• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

goalie gets ran, and getting our asses kicked by the worst team in the league and no one is angry enough to go after the guy. This is hockey, and its infuriating that this team is filled with wimps.

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

goalie gets ran, and getting our asses kicked by the worst team in the league and no one is angry enough to go after the guy. This is hockey, and its infuriating that this team is filled with wimps.

Nothing new here and I agree 100%, but this conversation is going to go nowhere good
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#4 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I didnt really think that the bump on Conklin was retaliation worthy. That being said, I thought what Jack Johnson did to Filppula early in the game deserved a punch to the face. Johnson literally steam rolled his head with his fist (knocking Fil down), then shoved him and fash washed him while Fil was on the ground.

I also didn't like the end where Zetterberg was taking shots as the horn blew
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#5 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Changes will come this offseason, you will see a tougher team next season.

Edited by redwingfan19, 29 March 2012 - 01:42 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#6 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

:lol: I remember my first beer.

#7 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I pray for this
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#8 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

B b bb b but for the wings to sign a tough guy he has to be able to score 30 points a year and play 15 minutes a night... eventhough emmerton provides a lot of nothing.

Seriously, Dorsett is under 6 feet, runs around at the end of a blowout game than goes and has his way with the wings next game? This team had no spark last game at all, its pathetic

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#9 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

You sound like a Leaf fan

#10 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

I pray for this

This will only happen though if Kenny gets some balls and ship some players out of here for some tougher players.

Hudler, Homer, Stuart, should be gone. Emmerton and Ericsson should be shipped out for some tough players that can fill bottom 6 and 6th, 7th D man roles. We should have a full year of Smith who is tough as nails and we got some guys down in GR who are gritty and could have an impact.

Moen, Gustad, Prust, and Asham should all be Kenny targets in FA.

Oh and in before the "we need Parise/Suter" crowd, it is obvious Kenny will be after those 2 hard.

14 Fighting Majors

#11 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

This will only happen though if Kenny gets some balls and ship some players out of here for some tougher players.

Hudler, Homer, Stuart, should be gone. Emmerton and Ericsson should be shipped out for some tough players that can fill bottom 6 and 6th, 7th D man roles. We should have a full year of Smith who is tough as nails and we got some guys down in GR who are gritty and could have an impact.

Moen, Gustad, Prust, and Asham should all be Kenny targets in FA.

Oh and in before the "we need Parise/Suter" crowd, it is obvious Kenny will be after those 2 hard.

I have nothing against those players you listed but they're flavor of the week names. There are times when I would definitely like to see more push back from the Wings too. But their philosophy has generally been to use the 4th line as a breeding ground for their prospects to become accustom to the NHL.

#12 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

And I was just wondering when the weekly "Wings are too soft" thread was going to pop up, and voila! Here it is, right on cue.

Good show, lad! Good show!

#13 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I have nothing against those players you listed but they're flavor of the week names. There are times when I would definitely like to see more push back from the Wings too. But their philosophy has generally been to use the 4th line as a breeding ground for their prospects to become accustom to the NHL.

I just don't see how it does any good to have a guy like Nyquist play on the 4th line with bad players. Might as well send him down and call up Andersson to play those minutes or just give them to Mursak.

Guess I would rather have tough players on the 4th line then useless ones and top 6 forward prospects who waste away and get lost for nothing because they never had a chance to showcase in a larger role.

Not saying this will happen with Nyquist but it probably will with guys like Emmerton, Mursak, and Andersson.

Edited by redwingfan19, 29 March 2012 - 02:41 PM.

14 Fighting Majors

#14 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

This thread should be titled "The sky is blue".

Plus, tough hockey isn't winning hockey anyways.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#15 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

You're right, might as well just pack the year in. :rolleyes:
IPB Image

#16 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

This team has been soft every season but 1 since Babcock was hired, and we all know what season that was...

#17 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#18 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Its funny though, Babcock is calling out this teams physicality in an article on mlive but than if a poster or 2 say it on here its terrible and blasphemy. Guy gets a few negatives for saying what Babcock has been saying as well, go figure

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#19 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

Its funny though, Babcock is calling out this teams physicality in an article on mlive but than if a poster or 2 say it on here its terrible and blasphemy. Guy gets a few negatives for saying what Babcock has been saying as well, go figure

Babcock can have an opinion when he starts making coaching decisions that will help the team. I.E. putting Nyquist on the ice for more than 5 minutes during a game and keeping guys like Cleary and Abdelkader off the ice during overtime.

Posted Image

#20 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Cries for toughness are funny. We're all for vigilante justice when some punk is running around or hacking and slashing, yet we mock those who fight after a clean hit.

Enforcing rules is for refs. Otherwise, hockey is tough. The Wings aren't asking to soften the game to suit them and they aren't quitting, so in reality, despite your observation, there is no problem.