WCQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 3, at Nashville Predators 2
Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:29 AM
Let's also stop the god damn negativity around here. Christ it sounds even worse than HFBoards at times. This is the Red Wings for f* sakes.
Edited by irishock, 13 April 2012 - 12:50 AM.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:19 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:59 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:55 AM
"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard
Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:22 AM
1) Find the player with the most reddish hair.
2) Grow him a full beard by noon.
3) Make sure he's somehow interviewed by lots of members of the media.
4) Laugh and say that Draper was also said to look like Chuck Norris.
5) Keep the player away from the media after the warmup skate.
6) Make sure that, as a Red Wings employee, no one questions that Kris Draper went into the locker room.
7) Laugh as you acknowledge that Kris Draper is looking more like Chuck Norris than ever.
8) Watch in amazement as the player mentioned in Step One completely destroys Shea Weber as soon after the puck drop as possible.
9) Make sure that the camera doesn't get too good of a shot of the player mentioned in Step One as he goes to the locker room after begin kicked out of the game.
10) Win the game.
11) Allow the player mentioned in Step One to face the media after the game, noting that he has shaved his playoff beard in protest which is why he no longer looks like Chuck Norris.
12) Do not allow Kris Draper to address the media. In fact, just for good measure, have him get an emergency phone call during the first intermission and have to leave the locker room.
13) Feign ignorance when the media notices that Chuck Norris is a Wings fan, but oddly enough didn't find his seat until the second period.
14) Cover the cost of Chuck Norris' seat from Illitch Petty Cash fund.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:43 AM
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." -- The Doctor
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:10 AM
We played well enough to win in Game 1 though, and if we play like that tonight we WILL win. Hopefully the refs will let them play more 5-on-5 because we have an advantage there.
This is not quite a must-win, I still think we could lose tonight, hold home-ice and then beat them in 6 or 7, but a win would be huge. Put the ball firmly in our court.
- hooon likes this
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:46 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:35 AM
This is the 38th Game Two in a playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 37 games:
This is the 8th Game Two in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:
This is the 17th Game Two in a Conference Quarter-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 16 games:
This is the 2nd Game Two in a Conference Quarter-Final without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous game:
Game Two in Conference Format Era with Series 0-1 (since 1993-94)
This is the 14th Game Two Conference Era Playoff Series with the series 0-1. The Club’s record in the previous 13 games:
This is the 6th Game Two in a Conference Quarter-Final in the Conference Era with the series 0-1. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
This is the 2nd Game Two in a Conference Quarter-Final in the Conference Era without home-ice advantage and the series 0-1; The Club’s record in the previous game:
On This Day
This is the 12th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 12 games:
This is the 2nd playoff game played on this day v. Nashville.. The Club’s record in the previous game:
- hooon likes this
"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".
- Harry James Benson, CBE.
|Topic||Forum||Started By||Stats||Last Post Info|
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users