• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Parise Watch [update x2]: Red Wings OUT of Running

Rate this topic

Let the freakout on Holland commence, even though Parise probably got huge salary offers from 20+ teams including the Wings. What made the difference was probably that he'll be playing with Crosby, who, in addition to being an exceptional player, was Parise's roommate and teammate back in their junior days.

As much as I hate the Pens and Crosby, it'll be tough to get too upset at Parise if he goes to the Pens given their history and that it's likely that the Pens offer was likely featured the worst financial terms of all the teams in the mix. I don't see him as a Pen unless he's signing for less than the rest of the market is willing to pay, and yes, that's because the Pens have Crosby.

It is done, call it. Penguin. per Holland via him not being told anything.

I hope he enjoys playing with Crosby 15 games before he gets concussed and has his career end.

Holland saying he hasn't been told anything doesn't mean it's a done deal and the Pens have Parise wrapped up. There were other teams involved as well in the sweepstakes. And STILL, doesn't mean Detroit is out of it.

if he joins pittsburgh the hates valid in my eyes lol if he doesnt come here but goes anywhere but pittsburgh i wouldnt care

If not Detroit, I'm just hoping he follows Marty & re-signs in Jersey. I've got no love for the Devils but I would rather see Parise stay there than sign with the Pens, Flyers, or Wild.

Suter is what we need, Parise was always the icing

I think we need Suter and Parise/comparable scoring threat equally. Anyone who thinks we have enough pure firepower upfront is kidding themselves. The defense isn't going to be as good Suter after losing Lidstrom and Stuart, and last time I checked, we could barely put the puck in the net in the playoffs and lost because of it. Offense is absolutely more important than ever. Hell, if we don't get Suter, all the more so.

I can see Malkin leaving when his contract is up

I hope so, cause if he does, I can see the Wings signing him or at least doing everything in their power to!

If Parise signs with the Pens, will they even be able to afford Malkin anymore?

And for the record, it's been over 30 minutes since it was reported that Parise would "talk to reporters here in about 5 mins." Perhaps the report wasn't accurate to begin with. TSN was still reporting that Holland and Co. were set to arrive at the agents offices after it was clear that Holland was still in Detroit.

Also, TSN Radio Toronto just updated on the situation that "Parise could be announcing a decision in the next hour."