#1 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

https://twitter.com/...806604953006081

http://www.startribu.../161074355.html

Parise: Has narrowed his list to a "small select group" of teams, agent Wade Arnott said last night. A half-dozen sources that would know confirm the Wild is on it. Parise plans to talk to each team again today. He apparently hasn't yet made a decision and this could take some time today.

Suter: If any decision comes today, I sense it'll be after Parise. From what I can gather, agent Neil Sheehy gathered all the info yesterday from teams and talked to him for awhile last night. He, too, narrowed his list to a grouping that includes the Wild. However, again from what I can gather, Suter didn't officially talk to teams yesterday and that should happen today and it will "likely" include the Wild.

"We haven't decided yet [on a team]," Sheehy said. "Today is a new day and we will see what it brings."
Again, this is a morning update. Things are fluid, change in a hurt, so this surely will be outdated soon.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#2 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I just read on Twitter from multiple sources that Philly put in the biggest offers on both the big names so if it is strictly about money they will both be in the orange and black.

#3 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

How frustrating...

#4 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Was hoping for early afternoon decisions. :unhappy: Oh well.

Edited by Dabura, 02 July 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#5 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

That "report" is ccoming from a Minnesota reporter so of course, both guys are still considering the Wild. I doubt that this is true.
Do or do not. There is no try

#6 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

I feel like the Wild would be a terrible decision unless they're going strictly for money, and even then, like posted above, it's been said that Philly offered the most money.

#7 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

this is all for show everybody knows after crosby banged parise and his whole family at game 3 of the finals he's going to pittsburgh .... F him

if we get suter trade quincey.abdelkader and unfortunetly nyquist for bobby ryan , hes got a more cap friendly hit than nash and less term

#8 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Minny and NJ??
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#9 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

this is all for show everybody knows after crosby banged parise and his whole family at game 3 of the finals he's going to pittsburgh .... F him

if we get suter trade quincey.abdelkader and unfortunetly nyquist for bobby ryan , hes got a more cap friendly hit than nash and less term

Where the hell is all this Parise hate coming from? Because Pitt.-based talking heads are playing up the Crosby friendship angle we should all just start hating Parise?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#10 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Everything is pointless speculation at this point. Minnesota media says Minnesota, Pittsburgh media says Pittsburgh. Drawing this whole thing out. Any news is better than no news, but I feel like there is little fact and plenty supposition.

#11 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Cotsonika states that the Wings have no plans to visit any players today. If Parise's agents were turning away teams yesterday, you'd imagine he'd have a "short list" of teams that he would meet with. If Detroit's not travelling today, then we might not have made the cut...

Still early, and all still speculation at this point, though...

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#12 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ah fack, don't let this all fall apart....

Don't Toews me, bro!

#13 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Ya I really don't see Parise coming to det hopefully he stays in NJ and doesn't go to the Pens.

#14 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

The twitter source says that Parise has narrowed his choice down to two teams. The Star Tribune says he is down to a small group of teams and the Wild are one of those teams.

I'm interpreting "small group" to be more than two teams, which means its entirely possible that the Wild aren't in the top two, assuming Parise has even narrowed it down that far.
In any event, my hopes of Parise being a Wing are dwindling.

#15 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

If I was Parise and wanted to win a Stanley Cup, where would I go?

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin. That top line would be a killer. On top of that, I have a cup winning goalie on the back end, and a solid defensive core.

Seems like a very easy decision. Pittsburgh is much closer to a stanley cup right now than Detroit is.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#16 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin. That top line would be a killer. On top of that, I have a cup winning goalie on the back end, and a solid defensive core.

Seems like a very easy decision. Pittsburgh is much closer to a stanley cup right now than Detroit is.

Even after there horrid downfall after playing the flyers? Goalie is questionable and always have and their defense did nothing in the playoff to keep the puck out of the net.

#17 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Where the hell is all this Parise hate coming from? Because Pitt.-based talking heads are playing up the Crosby friendship angle we should all just start hating Parise?

if he joins pittsburgh the hates valid in my eyes lol if he doesnt come here but goes anywhere but pittsburgh i wouldnt care

#18 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

The Pens are coming off a monumental meltdown. They don't play D. MAF was shredded by the Flyers. Parise would be living in the shadows of Crosby and Malkin. He'd essentially be replacing J. Staal as the resident workhorse who does 80% of the forward unit's defensive work and gets no credit. And we can offer more $-wise. And I feel like I've said this 35,000 times now. Sorry for that. But for the life of me, I don't know why so many people seem to think the Pens are a near sure-thing.

Edited by Dabura, 02 July 2012 - 10:51 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#19 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

you forgot to add pittsburgh has bettman

#20 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

While I agree that Pittsburgh is a good choice, I wouldn't put them above Detroit. Solid defensive core? Did you see the first round? Cup winning goalie? Yeah, SJ has one of those too. While the Wings haven't made it beyond the 2nd round since '09, the Pens have lost 3 of their last 4 playoffs series since '09.

I don't know why so many people seem to think the Pens are a near sure-thing.

We want to be pleasantly surprised. :tounge: