEVER shown CONSISTENTLY that he can play on that level.

Team stats are always fun to use to make a case for the goalie. As is using last year's crazy run after Olympics is fun to when you can twist it to work in your favor. I'm not a stat checker, I watch the game. Howard is letting in too many soft goals lately for Wings to win. He's also a sieve in the playoffs.

....But lets make a thread about 2nd/3rd line center to blame our problems on. Love LGW after a loss! :unsure:

Looks like this thread was bumped because of Datsyuk's injury, not because of the loss (the thread was created in Feb of this year).

With Datsyuk down, it's not a stretch to say that it's a great time for Flip to elevate his game.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

You're obviously not a stat checker, or else you'd have a clue. Every goalie lets in soft goals. It's a fact. It's how often they keep your team in the game with the ability to win the game that matters, and Howard keeps the Wings in the game with some huge saves, as does Ozzie.

This thread was created in February, btw.

Sometimes the people on this board... :blink:

Edited by Theophany

Other than Datsyuk and Cleary, I haven't seen one Wings forward bring it consistently all year.

That's an indictment of everyone else's play.

Obviously, it starts at the top with Zetterberg, who seems to play great one night, and then not show up for the next few games offensively. He should have more than 12 goals on the season, especially with how many shots he takes.

Flip has been inconsistent his whole career here. He's a guy that can be a good 2nd line forward on some nights, and look useless on other nights. Trading him depends on what the return offer is.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I made this thread almost a year ago... Just saying.

Other than Datsyuk and Cleary, I haven't seen one Wings forward bring it consistently all year.

That's an indictment of everyone else's play.

Obviously, it starts at the top with Zetterberg, who seems to play great one night, and then not show up for the next few games offensively. He should have more than 12 goals on the season, especially with how many shots he takes.

Flip has been inconsistent his whole career here. He's a guy that can be a good 2nd line forward on some nights, and look useless on other nights. Trading him depends on what the return offer is.

Zetterberg is still on pace for 90+ points so I am not going to complain too much... its the secondary players that are getting on my nerves, Hudler (even if I am his 3rd biggest slappy on here), Filpulla (I can't believe the love he gets on here hes still on pace for 43 points... thats pretty good for a third liner, but poor for a second liner/second pp guy), and Franzen sometimes though he could score 40 goals... if those 3 can step it up at all Pav's injury will be less of an issue.

Zetterberg is still on pace for 90+ points so I am not going to complain too much... its the secondary players that are getting on my nerves, Hudler (even if I am his 3rd biggest slappy on here), Filpulla (I can't believe the love he gets on here hes still on pace for 43 points... thats pretty good for a third liner, but poor for a second liner/second pp guy), and Franzen sometimes though he could score 40 goals... if those 3 can step it up at all Pav's injury will be less of an issue.

Hank is on pace for tons of assists, but that will go down with Pavel out.

However, for a guy that shoots so often, his aim is just not very good this year. I don't think he's even on pace for 30 goals. No one would have thought that years ago.

Guest Heaten

I made this thread almost a year ago... Just saying.

I wonder how it found its way to the first page after a loss. hmmm..... :blink:

However, for a guy that shoots so often, his aim is just not very good this year. I don't think he's even on pace for 30 goals. No one would have thought that years ago.

thats for damn sure. Z needs to find the back of the net. one could say this about mule as well

Agreed.

Not more than 3, or 4 years ago it was somewhat challenging as to whom was the better player - Hank, or Dats...Today it's as clear as can be - Dats is by far the better of the 2, and like you referenced to Hank's offensive prowess isn't what it used to be.

As for Filppula - he's a decent 2nd line center who needs guys whom are capable of finishing what he's started...No matter what - he'll always be a 45 to 55 point guy (at least while he's a Red Wing)...With that said - he's a solid performer in the playoffs, and unless we get someone who'll add something significant to our roster - I'd prefer to keep Flip.

+1 for you. Filppula is one guy who always shows up in the playoffs. Those players don't grow on trees.

This thread doesn't surprise me, especially considering who started the thread.

Well technically, he is on pace for 28.94 goals/year which is close enough to 30. If he only picks up the pace a little he gets 30 which is about what was expected. 1 goal on Sunday puts him on pace for 30.

As far as Z vs Dats, Dats is better in the regular season, but Z is consistently our best player come playoffs.

Fil is interesting, as I could go either way. If the right deal was given, I would, but otherwise, I think he does well for what we ask of him.

Not sure if this would work, or is even realistic, but what if we could trade Fil and Huds to Chicago for Hossa?

Edited by Shady Ultima

Any realistic deal for Filppula will include a center. If he is included in a trade for Hossa, we have no one to center the second line. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are barely good enough to play together and be dominate like we need them to be, let alone separated.

Edited by Z and D for the C

+1 for you. Filppula is one guy who always shows up in the playoffs. Those players don't grow on trees.

This thread doesn't surprise me, especially considering who started the thread.

Shows up in the playoffs? He doesn't do poorly, but, I would say based on the sample size he doesn't take it up to the next level like Zetterberg and Franzen do, and like Fedorov did... Hes not horrid, but hes still not Mr Amazing you make him out to be. I mean honestly, why does it trouble you and Z and D for C so much that some people see him as a 3rd line center with good offensive upside?