1193 replies to this topic

#21 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

no preference either way
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#22 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

I love Tampa Bay thanks to Stevie but I gotta say I'm glad Boston won, Tampa wouldn't have stood a chance IMO but Boston should be a real challenge for Vancouver. Boston has a tonne of depth up front, a future 2 time winning Vezina goalie, one of the best defenseman in the league. I say Boston in 6

Let's go B's!

#23 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

I hate both teams, but I hate boston less. Why can't they both lose?
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#24 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

I like both of these teams and would not mind seeing either of them win it all, as the home team has never done it, while Boston is in the midst of a 39 year Cup drought.

When taking into consideration that the West is the better conference, the travel, and the that this seems to be the year of the home teams, I think Vancouver takes this.

#25 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

Boston in four wins. Don't know how many games but I think Boston gets four wins.

Boston in 3.

Edit: Oh s*** someone already said that. :(

Edited by Z and D for the C, 28 May 2011 - 02:57 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#26 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

I really don't mind Vancouver's team, but I sure want their fans to lose. And I've thought Boston could've made it to the finals the last 3 years, so I'm kind of glad they made it. Even if it did come from beating Stevie's team. I think they have the defense to make the Sedin's invisible like they were in the first 2 rounds. That may be what brings The Cup to Beantown. I'm saying Bruins in 6.

#27 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

Why the hate on Vancouver fans? They're flipping excited about the game of hockey and the prospect of bringing the cup back to Canada after a long absence. It will be a good series...I really expect Tim Thomas to stand on his head and steal a couple games. He really is better than Luongo. If Boston has the firepower to get enough goals to win...well that remains to be seen.

#28 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:56 AM

Why the hate on Vancouver fans? They're flipping excited about the game of hockey and the prospect of bringing the cup back to Canada after a long absence. It will be a good series...I really expect Tim Thomas to stand on his head and steal a couple games. He really is better than Luongo. If Boston has the firepower to get enough goals to win...well that remains to be seen.

It's not so much, what they say, it's the way that they say it. That's all.

#29 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

Go B's! Beat that 40-year-old virgin!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:21 AM

What an awful cup final. Wont be much fun to watch, Vancouver in 5. Danny will remain the only Newfie with this name on the cup.. until next season of course :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

I'll be rooting for the Bruins on this, I kinda like the team in general and original 6 teams need more cups. Kinda hoping Rask would get a start but that's not gonna happen with the way Thomas has been playing, unless he really breaks down a couple of games in a row.

#32 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

I would say the power play will be the difference, but the Bruins have managed to win three series so far while running a dismal 8% PP so I guess they've got something figured out.

Probably the biggest development is that the Sedins stepped up their game in the conference finals; if they carry the mail in the SCF than Vancouver wins for sure. But if they wait around for Kesler to do all the work again then I'd pick Boston.

The weird thing about the B's is that they don't really have a big time superstar player like the Sedins but manage to get good scoring from all up and down the line up. I wouldn't have guessed a "scoring by committee" type team would manage to get this far, but they beat the team that had all the superstars in Tampa, so here they are.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#33 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

C'mon, Wankouver!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#34 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Sorry, Mr. Yzerman, but I just couldn't take Stanley getting another tan. Besides, if you win a Cup in your first season, there's nowhere to go but down after that.

This could be a very interesting series or one of the most boring SCF in history. I'm hoping for the former, and that the B's pull it off. Original Six and they have the best commercials. :)
History tells us the refs will pretty much swallow their whistles in this series; I'm hoping the Nucks respect the Finals and don't feel the need to continue with their previous antics. And if they do, I hope Chara Kronwalls them.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#35 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

I like both teams. Both deserved to be in the finals. A bit skewed towards Boston winning.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#36 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Awesome that we get to see a couple more weeks of Cam Neely grimacing.

#37 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

HFBoards had made a lot of people root against Vancouver due to their fan base on the site. I'd like to see the Bruins win this series but I'd probably put my money on Vancouver.

#38 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

Boston in 6.

Vancouver's best chance here against the big bruins and Tim Vezina is speed. If the Sedins/Burrows/Kesler/Raymond wake up and turn this into a track meet, they can win it. Otherwise, D is Deep on both sides, Thomas > Luongo, due to Lu's history of s***ting the bed, and the Sedins won't match up physically with the Bruins (Lucic, Ryder, Thornton, etc)

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#39 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

In reality, this is the best matchup for the NHL. Tampa may have had a good team, but they've got--at best--only a medium-sized fanbase.

#40 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

From what I saw last night, the Bruins dominated the game and Roloson kept it close. So I am glad the Bruins won. Personally, I don't see this going more than 5 games but I hope I'm wrong. I think the Canucks speed and transition game, along with the Sedin's cycle game is too much for the Bruins to handle. Plus the Bruins PP is terrible and special teams always plays a big part in who wins and loses in a Cup Final. Look at 2009 when the Pens scored most of their goals on the PP. The Canucks PP has been getting better each series and is in fine form right now. Thomas will have to play like a 1993 Patrick Roy for the Bruins to have any chance in this series. That being said, this is why they play the games. No one really knows what will happen.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 28 May 2011 - 12:49 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams