• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Report: Luongo officially requests trade out of Vancouver

Rate this topic

You've got to figure that Schneider gets in the $1.6-2.4M range - at least that would be my guess.

If Scott Gomex can yield Ryan McDonaugh in a trade I'm going out on a limb and saying Luongo can yield Nail Yakupov....ok, I'm kidding

I'm thinking Gomex is a typo? (i'm certainly no ratial slur cop but he did grow up in Alaska, not Mexico.)

I'd imagine Schneid's will get mire like $2.5 ish.

Mike Gillis has been very busy saying that he spent too much time dealing with Cody Hodgson; thus, a major distraction to him in trying to run the Canucks.

He's got to blame somebody/anybody for the collapse.

As of now, Dean Lombardi>Mike Gillis. Whowouldathunk it?

Very busy? Has he said more than the one liner when pushed for details at the presser, the one comment about "spending more time on Hodgson's issues than the rest of the team combined", and that was it?

This is spiralling faster than Gillis can keep up with. This is turning into a real bad situation for him as GM. Maybe trying to save his job before meeting with ownership and/or increase leverage in finding a trade for Luongo.

You've got to figure that Schneider gets in the $1.6-2.4M range - at least that would be my guess.

If Scott Gomex can yield Ryan McDonaugh in a trade I'm going out on a limb and saying Luongo can yield Nail Yakupov....ok, I'm kidding

If Schneider gets 2.4M he better fire his agent.

Tampa would be a good fit young team with a great scoring machine named Stamkos, less fan and media pressure some sort of a freshstart.

Toronto would really be the overkill their GM is a big blowhard, the media attention is through the roof and being a pylon is not an option there. So I really hope he wont end up with Toronto they are not a good fit for an aging goalie.

Guest Crymson

This situation feels kind of similar to the one back in '95 when Patrick Roy wanted out of Montreal. His play was going downhill, the fans were on his back all the time, it was suggested that Roy was past his prime and he was only going to get worse as time went on.

That was not at all the case. Roy was still a very good goalie. He became furious with the organization and told them, after being lit up by the Wings and being left in the game anyway, that he wasn't going to play another game for them. This forced them to trade him.

He seriously did that after the Canucks won the game? Is that out of context or something or is he that big of a ******?

It's definitely in context. I was sitting directly behind Luongo that night and remember him sliding across the ice like they had just won something important. Didn't even catch the Burrows gesture live because I was focused on Luongo's celebration.

Edited by GoWings1905