Photo
- - - - -

Our friend @HockeyyInsiderr lists anti-lockout teams...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

List of teams whose owners are putting pressure on Bettman to STOP the lockout: #Sabres #RedWings #Habs #Flyers #NYRangersand maybe more!

Interesting tweet, even if he usually is full of you-know-what. I think even before the lockout most knew the owners who weren't really in it for a work shortage, mainly the people who don't mind spending money on their teams...

He then went on to say...

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

The 5 teams against the lockout have been #CONFIRMED to me by various NHL and NHLPA sources. There are a lot more, but unconfirmed yet.

...which I take as being the aforementioned 'you-know-what' as NHL sources would never release a list of owners against the lockout... you know... the whole, making them look bad thing? But hey, interesting points nonetheless.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#2 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Even if that is true, they still need 18 more teams to overrule him.

Because of how Bettman got the rules changed after he as overruled in '95, there's practically no chance of the owners seizing control from him. He only needs to keep 8 happy.

#3 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's well known that Jeremy Jacobs is solidly on Bettman's side, so that would mean he would only need 7 more to guarantee he has the final word. Although the teams listed by "HockeyyDerpp" (as I've seen him called) might be big market powerful teams, they still would need a practically impossible majority to overrule Bettman.

Lest we also forget, all 30 owners voted in favor of a lockout...

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#4 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

It's well known that Jeremy Jacobs is solidly on Bettman's side, so that would mean he would only need 7 more to guarantee he has the final word. Although the teams listed by "HockeyyDerpp" (as I've seen him called) might be big market powerful teams, they still would need a practically impossible majority to overrule Bettman.

The NHL owns the Coyotes, so I think that actually makes it 6 owners since Bettman likely controls that vote.

#5 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

The NHL owns the Coyotes, so I think that actually makes it 6 owners since Bettman likely controls that vote.

That s*** is so shady.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#6 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Does this waft of conflict of interest?

#7 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

As I said yesterday, I think Fehr's been brought in by the PA and 22 owners to take Bettman out... That little turd has gotten to powerful!

I don't care how long this lockout lasts, I want Bettman gone!!

With the amount of money 1/3 of the teams are losing, there's no way all 30 owners wanted a lockout!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#8 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

i think the owners that are against the lockout didn't want to appear to the union as not being unified, so they voted for it knowing that since only 8 are needed to approve lockout, their vote would be useless

#9 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

this video was brought up in the old lockout thread. i think it speaks to boyle's quotes about how the owners are not all on the same page.

#10 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

very interesting points. i hope to hell thats whats going on. the small market teams are blowing up the league. if bettman wants to keep his job, and his future, he needs to bring in a mediator.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Surprised to see Philly on that list. I would have thought Mr. Snider is right up there as one of the hard nosers.

#12 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Philly have never been afraid to spend big, so its no surprise that they want to be able to wield their financial clout.

The team that surprises me is the Sabres, I thought they were losing money hand over fist?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#13 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Surprised to see Philly on that list. I would have thought Mr. Snider is right up there as one of the hard nosers.

fyi

"hockeyyinsiderr" is a teenage kid and all of his posts are completely fabricated by him. He has no inside info.

#14 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

Philly have never been afraid to spend big, so its no surprise that they want to be able to wield their financial clout.

The team that surprises me is the Sabres, I thought they were losing money hand over fist?

I think they're quite tight financially, they seem like a wise enough organisation that doesn't p*ss money away but that's probably why they haven't had a whole lot of success recently, but saying that, they're probably losing a good deal of money now without any hockey on so they'll probably want the season to start. That's what I'd imagine anyway, but then again I have about as much insider info as HockeyyInsiderr

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

The owners don't have to be "on the same page". They have a mouth piece acting for them.
The owners "love" Uncle Gary. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#16 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Well, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could very well be politics. Some teams could have been against it, but once it was clear there was a majority in favor, a lot of times you vote with the majority to keep good relations with them and present a united front, since your vote didn't matter anyway.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#17 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

I think they're quite tight financially, they seem like a wise enough organisation that doesn't p*ss money away but that's probably why they haven't had a whole lot of success recently, but saying that, they're probably losing a good deal of money now without any hockey on so they'll probably want the season to start. That's what I'd imagine anyway, but then again I have about as much insider info as HockeyyInsiderr

Ville Leino
  • Nev likes this

#18 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Ville Leino

Truth.
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#19 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

They've been losing money pretty much every year. Team payroll around the middle of the pack mostly. Pegula just bought the team last year though, and they've gone bat s*** crazy on spending ever since. (Highest salary payroll in the league right now.) It doesn't seem like he's all too concerned about making a profit (at least right now); he just wants to build a good hockey team. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just wants the season to start.

#20 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

They've been losing money pretty much every year. Team payroll around the middle of the pack mostly. Pegula just bought the team last year though, and they've gone bat s*** crazy on spending ever since. (Highest salary payroll in the league right now.) It doesn't seem like he's all too concerned about making a profit (at least right now); he just wants to build a good hockey team. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just wants the season to start.

That's right, in any business/industry a great product, marketed properly, will be more profitable. That's how Ilitch rebuilt the Wings and (hopefully) that's what Pegula's plan of action is.

I really enjoyed that video clip & if that's what Mr. I truly said...Amen.