• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#141 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

So ... Leighton's fault? If the Wings had lost like that, with that 2nd goal being the game winner, Howard would've gotten skewered, right?

#142 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

I don't know what's worse. The Hawks winning the Stanley Cup or the fact that some Wings fans (traitors) are cheering for it?

I wonder how many Red Sox fans cheered for the Yankees last year in the World Series?

Oh and Philly shouldn't have waited till the 3rd period to start trying.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#143 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

worst song in the NHL

i can't believe its a real song that did well on the charts. its so annoying

#144 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

Niemi stole that one

When Flyers are on their game they are really creating chances out there, they gotta play like they did in the 3rd and the start of the 2nd.

Come on Flyers get the next one and its a series.

#145 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

This has got to be the most obnoxious Finals I've watched not involving the Wings in a long time.

I'm annoyed at anything that happens and irritated at all possible outcomes.

The games were good though.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#146 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

This has got to be the most obnoxious Finals I've watched not involving the Wings in a long time.

I know. I can't root for anyone. Hossa and Kane plus Chicago on the one vs the worst fans in the world, Pronger and Leino. Is there no justice?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#147 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

I know.

I hate about 15 players on these two teams. However, it's hard to hate the Flyers as much as the Hawks and their annoying fans. I haven't had to deal with Flyers fans, them being in a different conference.

Their fans are bandwagoner retards who don't deserve a Cup. At least Flyers fans have been loyal to their team for a long time, even when they finished last a few years back.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 31 May 2010 - 10:09 PM.

#148 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

I don't know what's worse. The Hawks winning the Stanley Cup or the fact that some Wings fans (traitors) are cheering for it?

I wonder how many Red Sox fans cheered for the Yankees last year in the World Series?

Oh and Philly shouldn't have waited till the 3rd period to start trying.

You'd better not be calling me a traitor.

Whereas I am not actively rooting for the Hawks, I firmly believe that going into the series it would be Hawks in 5-6 games. They're just so much better.

Personally, it isn't so much that I "want" the Hawks to win, rather that I think the Western Conference is far superior to the East and I want the West representative to prove it again.

And frankly, I have more reason to hate Philadelphia and NOT want them to win just for the fact that they have Pronger and Hartnell.

Look at the Chicago lineup. There isn't a single player on that roster that is so despicable, that so makes Wings fans froth at the mouth and want to get a rope than Hartnell. And Hartnell is even LESS DESPICABLE than Pronger!!!!!!

I see it as rooting for a Hawks team that embodies what I love about hockey. Skill, combined with size, toughness, hard work, physicality and being able to not only beat your opponent with dazzle, put to take one in chops and be man enough to pop the sum'***** who hit you right back. I like the way they are built.

And since it can't be said enough. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER root for a team with Hartnell AND Pronger on it. Not to mention Carcillo.
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#149 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I know.

I hate about 15 players on these two teams. However, it's hard to hate the Flyers as much as the Hawks and their annoying fans. I haven't had to deal with Flyers fans, them being in a different conference.

Their fans are bandwagoner retards who don't deserve a Cup. At least Flyers fans have been loyal to their team for a long time, even when they finished last a few years back.

Exactly how familiar are you with Chicago? In high school, two brothers I played with were from Chicago. My father-in-law's best friend commutes for work from Chicago to Ohio every other week. I've visited the United Center a number of times and spoken to friends who lived or currently live in Chicago. They all say the same thing. Bad ownership sticking it to the fans really caused a lot of bad blood. It wasn't just that the Hawks stunk. It was that they stunk an the owner was like F--- YOU! on top of it. Heck, he blacked out their games for crying out loud. And look what happened as soon as the old man was out and the son took over. Completely different story.

Band wagon fans are everywhere, even in Detroit. Personally, it's been my experience that you can't ever really bash the fan base of an Original 6 team. There's far too much history and too many people who actually do follow the team. I don't buy for one second the argument that selling out games is the only true measure of whether a team has a solid following or not.

