• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#361 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Oh, he is going, his wife cannot come here unless her ex changes the terms of the custody. She can only live so far away from her ex because of their daughter. Stuart will be in California next season. Lets hope Holland trades his rights in order to get something for him!

Yes, I'm sure plenty of GMs will be chomping at the bit to get the rights of a UFA.

Posted Image

#362 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I think we've well established at this point that Leftwinger does not know what he/she is talking about. I can't have a rationale, thought provoking discussion with an irrational, fantasy GM. Waste of time.

#363 thewingedwheel

thewingedwheel

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Alot is going to depend on what Liddy does but I too hope that the Wings can get Parsie and Weber this Off-Season!!

How can you possibly support the acquisition of Weber after the Zetterberg fiasco? Sure Weber is a great player and he brings a lot to the team, but he's a punk and i think he won't take kindly to not being a leader in the locker room. For his price, which is rightfully expensive, there are much better possibilities, through trade and through FA. And of course all of this depends on retirement freeing up cap-space. Heres for hoping!

#364 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

How can you possibly support the acquisition of Weber after the Zetterberg fiasco? Sure Weber is a great player and he brings a lot to the team, but he's a punk and i think he won't take kindly to not being a leader in the locker room. For his price, which is rightfully expensive, there are much better possibilities, through trade and through FA. And of course all of this depends on retirement freeing up cap-space. Heres for hoping!

Honestly, I think the Wings fans who are hating on Weber right now will calm down as more time passes. Although the Weber incident was pretty s***ty he is still too good and too dominant that the Wings would gladly take him. There was a time when no one would have ever wanted Chris Chelios and now he is a reveered Wing for life. Hell, the Wings have brought in plenty of hated guys before.

Plus, Weber embodies everything the Wings are currently missing on their back end.

That being said, it's irrelevant because Weber is staying in NSH for at least one more year (if not more)
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#365 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Weber will sign long term with Nashville.

#366 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I would forgive Weber after seeing him in a Wings uniform for .3 seconds.

It won't happen regardless, but you don't turn away arguably the best d-man in hockey over some bitter feelings.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#367 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

So let's say we get Suter. What do we do with White? I don't like him with anyone but Nick. Maybe we could package him with Flip and Franzen and deal the trio to the Ducks in exchange for Perry. (I have no shame.) Of course, one of the really nice things about White is he's right-handed...whereas everyone else on our blue line is not. Enter, perhaps, Dennis Wideman?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#368 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

(I'm bored. Tolerate me.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#369 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

White dropping down to 2nd or 3rd pairing is likely where he belongs anyway. He's signed cheap for another year. I don't see the benefit in moving him.

#370 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

So let's say we get Suter. What do we do with White? I don't like him with anyone but Nick. Maybe we could package him with Flip and Franzen and deal the trio to the Ducks in exchange for Perry. (I have no shame.) Of course, one of the really nice things about White is he's right-handed...whereas everyone else on our blue line is not. Enter, perhaps, Dennis Wideman?

I actually think White is a little overrated on these boards because of how well he played in the first half. The way I see it the Wings have Kronwall, Ericsson, Kindl, Smith, and White signed for next year. If Lidstrom returns and Quincey is re-upped (which you've got to imagine he would be as Holland moved a 1st for him) that gives you 7 D. If the Wings were able to sign Suter I would like to see White moved. His money can go to aiding the potential Suter signing or going to a forward up front. Despite White being RH I would rather keep Quincey, Smith and Kindl as 5/6/7

Although, I noted in a different thread that if Suter weren't available I actually do like Wideman.

#371 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

The benefit in moving him is two-fold: 1) we'd get something in return (which is why you move people), 2) we'd save ourselves from having to use him on the second or third pairing. Like I said, I don't like him with anyone but Nick; his performance seems to drop considerably if he's not paired with #5. And I like Wideman.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#372 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Keep in mind that Wideman made just shy of $4M last year and will probably need a raise as he is coming off a very good year.

#373 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I wish we hadn't picked up Quincey.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#374 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yes, I'm sure plenty of GMs will be chomping at the bit to get the rights of a UFA.

Were you not around last season? Wisniewski to Columbus, Ehrhoff to the Isle, then to the Sabres just to name a few UFA's who's rights were traded just prior to July 1st. So ya, if he wasn't stuck going only to a California team, there may have been some interest in his "rights."

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#375 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I wish we hadn't picked up Quincey.

He's an RFA, so we're not stuck with him. Having said that, bet your lunch that Holland re-signs him.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#376 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'd prefer Kindl be moved before White. Very underwhelmed by Kobdl in all facets of his game.

#377 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yup, we're almost certainly stuck with Quincey.

Edited by Dabura, 24 April 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#378 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Yup, we're almost certainly stuck with Quincey.

I gotta get off my computer in a minute but I would bet you just about anything Quincey is back in October

#379 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think we've well established at this point that Leftwinger does not know what he/she is talking about. I can't have a rationale, thought provoking discussion with an irrational, fantasy GM. Waste of time.

:hysterical: Ya, I don't know what I am talking about just because I think Morrow would be a good fit here. Were you one of the .001% who said "playoff franzen" would not show up? Was I wrong when I said at the deadline that St. Louis AND Nashville would pass up the Wings and they could possibly finish 6th? Gee...I guess I didn't know anything then either...

Oh, but you are a realist, lets show everyone your reality, make a thread saying I believe the Wings need a change and they will sign one of these 900 players I listed. Dude, your opinion is yours, you think Franzen is more valuable than I do, does that mean you don't know what you are talking about? No, does it mean I don't? No. It just means we have differing opinions. You are happy with Franzen's mediocre lazy output and two years of playoff ineptness. That is fine, that's your opinion. You seem to think that you are the first one to mention Parise when he has been talked about all season long. Just because someone has a differing opinion, doesn't make it wrong or irrational...you are most likely right about franzen not being traded, but you aren't the only one who knows this. I am just saying he needs to go, he sucks, and he is lazy and let his team down this playoff. Again, my opinion, doesn't mean it's wrong or right, just like yours. So come down off your high horse and take this forum as what it is....BTW, I see you got tons of replies in your "reality" thread. Even Blueadams got more than you in his...

www.thinkdunes.com

#380 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

He's an RFA, so we're not stuck with him. Having said that, bet your lunch that Holland re-signs him.

I agree, I just hope it's not more than $3M per season. He should get a raise, but a small cut isn't too insulting, especially if it long term. If Lids does come back, Holland needs to cut salary wherever he can so he can make a serious run for Parise and Suter. I still would love to see a strong goalie come in to push Jimmy. Conklin and Mac aren't good enough to give Jimmy a challenge. I think Jimmy needs a challenge to take that next step...

www.thinkdunes.com