• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_fan

Hudler done with dynamo

Rate this topic

that looks good, but homer wants to keep playing. and the way he's played this year, no one is gonna deny him coming back for another year, at which point he would probably consider retirement.

bertuzzi has been ok, kinda hot and cold. he wants to finish his career in detroit, but there;s alot of good guys in the organization that are gonna get their shot sooner than later...ritola, abdelkader, maybe jeremy williams...bertuzzi may be the odd man out.

There is no way williams plays for this team. If it comes down to Williams or Bert, Bert is playing for us 10 times outta 10.

Man, the guys who don't want Hudler back are right. If there's one thing the Wings don't need this year it's a guy who can put 60+ points up and make the 2nd PP more dangerous.

Let's bring Williams back then! :lol:

We don't need no stinkin' KHL points! Them's like Canadian dollars...oh, wait...

I stopped reading after the bolded part. I think it's hilarious that you assume because your ecstatic about Hudler's POTENTIAL return that everyone else will be. I'm not at all happy about the Red Wings being forced to take back a player who sucked this year (and wasn't amazing before) regardless of who it is.

Not like this post isn't something you haven't posted 5 times before whining about wanting Hudler back.

What a post :clap: i don't want this little ******* back in Detroit.He whines about his playing time but when Babcock put him on the 1st and 2nd lines he couldn't hack it.I have no clue why so many people are so excited about him possibly coming back.I'd rather see Kenny go out and pick up someone with a little more snarl,like what about Ryan Malone?He may be pricey but he's what we need in my opinion.I'd take Dean McAmmond orColby Armstrong over Hudler anyday as well.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If Hudler was given Crosby's body, Hudler would be twice the player Crosby is.

Yes, because comparing Hudler's natural skillset to be almost the same as Kovalchuk is exactly the same thing as you said.

Onto the topic of hand, anyone who thinks that the Wing's will find a better bargain than Hudler's Contract on the free agent market for a good secondary scoring threat is kidding themselves. It's hilarious that people who would not take Hudler back are some of the same who were ******* suggesting Frolov, for more money at that. Hudler had the same number of points as Frolov did in his last year, playing 4 less minutes a game and having far worse regular linemates (Kopitar and Brown are a bit better than Filppula, Sorry), as well as being more defensivily responsible.

Seeing as many people here consider Frolov at 3.5 million to be an "Ideal" pickup, I really don't see where the hate for Hudler comes from, this guy very well may put up 70+ points next year, if his scoring growth is going to the industry norm, and proved himself by being on of the top producers of points per overall TOI last season. Do you really think replacing Williams + Maltby for Hudler would be a downgrade in the slightest?

EDIT: Just read the Malone suggestion, LMFAO dude are you freaking kidding me? You realise this guys cap hit is over 4.5 million right, signed for 5 more years, and is already 30 right?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

What a post :clap: i don't want this little ******* back in Detroit.He whines about his playing time but when Babcock put him on the 1st and 2nd lines he couldn't hack it.I have no clue why so many people are so excited about him possibly coming back.I'd rather see Kenny go out and pick up someone with a little more snarl,like what about Ryan Malone?He may be pricey but he's what we need in my opinion.I'd take Dean McAmmond orColby Armstrong over Hudler anyday as well.

Once again... points win games and Hudler can score. Period.

With that said, the only way I'd move him would be for Clarkson in NJ, he's shown tons of potential to really develop into a power forward capable of 50 pts a season and can also add that "snarl" at most likely a reasonable cap hit... furthermore, from all reports, he's a great locker room guy and would be an amazing fit on the 3rd line, possibly even developing into more... also, with Hudlers value, we might even be able to get a pick along with Clarkson...

Let me get this straight: we disparaged his attitude and commitment when he left the Wings to go to the KHL, and now we're begging to have him back when he throws a hissy-fit and wants to leave the team that is paying him $5m/year tax-free?

I'd argue that since the wings didn't try to fight it, and that the NHL were the only ones causing fuss over it, that the wings and hudler planned it, he gets some top line minutes and improves, wings get a sweet deal at a possibly improved foward at a cheaper price

Yes, because comparing Hudler's natural skillset to be almost the same as Kovalchuk is exactly the same thing as you said.

Onto the topic of hand, anyone who thinks that the Wing's will find a better bargain than Hudler's Contract on the free agent market for a good secondary scoring threat is kidding themselves. It's hilarious that people who would not take Hudler back are some of the same who were ******* suggesting Frolov, for more money at that. Hudler had the same number of points as Frolov did in his last year, playing 4 less minutes a game and having far worse regular linemates (Kopitar and Brown are a bit better than Filppula, Sorry), as well as being more defensivily responsible.

Seeing as many people here consider Frolov at 3.5 million to be an "Ideal" pickup, I really don't see where the hate for Hudler comes from, this guy very well may put up 70+ points next year, if his scoring growth is going to the industry norm, and proved himself by being on of the top producers of points per overall TOI last season. Do you really think replacing Williams + Maltby for Hudler would be a downgrade in the slightest?

