48 replies to this topic

#1 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

Babs is on Jim Rome is Burning

He said Howie tomorrow and Ozzie on Sunday at home vs. the Stars.

Excellent!

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 16 December 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Go Ozzie!!!!

97 kajillion posts for an Ozzie Victory!!!

(Just kidding on that^^^)

#3 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Didn't go too well last time against the sharks with osgood in the net whereas he won against chicago earlier in the season, i would have prefered osgood for chicago and howard for dallas...

#4 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

hope he brings his A game. Wings dont seem to do good vs the stars

#5 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

come on ozzie.

#6 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

Red Wings talk coach into letting Chris Osgood go for No. 400 at home

By STEVE SCHRADER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock doesn't seem all that sentimental when it comes to milestones -- winning games is the main thing -- but he is changing Chris Osgood's next start to Sunday against Dallas to give him a chance at getting his 400th victory at Joe Louis Arena.

Not that it was his idea, he said this afternoon on ESPN's “Jim Rome Is Burning.”

“I was going to go with him in Chicago (on Friday), but the players came to me, and they want him to get his first shot at it at home,” Babcock said. “So I'm going to go with Jimmy Howard tomorrow, and I'm going to go with Osgood on Sunday at home in front of the fans, in front of his family.

“We better play well and look after that. I think it's real important that we get that looked after so we can get on with just the business of winning.”

Babcock, who said he actually thought the milestone might have been easier on the road, admitted he might not have listened to the players when he was a younger coach, but he has mellowed since coming to Detroit.

“I also think it's important to treat people right,” Babcock said. “And I've learned over the years -- especially with this group, we've got a mature group -- when your captain talks to you, I think you should listen.”

Read more: Red Wings talk coach into letting Chris Osgood go for No. 400 at home | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com...e#ixzz18KsWR7yC

Edited by gcom007, 16 December 2010 - 10:24 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#7 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock doesn't seem all that sentimental when it comes to milestones -- winning games is the main thing -- but he is changing Chris Osgood's next start to Sunday against Dallas to give him a chance at getting his 400th victory at Joe Louis Arena.

Not that it was his idea, he said this afternoon on ESPN's “Jim Rome Is Burning.”

“I was going to go with him in Chicago (on Friday), but the players came to me, and they want him to get his first shot at it at home,” Babcock said. “So I'm going to go with Jimmy Howard tomorrow, and I'm going to go with Osgood on Sunday at home in front of the fans, in front of his family.

“We better play well and look after that. I think it's real important that we get that looked after so we can get on with just the business of winning.”

Babcock, who said he actually thought the milestone might have been easier on the road, admitted he might not have listened to the players when he was a younger coach, but he has mellowed since coming to Detroit.

“I also think it's important to treat people right,” Babcock said. “And I've learned over the years -- especially with this group, we've got a mature group -- when your captain talks to you, I think you should listen.”

Read more: Red Wings talk coach into letting Chris Osgood go for No. 400 at home | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com...e#ixzz18KsivEjN

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

Babs is cool, to set it up so Ozzie can get #400 at home in the Joe. :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#9 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

I'm actually pretty encouraged by that report (not that I was discouraged before reading it, mind you). It seems like he's laid a bit of a challenge down to the guys when he said that they better "play well and look after that".

I hope the boys get the message.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#10 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:44 AM

Say what you like about his goaltending, but there is no question that Ozzie is one of the most popular wings in the locker room.

Now, like Babs says, they better play well and get it done :siren:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#11 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

Yeah if they don't get it done then I'm wondering how long it'll take before Babs listens to the players again.

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

Yeah if they don't get it done then I'm wondering how long it'll take before Babs listens to the players again.

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that as well.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

The best locker room in the NHL. Go Ozzie!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#14 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

Classy move all around. From Lidstrom to Babs. Everyone will be pumped to do this for Ozzie.

#15 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

Didn't go too well last time against the sharks with osgood in the net whereas he won against chicago earlier in the season, i would have prefered osgood for chicago and howard for dallas...

his last game against the sharks was a 2-1 win

#16 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

Well I hope Ozzie takes full advantage of the opportunity.

#17 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

I'm actually more surprised that Babs was initially going to have Ozzie play against Chicago.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#18 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

I'm actually more surprised that Babs was initially going to have Ozzie play against Chicago.

Maybe he wanted Ozzy to get #400 against the Blackhawks on their home ice to poop in their Cheerios. :)

Or maybe he was gonna play Ozzy tonight because he knew it was gonna be an easy win and he just wanted to get it over with... :ph34r:

Edited by Broken 16, 17 December 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#19 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

I just got tickets for the game because I want to be there for his win, so they better make it happen.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#20 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

Or maybe he was gonna play Ozzy tonight because he knew it was gonna be an easy win and he just wanted to get it over with... :ph34r:

Snap.

Although if you just jinxed tonight's game then we should make you run damage control for all the Hawks trolls that will come on this board as a result.