• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

What Teams Scare Us Right Now?

Rate this topic

So with the first round almost complete who are the Wings most afraid of in each conference? I say the most dangerous teams in the West are:

San Jose - too much offense and will be tough to stop

Vancouver - if they beat the Hawks and win second round series they will be tough in the Conference finals as too much speed.

Nashville - very tough to score on and Pekka Rinne may steal series and they have had Wings number this year.

Chicago - still defending Cup Champs and can be a handfule e.g. ask Vancouver.

Los Angeles - shouldn't be too much of a problem but then again they are young and can give teams fits.

East:

Pittsburgh - if they meet in the Finals its the same political BS as 09 where Garry Buttman wants Cindy Crybaby to win a Cup!

Washington - Always dangerous with Ovie and they appear to have a reliable goaltender.

Boston - their lack of scoring depth will hinder them but have a goaltender who can steal a series.

Tampa Bay - they can score but they lack experience & defense and thus a year or 2 away.

Philly - too injured and goaltending too poor to beat the Wings.

Buffalo - scrappy team but not enough depth and Ryan Miller is only hope to take down Wings.

Every single team remaining scares me, they didn't get into the playoffs by luck. BUT, i am glad that Anahiem is gone, their scoring ablity was amazing.

But guess what, our team is the DETROIT REDWINGS! other teams fear us, just because!

Edited by DatZetterfanfromSC

Every single team remaining scares me, they didn't get into the playoffs by luck. BUT, i am glad that Anahiem is gone, their scoring ablity was amazing.

But guess what, our team is the DETROIT REDWINGS! other teams fear us, just because!

Yes Our team is the Detroit Red Wings and we have a bulls eye on our backs b/c all the other teams hate our guys e.g the Wings are the hunted even though they are not the defending champs we are still hated by all the other teams and they all want to take our guys down.

Also very happy the Ducks are gone as I hate them. Hoping for a Hawks win and somehow maybe the Kings get past the Sharks as don't want San Jose in the second round as that matchup is not for me as the only glimmer of hope is if Antie Neimme falls apart and then the backup guy does the same.

No team really scares me, though I think it's going to be a tough road to the cup regardless of who we end up playing. This is why I love hockey compared to basketball, every team can actually play and even the 1 vs 8 matchups are competitive.

ya, now that luongo is on one of his infamous "suck ass" streaks, I am no longer afraid of the nucks. They were really the only team I was scared of at first,but not anymore.

Rinne has been decent, and I think Niemi is overrated. Just cuz he won a cup on a stacked team doesnt mean he's great.

After that, Quick is a freak show, but theyre going down to the sharks so no need to worry about him.

I'm not scared or nervous to face any team. I'm just excited to see who our next competition will be.

Every team minus the Preds, has shaky goaltending. I don't give into fear.

I just have to mention.. your avatar picture really scared the s*** out of me lol..

Every team minus the Preds, has shaky goaltending. I don't give into fear.

dude. your avatar. :rotflmao:

oh and im always afraid of every team since you need lucky bounces, helpful officiating, a lack of injuries, a streaky goalie, and good joojoo to win it all.

i've seen some very talented wings team go down to many lesser teams in the past.

dude. your avatar. :rotflmao:

oh and im always afraid of every team since you need lucky bounces, helpful officiating, a lack of injuries, a streaky goalie, and good joojoo to win it all.

i've seen some very talented wings team go down to many lesser teams in the past.

you mean the officials help teams? You mean like a Penalty Shot call that was totally wrong to call at that juncture? You mean like a non-call to Bickell on an exact same blind-side shoulder/elbow to the head hit that was called against Torres? Hmmmmm..... Interesting Theory you have there.... :ninja:

Edited by LeftWinger

Just did a quick permutation of possibilities and it looks to me like Nashville is going to be our most likely opponent next round. The only way we don't is if LA beats San Jose (not going to happen) or Vancouver and San Jose both win their series (my money is on Chicago). And Nashville, I think, poses the greatest threat to the Wings. They have depth, good defense, and bad series or not Rinne can be scary. The Wings can beat any team in the playoffs, though. I just don't like all the motivation Nashville will have to unseat Detroit going into this series, and their general scrappiness.

The only team I'm scared of is the one that we're all gathered here to discuss. They played well against Phoenipeg, but there were some signs of possible meltdown happening. Luckily, The Jeotes, didn't capitalize when they had the chance. This team will decide their own fate with the way that they play, barring any injuries.

Every team in the West has been exposed for their weaknesses in the first round. If we can play to that, while keeping our heads together, we can beat any team that we face. It's The Red Wings that will be their own worst enemy, if they are to fail this postseason.

Why is everyone afraid of the Preds goaltending?

Rinne gave up a lot of goals in their series against Anaheim. He's overrated as s***.

The only reason they won that series was because of Ray Emery.

Edited by GMRwings1983

you mean the officials help teams? You mean like a Penalty Shot call that was totally wrong to call at that juncture? You mean like a non-call to Bickell on an exact same blind-side shoulder/elbow to the head hit that was called against Torres? Hmmmmm..... Interesting Theory you have there.... :ninja:

helpful to your team, ninja.

They played well against Phoenipeg

wait, are you talking about Winnipix?

:lol:

Edited by drumshanbo

Nobody. We're the best team in the playoffs.

-The Sharks don't have Nabakov and Blake anymore, and Niemi has been pulled a couple times because, well, he's simply not that good. I'd be very happy to see the Wings play against him or his back up Nitty after seeing what they did to Bryz and their defense.

-Kings lack depth and Quick has been streaky, though I will say when he's on, he's on. I don't see them coming out of their series though.

-Vancouver is yet again proving they're pretenders. I can't believe how easy Chicago can get into their heads.

-Rinne hasn't been that good and Emery has made Nashville look like they have a great offense.

It looks like we're most likely going to be playing SJ or NSH, which I'll gladly take.

Guest Shoreline

I'd say retarded fans eager to throw this team under a bus at the slightest hint of this team's adversity are a bigger concern than Red Wing opponents.

Edited by Shoreline