• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyquistfan14

Nyquist reassigned to GR

Rate this topic

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings have reassigned Gustav Nyquist to Grand Rapids. Per khan

Anyone think this is to make room for helm?

You bet your ass it is. Nyquist got another taste. I wish him and Tatar made up 2/3 of the 3rd line with Helm at centre, but hey, there's always next year once some fat is trimmed. Either way, it's definitely a sign that Helm is on his way.

Happy to have helm back but too bad it's at the expense of nyquist. I mean in all honesty helm should be playing with nyquist and Tatar to make up the deadliest 3rd line in hockey

Apparently we were typing the same thing at the same time on the same Bat channel. Nice.

One period. IMO a summer of hard training will help Tatar and Nyquist. They both have all of the skills, but a little more strength on the puck and in the corners would help them immensely.

Especially Nyquist. Tatar looked better at holding on to the puck. Nyquist definitely looked like he needed to add some more muscle. He's got the skills, but he needs to bulk up to be more effective on the cycle.

Apparently we were typing the same thing at the same time on the same Bat channel. Nice.

Haha. Well it's true I think that line would dominate other teams bottom six. Could be a difference maker. Who knows maybe we see it in the playoffs when there's no roster limit

Can't wait for Helm. Having him and Tootoo in the line-up at the same time will give us a physical presence we haven't seen since probably 2008. Should be fun to watch.

Let's not get carried away now. Yes getting Helm back is nice, but he is not physical. he is fast. Very fast and a good checker. But he isn't much of a scorer nor is he physical. Helm is all about the speed.

Let's not get carried away now. Yes getting Helm back is nice, but he is not physical. he is fast. Very fast and a good checker. But he isn't much of a scorer nor is he physical. Helm is all about the speed.

Helm is physical in the sense that he can rag the puck in the corners and is a huge hitter.

Your right in a sense that helm isn't a guy that's gonna kill guys using the body, but he does finish all his checks. The thing I notice with Helm is that he creates so many turnovers with his speed and aggression. That's why I keep saying him with Nyquist and Tatar would be lethal because those guys got the skill to do things with those turnovers

Helm is physical in the sense that he can rag the puck in the corners and is a huge hitter.

We will have to disagree. Helm hits, a lot. But these are not teeth rattling hits. He causes great fear amoung Dmen because of his speed. He will hit you, cause a lose puck and then get to it. All of which is great. But he is not a guy that Dmen worry about getting hurt/beat up/battered etc..... over.

That being said, welcome back Helm.

Kind of weird that we send down Tatar and Nyquist but leave up Andersson? Who would've guessed Andersson would be the one to stay up the longest?

Also weird to think that Nyquist got 7 points in 18 games last year and was talked about like he was the second coming, and Andersson puts up 7 in 19 and nobody talks about it. While on the fourth line. I'm not saying Andersson is better than Nyquist, just saying that I was even surprised to read that stat line. Seems like I haven't noticed Andersson much (which is not a bad thing for his type of player), but he's been effective. But on paper he's been just as effective as Tatar, who I enjoy watching. Stat-wise he's almost identical to Tatar, which caught me by surprise.

No way should Andersson get scratched. I was at the game in Vancouver Saturday night and the player that stood out the most to me (other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg) was Andersson. The guy was winning faceoffs, blocking shots, back checking, stealing the puck playing like a defensive phenom and creating scoring chances. It was a treat to watch. This guy should be our permanent 4th line center when Helm returns.

Guest Playmaker

I like Helm as much as the next person, but it isn't like we're getting Pavel Dastyuk back in the lineup or Lidstrom decided to unretire. He's good at his role, which is a bottom six forward, but acting like he's the key to entire season seems a bit overblown to me. If he is, not saying much about our top 6.

Guest Crymson

Haha. Well done! I never thought of using that video.

how many shifts did Nyquist have with Datsyuk? less than 10

One period. IMO a summer of hard training will help Tatar and Nyquist. They both have all of the skills, but a little more strength on the puck and in the corners would help them immensely.

Nyquist dearly needs to add some muscle mass to his frame before he can play against top opposition. He's just too slight at the moment.

Is this some kind of joke, or have you just not seen Helm play?

He's been a physical player ever since he first hit NHL ice in 2008.

I like Helm as much as the next person, but it isn't like we're getting Pavel Dastyuk back in the lineup or Lidstrom decided to unretire. He's good at his role, which is a bottom six forward, but acting like he's the key to entire season seems a bit overblown to me. If he is, not saying much about our top 6.

I agree but HOPEFULLY this will also mean we have a stronger bottom 2 lines and just as importantly: our penalty kill.