• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

If I am Red Wings management and we go down 3-0, I say goon it up in game 4. If we can't beat them, beat them! Put in Tollefson and May, and tell Cleary, Ericcson, Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, Helm, Stuart, Kronwall, hell even Osgood to go out and punish them. Beat the holy hell out of San Jose.

yeah since that's what the franchise is going for

The refs in this game should be embarrassed. 10 penalties to 3. Someone see something wrong with this picture?

Bert's calls were bulls*** but we gave the refs way too many chances to make questionable calls. We lost this game any way you shake it. It wasn't the refs, even if they were s***ty. The Wings played way too sloppy when they KNOW the refs are calling just about everything.

WOW a voice of reason. Thank you!

I guess when you've been a fan of a choke-job team for long enough, you start to just hope for anything, ANYTHING that will advance your cause. Congrats.

One guy agreeing with you gets you excited? There are two more who wear stripey shirts and orange armbands. Maybe you can petition to get their names engraved on the Clarence Campbell Bowl (assuming that this bulls*** continues).

If I am Red Wings management and we go down 3-0, I say goon it up in game 4. If we can't beat them, beat them! Put in Tollefson and May, and tell Cleary, Ericcson, Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, Helm, Stuart, Kronwall, hell even Osgood to go out and punish them. Beat the holy hell out of San Jose.

If you are a Flyers fan you can just say so.

What the hell are you talking about? You've got three posts? Get the hell out of here troll.

Lol! That cracked me up.

This really could have been the worst called game I have ever seen in all my years of watching hockey. The Phantom calls, the missed calls and even the joke make up call against SJ. The Sharks are a great hockey team and its going to be tough to beat them, let alone having to beat the Refs too.

Anyway, Aside from how TERRIBLE the refs have been. We really need to learn how to win a f***en face off. Its pathetic.

1) The call on Heatley at the end of the game was the only bogus call against SJ.

2) It isn't hard to outplay a team when you are on the PP for almost a quarter of the game. Also, any momentum that Detroit generated was taken away due to penalties.

3) The GWG was LUCK. If Lidstrom's stick did not explode we would be watching OT at this very moment but that's apart of the game.

Hahaha are you kidding me? You're going to defend the boarding call?

The refs obviously had a HUGE influence on this game but to say they only hosed the Wings is just blatant homerism. This game is probably one of the best examples of the NHL's refereeing incompetence.

I was going to start a thread on this guys, but it's not that important. :rolleyes:

Enjoyed being on the board here for several years, and following hockey pretty closely during that time. But, tonight's game was just the last nail in the coffin for me. I've been trying to downplay the screwy non-sensical reffing for a long time, saying it's just the way the game goes and stuff happens, they try and make it fair, etc.,.

But, after last year's finals (obstruction, anyone?) and the way tonight's game went, I can't really get too excited about the NHL anymore with so much crazy, maddening reffing inconsistency that goes on, far worse than any other sport I've ever watched. Not saying anyone is to blame or it's some kind of conspiracy, not at all, I guess it's just part of this sport and it's just finally turned me totally off now.

I'm going to go spend my time (and entertainment dollars) to find something I can enjoy watching that's more consistent and won't raise my blood pressure to new levels in frustration. Probably motorcycle racing, I'm thinking.

I know this post won't really register on anyone's radar here, since I don't post much, but all the best in your following of the Wings, hope they go the distance this year! Ya won't be seeing any more posts from me.

Peace out, Quadnational.... :thumbup:

Ha ha, just read some posts and see I'm joining Leftwinger out the door as well. Lead the way, mate.

Edited by Quadnational

How can you make this statement? I mean, seriously? The Wings scored on 2 of 3 powerplays and killed off eight of 10 power plays. They led 3-2 after 20 minutes, created some good chances, rolled over every line pretty effectively and were in position to win TWICE at the No. 1 seed despite getting ass-reamed by Bettman's cronies.

Detroit is the better team. If the refs ever let them show that, they'll win this series.

Let us not also forget that Detroit went into the 3rd period with a lead despite a penalty ratio of 14-6 in terms of PIM. That being said if the calls are going to be that crappy all night you have to bring your A game. We all can see how completely useless the officiating crew was but that still doesn't mean the guys can take the day off.

