• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Nyquist called up, Tatar sent down

Rate this topic

DAN CLEARY CANNOT SKATE ANYMORE. How does that NOT make him a defensive liability?

Dan Cleary is the future of the organization. He will be the centerpiece for years to come!

I think the fact that Babcock shuffled the lines so drmatically against CBJ means we may actually see Nyquist in the top 6. Although Tatar has been great in his call up the last couple of games I felt he really didn't take care of the puck as well as he could have. I think that plays into Babcock's reluctance to put Tatar on Pav's line. Either way, I think Tatar played his way onto this team and it's just a matter of time until he is a permanent fixture. Here's hoping Nuqist excels too.

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Cleary - Andersson - Eaves

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

I understand your reasoning. I just wish that applied to everyone on this team and that the guys with seniority were not exempt from that.

Dan Cleary can't skate. He can't shoot. He gets the puck stripped from him.

Everytime he or Abby fumbles a pass from Pav, I want to throw up.

Edited by unsaddleddonald

I understand your reasoning. I just wish that applied to everyone on this team and that the guys with seniority were not exempt from that.

Dan Cleary can't skate. He can't shoot. He gets the puck stripped from him.

Everytime him or Abby fumble a pass from Pav I want to throw up.

There's no denying that. The problem is Tatar can be sent down without a risk of losing him where as Cleary and Abdelkader cannot. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if Tatar wasnt sent down either but it is what it is.

For me, the way I see it shaking out is the lines I posted above, then when Fil comes back he can slot in with Zetterberg - Brunner, which pushes Abs down to the 3rd line.

tatar is playing good, yes, but we arent going to win or lose solely based on him. so i think our need for wins does not completely dictate this move.

if this move is in fact to establish a value on tatar and nyq, then I would only expect this for the next 5-8 games. then well see who gets sent off, because any trade we would make would be based on these 2. were not moving filp, mule, cleary, or abby which makes these 2 the only tradeable assets we have.

There's no denying that. The problem is Tatar can be sent down without a risk of losing him where as Cleary and Abdelkader cannot. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if Tatar wasnt sent down either but it is what it is.

For me, the way I see it shaking out is the lines I posted above, then when Fil comes back he can slot in with Zetterberg - Brunner, which pushes Abs down to the 3rd line.

Oh if only someone would claim Cleary if the Wings put him on waivers.

Nyquist might be our trade deadline acquisition. Holland may be wanting to see what Nyquist can do before deciding to pull the trigger on a trade that has us lose some assets. Why this didn't happen earlier is anybody's guess.

Tatar got sent down probably because Nyquist will fill a similar role. Anderson wouldn't get sent down because he's on the 4th line, and Nyquist will probably fill Tatar's presence. I don't think it's a knock on Tatar, but we (unfortunately) can't send down Abdelkader or Cleary or someone like that instead.

I definitely LOL'd when I read that.

I would LOVE to have Cleary claimed off waivers!

What risk? Losing Cleary or Abby wouldn't hurt this team.

Those guys are just plugs.

This move infuriates me. My rage was slightly reduced upon learning that they did it to call up Nyquist. But Nyquist is 23, and probably should've been up here on Day 1. Tatar is 22 years old but he has a skill set that many NHL'ers will never have. The fact that Abdelkader and Cleary continue to destroy Pavel Datsyuk on the top line while we drop two in a row to Columbus...and then send down Tatar? Makes no sense to me.

The problem with "overripe" is that just as soon as these guys get established on the Wings, you look up and Valterri Filppula is turning 29 next week. The longer you string these guys out, the more tempted you become to fill the roster with padding like Samuelsson, Cleary, and Tootoo that cost more than young players and have little to no hope of making us a better offensive team.

Hope he's back sooner than later, he felt like he was on the verge of becoming a difference maker.

What the???? Is this a joke??? Where in the heck has babs and holland been? Do they not see that we have players like Emmerton, Cleary Abby and Eaves that are doing nothing?? Wow. They better have a good reason other then his play.

