• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Since the rumors about Kane won't go away I thought I'd play with the lines a bit. Here's what I came up with:

Dcat-Larkin-Kane (if Kane is signing to play exclusively because of Dcat with only makes sense)

Copp-Compher-Raymond (I love this line more than any other linemate Copp/Compher have had)

Kostin-Ras-Sprong (Loved this line last night and Ras and Kostin seem to have chemistry)

Fischer-Veleno-Fabbri (this line was good last night but I'd mix Perron in to rest Fabbri and/or in case of injury)

I really don't hate these. The top line is going to sacrifice possession a lot but hopefully can score beyond their mistakes. They'd have to be utilized carefully. The 2nd line is a hell of a matchup line since all three are responsible players. They would score a decent amount as well since Copp and Compher have the puck a lot and can both make plays to set up Raymond. This third line could do some serious offensive damage and would be a load to deal with given their size/skill combo. The fourth line is "blah" but it worked yesterday and I don't hate it against weaker competition.

Edited by kipwinger

40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Since the rumors about Kane won't go away I thought I'd play with the lines a bit. Here's what I came up with:

Dcat-Larkin-Kane (if Kane is signing to play exclusively because of Dcat with only makes sense)

Copp-Compher-Raymond (I love this line more than any other linemate Copp/Compher have had)

Kostin-Ras-Sprong (Loved this line last night and Ras and Kostin seem to have chemistry)

Fischer-Veleno-Fabbri (this line was good last night but I'd mix Perron in to rest Fabbri and/or in case of injury)

I really don't hate these. The top line is going to sacrifice possession a lot but hopefully can score beyond their mistakes. They'd have to be utilized carefully. The 2nd line is a hell of a matchup line since all three are responsible players. They would score a decent amount as well since Copp and Compher have the puck a lot and can both make plays to set up Raymond. This third line could do some serious offensive damage and would be a load to deal with given their size/skill combo. The fourth line is "blah" but it worked yesterday and I don't hate it against weaker competition.

Sabre fans have said that they're close to signing Kane, Looks like we're out. Buffalo is willing to give him a multi year deal.

1 hour ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Sabre fans have said that they're close to signing Kane, Looks like we're out. Buffalo is willing to give him a multi year deal.

We need a goalie not a broken down winger with a billion miles on the odometer.  

We also need to send one of our old broken down D-Men to Siberia and bring Edvinsson up permanently. 

Just read about Larkin's comments on the trip to Sweden on "Detroit Hockey Now"... there was a comment about league officials not being happy about his comments...  

BUT

Larkin wasn't nearly harsh enough... 3 teams from the hardest division in the NHL all desperate to make the playoffs and the random inclusion of the Wild. 

The Wings play back to back in games 1 and 2, both against division rivals.  Our division rivals each get a day off between games and play the Wild a non division, heck a non conference team, each in their second game.  That schedule looks to have been crafted to disadvantage the Red Wings... then our schedule is compressed for the rest of the calendar year.

My question... why does the NHL constantly go out of its way to s.h.i.t on an Original 6 team with stable ownership???  From rigged lottos to this nonsense and all the other stuff in-between...

4 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

2024 HOF Candidates...As mentioned - unlikely for any Russian to get in with the war going on...Sorry Dats.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/potential-candidates-for-the-2024-hockey-hall-of-fame-class-1.2035040

Looks like a good year to get some guys who've been waiting elected.  Datsyuk is the only guy with a lock CV and he won't get selected due to the Russian factor. 

They should elect Zetterberg and correct the inexplicable snub from last year.

2 hours ago, mackel said:

Just read about Larkin's comments on the trip to Sweden on "Detroit Hockey Now"... there was a comment about league officials not being happy about his comments...  

BUT

Larkin wasn't nearly harsh enough... 3 teams from the hardest division in the NHL all desperate to make the playoffs and the random inclusion of the Wild. 

The Wings play back to back in games 1 and 2, both against division rivals.  Our division rivals each get a day off between games and play the Wild a non division, heck a non conference team, each in their second game.  That schedule looks to have been crafted to disadvantage the Red Wings... then our schedule is compressed for the rest of the calendar year.

My question... why does the NHL constantly go out of its way to s.h.i.t on an Original 6 team with stable ownership???  From rigged lottos to this nonsense and all the other stuff in-between...

Looks like a good year to get some guys who've been waiting elected.  Datsyuk is the only guy with a lock CV and he won't get selected due to the Russian factor. 

What exactly did Larkin say? He hates Sweden?

6 hours ago, mackel said:

BUT

Z finished under 1000 points. He wasn't getting in 1st ballot.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:58 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Quinn Hughes is gonna win the Norris and the Hart trophy this year. 

Have I mentioned lately how much I phcking hate what Holland did to this team 2013 - 18? 

The sad comedy of it all...Did anyone - I mean ANYONE within the Red Wings scouting staff ever look at this guy - 45 miles away in AA?

5 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

The sad comedy of it all...Did anyone - I mean ANYONE within the Red Wings scouting staff ever look at this guy - 45 miles away in AA?

Hey now, Zadina is due to break out at any moment

1 hour ago, Motor City Mullets said:

And Blashill had him at the worlds that spring just before the draft. I blame that bald phuk-tard as well. Christ what an organization-wide whiff that was. Like it’s the anti-Lidstrom draft story. 

https://www.masslive.com/bruins/2023/11/police-report-gives-details-on-milan-lucic-arrest.html

Lucic was arrested for domestic violence for pulling his wifes hair...

Report states she took his phone from him. He demanded it back. And then when she tried to run away with it he pulled her hair. 

If anything she should be under arrest for stealing his personal belongings. Shes lucky she only got a little tug of the pony tail...