Quoted for Truth

In the 3rd period, I saw only 2 bulls*** calls. One was on Bert for the trip (or hold), and the other was on Heatley for the goalie interference call which was a joke.

game would have been completely different if they didnt have the 5 on 3 cause of the bullllls*** call on bertuzzi.

wings had the momentum refs ripped it right out from under their feet with that horrible call.

Watching this San Jose-fan on youtube, who sais that Sharks and Thorton did such a greeaat job... They had 20 minutes of powerplay and thorton scored on a freaking rebound, for gods sake.

Ok, I think there were some penalties we could've avoided there, but HOLE-EE MOTHER OF I DON'T KNOW WHAT!!! I thought the LAST game had some bad calls - boy, did we ever tune in for the sequel! Somebody get me a tinfoil hat, pronto: I believe.

Quoted for Truth

In the 3rd period, I saw only 2 bulls*** calls. One was on Bert for the trip (or hold), and the other was on Heatley for the goalie interference call which was a joke.

You have a 4-3 lead, and you tank it in the 3rd? Blame the refs! Thats a great excuse.

If anything the LGW forum is already spinning this to be a referee excuse if the Sharks win the series. Just like when the Wings lost the final two games last playoffs to the Pens by identical scores of 2-1. Ignore the fact that the Wings only scored one goal per game. Ignore the fact that the pens played more desperate. Its the refs fault. What a bullcrap excuse.

Here is an idea Red Wings.....play your game. So far, two games down, and I haven't seen the level of intensity that they brought to game 7 in Phoenix. Where is that game? Did they forget to play it? Oh, thats right, its the refs fault they aren't bringing that level of a game?

Really? Just 2? So, when Filppula was standing near a falling Dan Boyle....that wasn't a phantom penalty?

When Dan Cleary hits the blade of a stick and it breaks, that's not a phantom penalty? (And yes, I know it's basically automatic when a slash hits the shaft and break it, but Jesus....guys better be careful not to go stick on blade if that's the case).

Bertuzzi call=horses***.

3 calls that changed the face of that game.

think about it.... 10-3 pp, and a one goal win for the sharks.... i think that 7 extra pps got them at least the extra goal. like come on, its called game management, the ref was horrible today. im sorry, but its kinda terrible that the refs are so poor in this sport overall. i mean its not this bad in football or nba or even soccer because they dont change the ref format every other day. the refs need to be evaluated on a yearly basis and removed if they perform at a sub-par level. bettman needs to stop protecting them. if there is nothing to hide then there shouldnt be such a big deal with evaluating refs. also, forget about the war room s***, or review penalties too. they cant just review goals because penalties lead to goals and have a huge impact on the game even if it doesnt immediately change the scoreboard. for instance the lids and franzen high sticks were dumb and could have easily been fixed by a review. however, the review system still fails when brad may scored in dallas.... man, wtf? i feel like the nhl is buttf***ing me for loving the wings.

The Wings didn't play great yes but any fool who thinks the Refs didn't drastically alter the outcome of the game either A. didn't watch it... B. doesn't know the game... The calls on Bert 2nite where absolutly atrocious... And to the Shark fan who thinks I'm wrong f*** off and get a rule book 3PP to your 10 PP for your boys, how the f*** was the officiating bad on both sides jerk off? This game was a total circus what a ******* joke

I'm a referee so I know how hard it is, and have never blamed the refs solely for a loss, but this sharks win was solely because of bad calls, especially the bertuzzi calls, the second one led to a 5 on 3 which ruined us. This really turns me off the NHL. The officiating is getting worse, probably because players are diving more and more, and its hard for the refs to decipher a dive from a non dive. Just an embarassment to the nhl this game.

Let us not also forget that Detroit went into the 3rd period with a lead despite a penalty ratio of 14-6 in terms of PIM. That being said if the calls are going to be that crappy all night you have to bring your A game. We all can see how completely useless the officiating crew was but that still doesn't mean the guys can take the day off.

Right ... my point is that anyone who watched the first two games and thinks SJ is vastly superior to Detroit is not seeing anything but the current series lead SJ has. If anything, the fact that SJ has only won by a goal twice makes me think Detroit is a better team.

Hahaha are you kidding me? You're going to defend the boarding call?

The refs obviously had a HUGE influence on this game but to say they only hosed the Wings is just blatant homerism. This game is probably one of the best examples of the NHL's refereeing incompetence.

TOTAL PP TIME - WINGS 4:38, SHARKS 12:54