7) Ciccarelli

8) Lidstrom

9) Osgood

10) Kocur

No Probert :blink:

No Kocur :blink:

:puke:

I was talking about my time.

I was like 10 when Probert left the Wings, so I can hardly remember him as a Wing, unless I watch old fight tapes of him. Also, Kocur was past his prime during his second stint with the Wings. I just chose players with the most longevity in my time.

Not my fault I'm not in my 30's like some other posters. :P

I was like 10 when Probert left the Wings, so I can hardly remember him as a Wing, unless I watch old fight tapes of him. Also, Kocur was past his prime during his second stint with the Wings. I just chose players with the most longevity in my time.

Its all relative. I was 4, 5 and 6 in the 92, 93 and 94 playoffs and it was in those years where I became a fiend of the Red Wings. I remember liking Dino and Probie because of their abrasive styles of play. Some of my first hockey memories were found in these three years.

Its all relative. I was 4, 5 and 6 in the 92, 93 and 94 playoffs and it was in those years where I became a fiend of the Red Wings. I remember liking Dino and Probie because of their abrasive styles of play. Some of my first hockey memories were found in these three years.

Not me.

Those were my Baywatch days. :D

Started liking the Wings sometime in the mid 90's when I started to watch sports in general.

Not me.

Those were my Baywatch days. :D

Started liking the Wings sometime in the mid 90's when I started to watch sports in general.

Haha. I went Wings and then girls. It might have been strange a 5 year old watching Baywatch...

Later this year I'll be hitting the big 4-0 :( .....Gotta say though hockey back in the 80's thru mid 90's was something else.

Needless to say I'm old enough to be your older brother.

I'm 21 but I've been told age is just a number :). I wish I was able to see hockey in the 80s especially since I was born in Edmonton with a father who worshiped and still does worship the Oilers. I was born in 1988, the same year that Stevie and Probie tore it up together and I wish I could have seen that. It's cool that you have grown with the team and watched them go from the bottom to the top.

Guys like Dino, and Probie were hard not to like...Just wish we had a few of them on our team today.

Exactly, we need some. Probie, Dino, Malts, Kocur and McCarty. All guys that have been almost every list in this thread because as you said, they are hard not to like.

Guest Shoreline

Same. Wouldn't make sense for me to put players down that I never even saw play live.

Same. Wouldn't make sense for me to put players down that I never even saw play live.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith Primeau would have made my list had I been a little older. I was just thinking about that because I always liked the way he played the game.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith Primeau would have made my list had I been a little older. I was just thinking about that because I always liked the way he played the game.

You would have hated Primeau when he was with the Wings -- absolutely infuriating. Think Lang, only more whiny.

He didn't start playing to his potential until with Phily.

My list:

1) Konstantinov

2) Yzerman

3) Lidstrom

4) Larionov

5) Kocur

6) Fischer

7) Datsyuk

8) Hasek

9) Hudler

10) Zetterberg

Edited by egroen

Darryl Bootland (Sue me - I always had a soft spot for Booter)

I was a Booter fan too. He was the most entertaining Griffin when he was there.

Funny story, I went to a Bulldogs-Griffins game in 2004-05 season, in Hamilton. During warm ups, I pointed out Bootland to a friend, who's a Leaf fan, and told him, "Watch Bootland, that guy always is always doing something". Within the first couple minutes of the game, Bootland got a double minor. While he was skating to the penalty box my friend said, "Your right, that didn't take long".

You would have hated Primeau when he was with the Wings -- absolutely infuriating. Think Lang, only more whiny.

Agreed, I yelled "Yes!" when I first heard Primeau, and Coffey, was traded for Shanahan. :yowza:

I still lol when I think about Primeau getting into a fight with Probert at a practice one time.

This obviously excludes legends that I never had any chance to see play due to age constraints:

1) Yzerman, the reason I started to follow hockey in the first place, a truly great hockey player and more importantly a great human being.

2) McCarty, guy played with so much passion and grit, how can you not like him, he bled and drew blood for his team like no other.

3) Lidstrom, excellence personified, I can count on one hand the number of times I saw him make a bad or questionsble play.

4) Shanahan, I was so pumped when we traded Primeau's sorry hide for him, and he did not disappoint one bit.

5) Datsyuk, an absolute magician, if they ever thought of renaimg trophies they should rename the Selke after him.

6) Konstantinov, what a force he was, tragically cut short in his prime, is symbolic of the values of the Ilitch family and the Red Wings organization.

7) Zetterberg, arguably the hardest working player of his generation, nobody thought he could be this good (except maybe Hakan Andersson)

8) Filppula, probably will get flamed for this, but he is my favorite current Red Wing for reasons I will gladly explain but should not have to justify, can't leave him off my list

9) Kozlov, tough little guy, clutch in the playoffs, and my favorite image from the Avs rivalry after the Turtle is Kozzie sidestepping Foote and slamming his ugly mug into the glass

10) Osgood, one of the most underrated goalies IMO, all he has done is win 3 Stanley Cups, 2 as a starter, 389 wins, 74 playoff wins, and all he gets is criticism and second-guessing.

Honorable mentions to: Larionov, Lapointe, Doug Brown

Edited by McAwesome

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

He didn't start playing to his potential until one of his last playoff run's with Phily.

My list:

1) Konstantinov

2) Yzerman

3) Lidstrom

4) Larionov

5) Kocur

6) Fischer

7) Datsyuk

8) Hasek

9) Hudler

10) Zetterberg

Fixed it for you =). On another note, I it makes my stomach hurt knowing that we passed up on Jagr for him, although without Keith we would have never gotten Shanny. Still that and the Adam Oates trade really grind my gears. Think about all the cup teams only replacing Shanny with Jagr, Oates, and retaining Coffey...

1. Yzerman

2. Shanahan

3. Zetterberg

4. Lidstrom

5. Datsyuk

6. McCarty

7. Fedorov

8. Kronwall

9. Konstantinov

10. Helm

For a good number of years, #91 was at the top slot but gradually worked his way down. Can't deny those years watching him as a kid and loving it.

1. Steve Yzerman (My son's middle name is Yzerman)

2. Henrik Zetterberg (Next great Wings captain)

3. Nicklas Lidstrom (the ultimate good guy)

4. Chris Osgood

5. Sergei Fedorov (When he wanted to win, he was unstoppable)

6. Brendan Shanahan

7. Curtis Joseph (Never got a fair chance in Detroit)

8. Paul Coffey (Took his defensive game to a new level with the Wings)

9. Luc Robitalle

10. Marian Hossa (Yeah I know, but if the Wings win Game 7, I would have gotten a Hossa jersey with the Stanley Cup patch to wear around Pittsburgh)

Agreed.

Primeau wanted to play center, but not the 3rd line (mind you we had Stevie, and Sergei)...Then he didn't like the idea of playing wing on the 2nd line...Off to Hartford he went :lol:

Both of these. Primeau is/was a s***head. Also, my aforementioned love for Paul Coffey as a youngster made me hate Primeau that much more. In my eyes, it was always Primeau's fault that Coffey went with him.

We did get Shanny out of the deal, though, so we can thank Primeau for that.

Edited by Travis