Every team has its down times. Dead Wings ring a bell? Illitch trying to give away cars to get people into the building ring a bell? It's arrogant and hypocritical to bash Chicago for basically going through a cycle like we did, like all teams do. And you're just doing it out of convenience really. You're better than that.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted, 31 May 2010 - 10:19 PM.

Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#150 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

You guys do realize that Hawks fans despise the Wings more than any other team. I doubt they've rooted for us in any of our SCF matchups. Why should we root for them? What the hell kind of fans root for their rivals, who hate them in return and say "Red Wings Suck" at every game, even when we're not playing?

And who cares about Pronger already? You hate him more than our biggest rivals in the Conference?

And I say there's plenty of despicable Hawks players. Kane, Bufflin, Kopecky, Hossa, Campbell, Eager. I hate these rejects just as much as the Flyers cast of a-holes.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 31 May 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#151 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

So because I want my dad to be happy and experience something that I've experienced 4 times in the last 13 years, I'm a traitor? Kiss my rosy red ass.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#152 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

So because I want my dad to be happy and experience something that I've experienced 4 times in the last 13 years, I'm a traitor? Kiss my rosy red ass.

:unsure:

Why is your ass rosy?

Oh and your dad should wash your mouth out with soap for that language.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 31 May 2010 - 10:28 PM.

#153 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

Players i like from the Flyers:

Gagne
Carter
Richards
Giroux
JVR
Timonen
Leighton (former Spitfire)
Briere

and then besides Carcillo and Pronger there are no players i really dislike

Players i like from the Hawks:

Toews
Keith
Seabrook

besides those 3 i do not care for another single Hawks player on the roster

#154 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

:unsure:

Why is your ass rosy?

Oh and your dad should wash your mouth out with soap for that language.

Answer my question. I'm getting tired of the likes you thinking you can determine who is a fan and who is not, and who is what kind of fan and who is this kind of fan.........I'm getting sick tof****** death of it. And my dad has worse language than me sometimes, so if you think he'd give a damn, you're nuts.

Seriously. Up. To. Here.

Edited by Electrophile, 31 May 2010 - 10:32 PM.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#155 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

yes

#156 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

So ... Leighton's fault? If the Wings had lost like that, with that 2nd goal being the game winner, Howard would've gotten skewered, right?

Either that or Ozzie would get it because he didn't learn the kid right.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#157 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Answer my question. I'm getting tired of the likes you thinking you can determine who is a fan and who is not, and who is what kind of fan and who is this kind of fan.........I'm getting sick tof****** death of it.

Yes, everyone who roots for the Hawks for any reason aside from life and death is being a bit of a traitor.

I wish I could say otherwise to appease you, but I have to be honest first and foremost as to my feelings.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 31 May 2010 - 10:33 PM.

#158 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Niemi stole that one

When Flyers are on their game they are really creating chances out there, they gotta play like they did in the 3rd and the start of the 2nd.

Come on Flyers get the next one and its a series.

You got that one right - they will bounce back. They can beat the Hawks they just need a couple of bounces to go their way. And again Leino was awesome, showing some good moves and also showing he can take a hard hit.

#159 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

Mary Ann Hossa.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#160 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

Yes, everyone who roots for the Hawks for any reason aside from life and death is being a bit of a traitor.

I guess I should be quite fortunate then that your definitions and opinions on who is and who is not a fan mean jack squat. There's a very short list of things my dad wants to see/do before he dies, which by the way, nearly happened last year.....and seeing the Hawks win the Cup is one of them. It's one thing when the Wings are playing the Hawks, it's another when we're not. This is important to him, so it's important to me. If you can't grasp that, that's your failing in life, not mine. My dad rooted for the Wings in 1997, since Game 4 was on my birthday and he wanted that for me as a birthday present. I'm returning the favor. If you don't like that......I don't really care.