EDIT: Just read the Malone suggestion, LMFAO dude are you freaking kidding me? You realise this guys cap hit is over 4.5 million right, signed for 5 more years, and is already 30 right?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same.

And maybe Kopitar is better than Filppula ;)

And whether or not you want to admit it, Hudler has been given the chance to play in the top six yet has never given reason to make Babcock stay there. Frolov is a proven top 6er, Hudler isn't. In fact with the evidence we have, it's logical to say that Frolov would do better on the second line than Hudler. But I do concede that I'd rather have Hudler than Frolov (unless Frolov would sign for like, 2m or something)

And AGAIN, I'm not saying Hudler wouldn't be good. I'm just saying, if we can afford it (which it doesn't look like we can), I'd rather have a 4-5m bonafide top 6er over Hudler. That's it.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Bert said that he wanted to stay here and that money wasnt an issue.... but i would rather have Homer who will also take a paycut

yes, so did Hossa, but typical Holland will give Lidstrom all the time he wants to decide and then lose out on all the good UFA's including our own and then give Lidstrom $7MM and waste what little cap space we'll have after that on Jason Williams, Haken Puken and Finneas Ferb.

BTW, :puke: on Hudler coming back, use that $3MM somewhere else... I'd rather have Tkachuk here for a little veteran motivation to "win it for him..."

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah, it's pretty much the same.

And maybe Kopitar is better than Filppula ;)

And whether or not you want to admit it, Hudler has been given the chance to play in the top six yet has never given reason to make Babcock stay there. Frolov is a proven top 6er, Hudler isn't. In fact with the evidence we have, it's logical to say that Frolov would do better on the second line than Hudler. But I do concede that I'd rather have Hudler than Frolov (unless Frolov would sign for like, 2m or something)

And AGAIN, I'm not saying Hudler wouldn't be good. I'm just saying, if we can afford it (which it doesn't look like we can), I'd rather have a 4-5m bonafide top 6er over Hudler. That's it.

Bolded: So producing less with better linemates and more icetime leads you to this? You do realise a goal scored on the 3rd line is worth the same as one scored on the 2nd right?

With that being said, I was not personally referencing you when I called out the Frolov slappies, and would agree that a legit top-6er like Marleau for example would be desirable, though I'm not so sure if I like putting that much cap space into such a small base amount of players.

Even with that taken into consideration, you will not find many bargains than Hudler's production at his price.

agreed.

my projected roster for next year:

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.800m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.600m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($3.450m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Andreas Lilja ($1.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $53.663m; CAP ROOM: $3.137m BONUSES: $0.000m

I guess I just dont understand why people are so relectuant to break up Drapes/Helm/Eaves in spite of our third line??? Helm and Eaves can be third line guys next season, pair them with cleary and move Miller and Abdelkader back to the forth line with Draper and im happy.

yes, so did Hossa, but typical Holland will give Lidstrom all the time he wants to decide and then lose out on all the good UFA's including our own and then give Lidstrom $7MM and waste what little cap space we'll have after that on Jason Williams, Haken Puken and Finneas Ferb.

BTW, :puke: on Hudler coming back, use that $3MM somewhere else... I'd rather have Tkachuk here for a little veteran motivation to "win it for him..."

Yeah, because winning it for Hossa worked so well last time.. :P

Man, the guys who don't want Hudler back are right. If there's one thing the Wings don't need this year it's a guy who can put 60+ points up and make the 2nd PP more dangerous.

Let's bring Williams back then! :lol:

Well said.

Bolded: So producing less with better linemates and more icetime leads you to this? You do realise a goal scored on the 3rd line is worth the same as one scored on the 2nd right?

With that being said, I was not personally referencing you when I called out the Frolov slappies, and would agree that a legit top-6er like Marleau for example would be desirable, though I'm not so sure if I like putting that much cap space into such a small base amount of players.

Even with that taken into consideration, you will not find many bargains than Hudler's production at his price.

I was never a huge Hudler fan, but c'mon. Watch some of the '08 and '09 playoff games, and he was another guy figuring into some of those results the same way that Sammy, Cleary, and others would occasionally get on the scoreboard. Heck, we made it all the way to Game 7 of the Cup Finals using basically nothing but secondary scoring. Datsyuk and Hossa were rendered far less effective due to injury. If we could reintroduce a guy on a value contract who is easily a 60+ point player, I'm all for it. Or, if Babcock can't stand him, trade him.

Guest Crymson

Where'd you hear he was on the trading block? Is his price cheaper than zero assets and a 2 year 2.875 million dollar contract?

Carman trolls deliberately in order to get this sort of reaction from people. Ignore him.

I would love to have Hudler back next season.

Also I think that Lidstrom would take a paycut, but people expect him to take a cut to 3.5 million...

Its a home town discount...not a home town clearence sale...I'd expect closer to a 5 million dollar salary