• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ogreslayer

Nick Lidstrom retires after 20 seasons

Rate this topic

422 posts in this topic

He just mentioned Filppula as one of the three captain candidates. Shudder.

I believe he was picked to wear the "A" a number of times in pre-season action, so it's not too far fetched. And as far as I'm concerned, if Nick vouches for a guy, that's good enough for me.

No more freaking out when the opponent has a 2 0n 1 only to realize that Nick was the sole D-man back. I would immediately relax knowing they didn't stand a chance of scoring.

wingnut40 likes this

No more freaking out when the opponent has a 2 0n 1 only to realize that Nick was the sole D-man back. I would immediately relax knowing they didn't stand a chance of scoring.

agreed, if Nick is back there's is no ******* chance that pass gets through. None.

Well, since we're losing Stu, as well, we have Kronner for D.

That's it. I am concerned, much as I love the Viking (and Ian)

Gonna be sad not seeing number 5 on the ice for the red wings anymore,have a happy retirement nick lidstrom,you will be missed not only by the red wing nation but by hockey fans everywhere

Never will there be another nick lidstrom

Rick D likes this

Another thing I'm gonna miss so much was when an opposing player got a 1-on-1 with Lids. The player would be skating in and then look up only to find Nick Lidstrom in his way and the response was always the same, dump the puck in and head off for a line change.

That's ******* RESPECT!

Danielsm and LidsFan like this

Very honored and privileged to have seen Nick Lidstrom live in person no less than 50 times. For those of us who have also seen other Detroit legends live, we're truly spoiled hockey fans.

I feel like he and his family probably walked out to the parking lot, got in a spaceship and flew home to whatever hockey god planet he came from.

No, he can't do that. The plan all along has been to marry his sons off to Yzerman's daughters.

You can't say enough about Lidstrom. I've only been this attached to three players: Lids, Yzerman, and Vladdy. *sniff* I'll never let myself love again.

Electrophile and Sycsa like this

Feels pretty s***ty knowing I'll only ever see #5 on the ice again in replays. On the one hand, I'm full of respect for Nick and all his accomplishments, and we should celebrate him; on the other hand, this ******* sucks. :(

No, he can't do that. The plan all along has been to marry his sons off to Yzerman's daughters.

Yes - yes!..This is what I've been saying all along.

Truly the end of an era... One of the greatest living legends in hockey history. The very picture and personification of class and skill. I'll sure miss watching you Nick

Nick Lidstrom, a classy player on and off the ice. One of the guys who had a ton of respect from other players. He played the game the right away. I'm really going to miss #5 in a Wings jersey. Like many of you I had the privilege of seeing Nick play live many times.. My biggest memory of him was in 2002 game 3 in Vancouver when he scored from center ice the playoff game I attended in Vancouver.. Nick here's to a great and amazing career :thumbup::clap:

All the best in the future.

Nick Lidstrom, a classy player on and off the ice. One of the guys who had a ton of respect from other players. He played the game the right away. I'm really going to miss #5 in a Wings jersey. Like many of you I had the privilege of seeing Nick play live many times.. My biggest memory of him was in 2002 game 3 in Vancouver when he scored from center ice the playoff game I attended in Vancouver.. Nick here's to a great and amazing career :thumbup::clap:

All the best in the future.

How about against trashville shorty I believe?

Wasn;t able to watch the press conference this morning. Is it up anywhere online?

Genius. It's like a hockey version of Game of Thrones. Except with a lot less killing and adultery.

Ally likes this

Wasn;t able to watch the press conference this morning. Is it up anywhere online?

Not yet. I think they are planning to re-air it on FSD after the Tigers' game.

Edited by rrasco

I live in british columbia so I won't be able to watch that. If anyone sees it up online, it would be awesome if it could get posted here.

Around 11pm tonight (after the Tigers), was just announced.