• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who else had us on their no trade list?

None that I know of for sure, but it just seems that we never get any bones to chew on.  The guy would probably have been a top 3 guy here, again not that I advocated for him, but he waived his list to go to Ottawa for that very reason, to play a bigger role. He could've been in a larger role here as well, plus I think we are a little better off than Ottawa. But oh well...

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

None that I know of for sure, but it just seems that we never get any bones to chew on.  The guy would probably have been a top 3 guy here, again not that I advocated for him, but he waived his list to go to Ottawa for that very reason, to play a bigger role. He could've been in a larger role here as well, plus I think we are a little better off than Ottawa. But oh well...

Ottawa was on his No Trade list as well, but he waived to go there. Probably because no other teams were calling... He probably would have waived to come to Detroit as well IF we wanted him. Not getting Zaitsev is a good thing though. We've had enough mediocre defensemen paid too much for too long over the years. Time for a complete overhaul of the D corps...

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ottawa was on his No Trade list as well, but he waived to go there. Probably because no other teams were calling... He probably would have waived to come to Detroit as well IF we wanted him. Not getting Zaitsev is a good thing though. We've had enough mediocre defensemen paid too much for too long over the years. Time for a complete overhaul of the D corps...

I wish it would happen now! But at least Daley, Ericsson and Green only have the 1 year left. Let's HOPE that Yzerman does not offer them contracts!

BTW, have we seen any news on Kronwall?

On 7/25/2019 at 6:05 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He made a comment on draft day that he knows more than us about Kronwall, but he's not sharing. Probably something medical?

Huh, somehow I totally missed that. Thx 4 the info.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Huh, somehow I totally missed that. Thx 4 the info.

It was after day one and he was talking to HSJ and the rest of the media swarm on the draft floor.
The exchange was basically:

"Do you have an update on Kronwall?"
"No... well I do, but it's not something I'm willing to share you [media] at this time"

So personally I think he knows Kronner is done or most likely done, which is why Nemeth is here.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It was after day one and he was talking to HSJ and the rest of the media swarm on the draft floor.
The exchange was basically:

"Do you have an update on Kronwall?"
"No... well I do, but it's not something I'm willing to share you [media] at this time"

So personally I think he knows Kronner is done or most likely done, which is why Nemeth is here.

Interesting...

18 minutes ago, amato said:

New Jersey building something pretty exciting these past couple years. Would've liked to snag this guy. Ah well.... 

No kidding. Adding Subban/Hughes/Gusev in one off season is pretty heckin nice.

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Gusev - Hughes - Bratt
Wood - Zajac - Simmonds
Coleman - Zacha - Rooney

Vatanen - Subban
Butcher - Severson
Mueller - Carrick
Greene

Schneider
Blackwood

That entire lineup looks really nice.
The Rags and the Devs both got a lot better this offseason. Should be fun watching them play each other this year.

I'm becoming very disappointed in our "rebuild" off season. This would've totally been worth giving up for Gusev. 

I don't like that Yzerman has not been involved with anything like this. I don't like that all three of Daley, Ericsson and Green are still on the team. I like that he hasn't traded any of our "core" but a draft pick or two wouldn't hurt our rebuild. Here's to hoping something good happens to generate excitement, because so far it's Holland 2.0...not excited at all.

4 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Pretty good chance the Devils just acquired a star for basically nothing. Must be nice to be a New Jersey fan these days. 

Rags get top pair RHD (Trouba)
Devs get top pair RHD (Subban)

Rags get top 2 pick (Kakko)
Devs get top 2 pick (Hughes)

Rags get star Russian winger (Panarin)
Devs get star Russian winger (Gusev)

It's basically a nuclear arms race in the New York bay right now.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm becoming very disappointed in our "rebuild" off season. This would've totally been worth giving up for Gusev. 

I don't like that Yzerman has not been involved with anything like this. I don't like that all three of Daley, Ericsson and Green are still on the team. I like that he hasn't traded any of our "core" but a draft pick or two wouldn't hurt our rebuild. Here's to hoping something good happens to generate excitement, because so far it's Holland 2.0...not excited at all.

Sure seems like Yzerman is 100% committed to the tank for now. Not adding the Gusevs of the world and keeping the Ericssons around will ensure that happens for the time being.

Omg the whining on here from veteran posters everytime some team gets a player is out of hand. Quit crying, if you cant tell yet yzerman doesnt plan for us to be good for 2 years. He signed all 1 and 2 year garbage players. Then most bad contracts will be off the books except dekeyser, nielson, and abby. Dont expect any big trades or free agents. We have to wait for contracts to expire and in the meantime we will tank for some top picks. 2 years from now we will have the makings of a potential dynasty.

But hey we didnt get a guy who's never played an nhl game before. :cold2::baby:

Edited by Euro_Twins

10 hours ago, amato said:

$9.5 million???? OK, he won the Vezina last season, but completely collapsed in the playoffs, where it counts. Regular season hardware increases contracts, but $9.5 million for 8 years? Considering what Bob got from Florida though, he probably used that to his advantage.

2 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Omg the whining on here from veteran posters everytime some team gets a player is out of hand. Quit crying, if you cant tell yet yzerman doesnt plan for us to be good for 2 years. He signed all 1 and 2 year garbage players. Then most bad contracts will be off the books except dekeyser, nielson, and abby. Dont expect any big trades or free agents. We have to wait for contracts to expire and in the meantime we will tank for some top picks. 2 years from now we will have the makings of a potential dynasty.

But hey we didnt get a guy who's never played an nhl game before. :cold2::baby:

If you can add a good, young player for peanuts you should, if anything just for the extra asset to play with later.

We also don't have to do anything, we have quite a bit of cap space IIRC. I'm not sure what mystical thing is going to happen once all those crappy contracts are off the books. Also tanking is stupid, as the last couple of years should've indicated to everyone, and just because that may be his plan it doesn't mean I agree with it, or the execution of it. You can spin it how you like, and I'm generally optimistic, but for better or worse the off season has been rather underwhelming.  

It all may be moot, as maybe Gusev had zero interest in being here in the first place. But hey, It's still probably nice to be a NJ fan right about now.