• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

This year was a weird one. I figured the Wings were gonna fizzle out soon. That left me with rooting AGAINST teams. Since I hate SJ more than I want us to win, tonight was a wonderful evening.

I got to watch the Guppies tank for 22 years in a row.

If you live in my area and follow hockey you have to hear about the Sharks. I hate the Sharks and the sooner they were gone the happier I am.

Well Im pretty damn happy.

DIE GUPPIES!!!!!!
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#2 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Does that mean Detroit gets to keep playing in the playoffs?

Posted Image

#3 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

No need for such stuff. We are in a quite similar situation except we have some semi-reliable prospects while they do have a GM who is not afraid of trading underperforming "stars" and some scrubs for some competent players. Thornton, Boyle, Burns, Heatley, Havlat, etc. We were good because of luck getting Dats and Zetter so low at the draft while they were good because of trading. That's huge advantage. At the end they ran into young hungry team just like we did.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#4 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Anyone not a Preds or Blues fan has ZERO room to gloat about teams being eliminated right now.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#5 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Anyone not a Preds or Blues fan has ZERO room to gloat about teams being eliminated right now.

And who are you to proclaim this? I'll gloat about other teams being eliminated as much as I please.

#6 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Merge coming?

#7 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

And who are you to proclaim this? I'll gloat about other teams being eliminated as much as I please.

yeah, going by his logic would mean that we shouldn't have been happy about any team being eliminated since '08.

#8 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

I'm the guy on the internet with an opinion.

Anyone who says "Haha, the Sharks got eliminated. They suck." on a Red Wings fan board at this point in time doesn't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling out other teams and their lack of skill.

yeah, going by his logic would mean that we shouldn't have been happy about any team being eliminated since '08.

No, we shouldn't be celebrating any team being eliminated unless the Wings eliminate them. And when the Wings are eliminated, we shouldn't be talking smack about other teams that lasted longer than the Wings did.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#9 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

And all a Sharks fan has to do is come in and remind you that the Sharks have knocked the Wings out the two seasons prior to this year. The Sharks are actually closer to being an elite team again than the Wings are right now.

#10 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

And all a Sharks fan has to do is come in and remind you that the Sharks have knocked the Wings out the two seasons prior to this year. The Sharks are actually closer to being an elite team again than the Wings are right now.

Thats a very arbitrary remark. I look at it no different than Bab's assessment: Two teams who lost a series 4-1 and are out of the playoffs in the first round. Neither team should be considered an "elite" playoff team. Their stars didnt play any better than our stars. Their bottom 2 lines played like ours. I dont see to much difference between them.
Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I would like to personally thank the St. Louis Blues for taking out the trash. May a Stanley Cup wait for you at the finish line. :thumbup:

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#12 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Anyone who says "Haha, the Sharks got eliminated. They suck." on a Red Wings fan board at this point in time doesn't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling out other teams and their lack of skill.

Your point might make sense if we were the guys out on the ice. But we aren't.

No, we shouldn't be celebrating any team being eliminated unless the Wings eliminate them.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

And when the Wings are eliminated, we shouldn't be talking smack about other teams that lasted longer than the Wings did.

This doesn't make sense either. On a side note, saying that the Sharks lasted longer in the playoffs than the Wings is silly; they were in the playoffs one night longer because their series opened one night later.

#13 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Who cares if people are glad that the Sharks lost? I hate the Sharks, I don't respect the way they play hockey and yes I have sour grapes about the last two years.

I would rather celebrate them going home early then deal with the potential of watching those douches skate around the Shark Tank with the Cup.

Misery loves company.

#14 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

There are some very masochistic people in here,,, Why cant I be happy that the team I hate most lost?

I even said that I wanted them to lose more than I wanted us to win. They have a streak rivaled by few in the NHL and I am pleased to see them extend it as long as possible. Wings_Dynasty thats for you. I think we have 6 legs to stand on compared to the Sharks in the Cant make it to the Cup record.

Ill be happy when Vancouver, Pitt and Chicago are out as well. I will say the same things about these teams as well and feel no need at all to check myself because our team choked it all to hell too.

I refuse to beat myself up, hang my head low and concede that I gotta keep my mouth shut about other teams. By that thinking if Im happy with the winner of the cup this year and say BYE BYE to the loser, I gotta stay quiet because they went farther than we did :rolleyes:

So Ill stick to it and once again say SUCK IT GUPPIES

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut, 22 April 2012 - 12:08 PM.

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#15 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I would like to personally thank the St. Louis Blues for taking out the trash. May a Stanley Cup wait for you at the finish line. :thumbup:

I'd root for the Pens before I rooted for them
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#16 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

People are allowed to be happy at rivals misfortunes.

Lighten up you gloomy f***ers.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#17 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

I was definetly glad to see the Sharks get knocked out in the 1st round this season too. After losing to them two years in a row in the 2nd round it was somewhat gratifying to see them not go any further than us. It doesn't take away the pain of the Wings being out but it eases it a little bit.

#18 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

I even said that I wanted them to lose more than I wanted us to win.

You hate another team more than you LIKE the Wings? I find that a little strange. Sure, I root pretty hard against some teams and take great pleasure seeing them lose (Vancouver), but the satisfaction I get from a hated team losing is far outweighed by the joy I get when the Wings win.

To each their own I guess, but don't ever try and argue that you are a bigger Wings fan than the majority of people here.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#19 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

You hate another team more than you LIKE the Wings? I find that a little strange. Sure, I root pretty hard against some teams and take great pleasure seeing them lose (Vancouver), but the satisfaction I get from a hated team losing is far outweighed by the joy I get when the Wings win.

To each their own I guess, but don't ever try and argue that you are a bigger Wings fan than the majority of people here.

I see what your saying but Im also sure you havent had the pleasure of being assaulted in SJ. Padre has decided not to go to anymore games there because hes too old to deal with brawls.

Being heckled for having a Redwings sticker on my truck in traffic, being told I suck when I am at the store wearing a Wings T shirt or my hat.. Yeah I am way happier to see those people all broken up their team lost.

Im secure enough in my allegiance to the team that I feel comfortable saying that. Its like a guy wearing pink. I wont but some guys are secure enough in their sexuality that they can do it without feeling ***.

I also dont need to prove myself to anyone so whats the deal? You a super better fan than me? Ok fine you are. Ill still root for the Wings. Hell, I chose the colors of my business logo because Im a wings fan and drive a red truck for the same reason. Im not insecure in the least and dont need your approval either.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#20 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I also dont need to prove myself to anyone so whats the deal? You a super better fan than me? Ok fine you are. Ill still root for the Wings. Hell, I chose the colors of my business logo because Im a wings fan and drive a red truck for the same reason. Im not insecure in the least and dont need your approval either.

Didn't mean to work you up, bud. I was just saying most die-hard fans find more pleasure in cheering their own team than wasting a lot of energy cheering even harder for someone to lose. You're an exception, I guess. I should have said something like, 'saying that you cheer harder for another team to lose rather than wanting to see the Wings victorious won't win you any #1 fan contests'. I realize that came across like a threat, didn't mean for it to be that way
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--