• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Well honestly he stopped whining after that meltdown and just fought through it. As for Kane, he looks so calm and dangerous with the puck, and invisible without the puck. If that kid had a two way game I'd consider him elite.

I don't know, he still did some little things that bothered me. That sly trip on Anderson near the end of the 3rd (CBC mentioned it), his reaction to the no goal. Nothing major but when you add it to the earlier stuff from the series it kind of leaves a bad taste. I agree about Kane every time he had the puck in the offensive zone he was doing something silky smooth.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

LOL.

You've been reading my posts over the years, Ryan. But you have to be more subtle.

Just say that Carey Price would have made that last save.

hahah i could never post like you.

im only kidding with the years of disappointment for the red wings. if anything, they will only get better. :)

although i still stand with crosby > datsyuk :sneaky:

I don't know, he still did some little things that bothered me. That sly trip on Anderson near the end of the 3rd (CBC mentioned it), his reaction to the no goal. Nothing major but when you add it to the earlier stuff from the series it kind of leaves a bad taste. I agree about Kane every time he had the puck in the offensive zone he was doing something silky smooth.

I guess, it just seemed more normal to me compared to the crap he did earlier in the series. It'll be interesting to see how he acts against LA.

I see so many people blaming kronner and howie for the ot goal... that just is dumb, it was bad luck plain and simple, it is not kronwalls fault for trying to get in front of a shot and block it, that is a normal play any dman would make, but his stick deflected it and howie didn't save it, plain and simple, we played 20 minutes tonight, not 60 like the hawks, therefor the hawks deserved the win

BTW, would anyone else feel a little worse about winning because of the waved off goal earlier?

I'd have to hear that for the rest of my life from Hawks fans.

nope, I wouldn't even care. The inconsistency in reffing this series was atrocious, we got called on a lot of ridiculous stupid stuff, and the refs missed a whole hell of a lot of dirty plays by chicago. Obviously it goes both ways, but I would have no issue with winning after they waved off a good goal, Lord knows Homer put in his dues in that regard over the years

The NHL in the offseason, needs to take a good look at how this game is offciated. Penalties need to be black or white again. I really don't remember refs beings this bad in the past. The players never adapted to the post lockout rules the refs have just decided when to call it a penalty. If the league really wanted to eliminate all this clutching and grabbing they would call it everytime it occurred. Then the players would truly have to adjust.

I see so many people blaming kronner and howie for the ot goal... that just is dumb, it was bad luck plain and simple, it is not kronwalls fault for trying to get in front of a shot and block it, that is a normal play any dman would make, but his stick deflected it and howie didn't save it, plain and simple, we played 20 minutes tonight, not 60 like the hawks, therefor the hawks deserved the win

I do think Seabrook was allowed into the zone too easily, especially since he was the only Hawk there.

Three guys essentially just watching him, and a lazy backcheck from someone to boot.

I do think Seabrook was allowed into the zone too easily, especially since he was the only Hawk there.

Three guys essentially just watching him, and a lazy backcheck from someone to boot.

Agreed, but Kronwall did what he could, if he went for the check and missed Seabrook is all alone there, the Nyquist was taken out of thhe play, everyone else was no where to be found

Agreed, but Kronwall did what he could, if he went for the check and missed Seabrook is all alone there, the Nyquist was taken out of thhe play, everyone else was no where to be found

Yeah, I'll look at it on the next replay.

Someone was coming on the backcheck, but they were too late. Don't know if it was Nyquist.

Also, I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg were too busy with the Hawks star players, and hence didn't have as much on the other end of the ice. I sure miss having a Draper or Helm playing against the other team's top stars, rather than having our own offensive players doing it.

Datsyuk especially looked like he had nothing on his shot late in the series.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Im not liking the over payment for Howard this season and the length of it. I also think its over due for Detroit to part ways with Fil and Franzen. Bad thing is there is nothing good to get this offseason from the UFA, to get quality players we would have to make some trades. Holland has not impressed me since 2008 Cup run. Abby killed us in game 5 in Chicago, his timing for penalties is really bad, send him to a rival so we can take advantage of his costly mistakes. I also think next year is the last we see Dats in the Winged wheel, so with that 1 more decent year left for a cup run, will we do something with our core to do it then?

Sure, a bad bounce makes him terrible. No matter that NBC spent the entire series praising him.

Plenty more than a bad bounce. Lets not forget that he was part of the awfull line change that led to the first goal. Chicago never gets that shot off in overtime if he actually goes out to challenge a DEFENSEMAN carrying the puck. Instead he backs off allowing the line to be gained and an uncontested shot from the slot while creating a screen and chance for a deflection. Being praised by the muppets on NBC pretty much proves how poor he was playing.

I know that the team went much farther than anyone thought they would, but blowing a 3 games to 1 lead and then losing in OT in game 7 is still very disappointing. I really believed that they were going to beat the Hawks. I can't stand the Hawks, so losing to them is like losing to the Penguins. I am really hoping for a Kings and Bruins final.

Yeah, I'll look at it on the next replay.

Someone was coming on the backcheck, but they were too late. Don't know if it was Nyquist.

Also, I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg were too busy with the Hawks star players, and hence didn't have as much on the other end of the ice. I sure miss having a Draper or Helm playing against the other team's top stars, rather than having our own offensive players doing it.

Datsyuk especially looked like he had nothing on his shot late in the series.

Cleary was on the back check right behind Seabrook. But it was a quick turn around play and Cleary shouldn't be faulted for anything.

I think that everyone is quite disappointed that the Wings blew a 3-1 series lead. But did you watch the season opener against the Blues? That game was like watching an NHL team playing an ECHL team. Did you watch the Hawks blow away the Wings in Game 1 of this series and for the most part everyone wrote this series off as a Hawk’s sweep?

This season has been the roller coaster season that probably nobody could have ever predicted. You have to remember that the Wings had to win their last four games of the season because the Wild and Jackets did the same thing. The Wings also lost their two top D in the off season.

I've been a fan for over 20 years (and I have probably watched more games than most of you on this forum) and I have never witnessed the adversity that this team has gone through this year with the loss of top players and the injuries that basically kept two of the top six forwards out for the whole shortened season.

This team didn't lose any assets at the trade deadline and still pushed into a Game 7 in the second round of the playoffs. Not too shabby if you ask me. Going forward, the Wings can get rid of a few contracts and have the picks for a few trades, and have some cap room to improve a younger team that is only going to improve with the opportunities that they have been given this season and into the playoffs. The future looks quite bright for the Wings.

Howie had no shot after the deflection. Nothing he could do. Kronner could have played that 100% better though. He backed up as if Kane was coming at him. It was Seabrook. Get up on him and prevent him from getting a shot off. Hes not going to beat you 1v1.

they were doing this all game, letting them not just gain the blue but all the way to the top of the face off circles. it was ridiculous. and it came back to bite us.

Such a disappointing game. I lost it when the hawks scored in overtime. I just wish Helmer and Danny D had been in there for this round. The last three games there was no grit or energy it seemed like. I'm still pissed but what can you do. I want next season to start already. I wasn't ready for it to end, I love watching this team.

Only in Detroit can people find a way to be proud of failure. Then again, what else do we have? We had our proverbial foot on their throat and failed to finish it off. Failed. Failure. Failing. Get it? You all saw the games and if thats the kind of performance, coaching and effort you can be proud of (games 5 and 6 in particular), then I bet you probably Applebees is a gourmet restaurant, the new Dodge Dart is a BMW M series and Hazel Park is the Hamptons.