Edited by HIFI_canadian

I still think it comes down to wanting to give Nyquist a look with the big club again to see what he can do. That means either Tatar or Andersson had to get sent down. You're simply swapping a LW for a LW instead of a center. Really, I wouldn't be too shocked to see Andersson get sent back down soon in a swap for Ferraro or Sheahan. It's all about giving some of the young guys a chance to start auditioning for a full-time spot next year a little early. They've got an extended look at Tatar now, let's bring the next guy in line up to see what he can do.

This.

The frustrating part is seeing the kids produce and compete night in night out at the NHL level and get sent down when we have Cleary, and Abdelkader on our "2nd line" while struggling to score goals.

Its sad that Tatar Nyquist and Andersson will all eventually get sent back down at some point this season as the team gets healthy.

Nyquist might be our trade deadline acquisition. Holland may be wanting to see what Nyquist can do before deciding to pull the trigger on a trade that has us lose some assets. Why this didn't happen earlier is anybody's guess.

Tatar got sent down probably because Nyquist will fill a similar role. Anderson wouldn't get sent down because he's on the 4th line, and Nyquist will probably fill Tatar's presence. I don't think it's a knock on Tatar, but we (unfortunately) can't send down Abdelkader or Cleary or someone like that instead.

They can sit their ass down just like White because they play like s***.

Sorry, I'm just really tired of them.

What risk? Losing Cleary or Abby wouldn't hurt this team.

Those guys are just plugs.

I disagreed momentarily on Abdelkader, then I remembered that we signed him for 4 years with an AAC of $1.8 million. Gulp. Anyone care to argue that this team isn't at least the same or instantly better dropping Andersson or Tatar into Abdelkader's minutes?

No wonder it was like banging my head against a wall trying to talk bad about Tootoo's contract, Abdelkader's deal makes Tootoo look right a downright "bargain"!

I disagreed momentarily on Abdelkader, then I remembered that we signed him for 4 years with an AAC of $1.8 million. Gulp. Anyone care to argue that this team isn't at least the same or instantly better dropping Andersson or Tatar into Abdelkader's minutes?

No wonder it was like banging my head against a wall trying to talk bad about Tootoo's contract, Abdelkader's deal makes Tootoo look right a downright "bargain"!

Even though I think he has sucked, Abdelkader has sucked while being put into a role in which he just does not belong.

He was signed to be a physical bottom 6 guy. He does not and never will have top 6 skill. Babcock has done him no favors and has turned virtually this whole fanbase against Abdelkader. No win situation for Abby.

Our prospects have to hate this organization sometimes.

Tatar plays very well and gets sent down. Cleary and Abdelkader do nothing and get big minutes with Pavel Datsyuk.

We have zero idea how the conversation or things go in the office or front office. Tatar easily could've gotten the best explanation, has no hard feelings, and can't wait to get back to the show. We as fans, always have the luxury of looking in from the outside, which we just make up our own assumptions which 75% of the time, they're negative and unwarranted.

I was a little upset seeing Tatar get sent down until I saw it was for Nyq. Now I'm conflicted.. Hopefully they put nyq up in the top 6.

Tatar does seem to accept it tho.. I'm sure he'll be up again soon.

@Trto90: I just have been send down.Will miss great fans. thanks for everything and unreal support #wings #greatFans heading back to GR #peskyGriffs

Edited by amato

While bringing up Nyquist is great news, sending down Tatar sucks.

Babcock better put Nyquist into the top 6 and I also think its time that Eaves gets a game up there.

These are the lines I would start the game with.

Nyquist- Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Datsyuk - Eaves
Cleary - Andersson - Abdelkdaer

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just heard that Filppula might be back for Wednesday and that they are practising with these lines:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Abdelkader - Andersson - Cleary

Eaves

That top 6 looks not bad at all.

Edited by robb himself