• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Dreger: Filppula looking for $5.5m/season over at least 7 years

Rate this topic

this silence is making me nervous. i am going to lose it if Flip is resigned and Bunner isnt

It sounds like we lost Filp (as expected) and still in talks with Cleary and Brunner.

From Freep today:

General manager Ken Holland is scheduled to meet today with Daniel Cleary, one of three Wings leaning toward unrestricted free-agent status. Valtteri Filppula wants to test the market. Discussions have been ongoing with Damien Brunner.

I really didn't think it was going to take this long to sign Brunner, but I guess he really wants that long-term deal. In the same article they make it seem that Vinny is going to Dallas also.

Filppula isn't a big net front presence, obviously, but he never shys away from battling for the puck in the corners. In fact, his skill for battling along the boards is one of his best traits.

This doesn't sound like the Fil I have watched. He stays away from the rough stuff. He's a 3 or 3.5 a year guy or a 3rd line center on a team that has a greater likelihood to go deep into the playoffs.

Filppula isn't a big net front presence, obviously, but he never shys away from battling for the puck in the corners. In fact, his skill for battling along the boards is one of his best traits.

This doesn't sound like the Fil I have watched. He stays away from the rough stuff. He's a 3 or 3.5 a year guy or a 3rd line center on a team that has a greater likelihood to go deep into the playoffs.

Agreed I wish him nothing but the best success although I think a team trying to reach the cap floor is going to overpay for him. This is his payday and I don't blame him for wanting to cash in.

ken holland should of traded fippula ages ago , another asset lost for nothing , not even negotiating rights traded after the season i dont know what the hell hes doing , was he planning to blackmail him into changing his mind and signing for 3 mill a yr instead of 5?? everyone knew he was testing the market ... such a waste

jim nill cost us nicushkin at the draft (knew he wouldnt go past 10 when i saw dallas up )

and now i predict he will sign all or 2 of filppula brunner and cleary

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

ken holland should of traded fippula ages ago , another asset lost for nothing , not even negotiating rights traded after the season i dont know what the hell hes doing , was he planning to blackmail him into changing his mind and signing for 3 mill a yr instead of 5?? everyone knew he was testing the market ... such a waste

As others have said here, it seems like Flip has made it pretty obvious that he wants to test the market. I don't know realistically how much leverage Kenny had to flip (lol) his rights for a pick...

jim nill cost us nicushkin at the draft (knew he wouldnt go past 10 when i saw dallas up )

Did you think Jim nill would magically try to make his team worse so we could better our team?

As others have said here, it seems like Flip has made it pretty obvious that he wants to test the market. I don't know realistically how much leverage Kenny had to flip (lol) his rights for a pick...

could of tried weeks ago at the least for a late pick or traded him at the deadline we all knew he was gone , didnt expect him to be a greedy dillusional f*ck ... he is so going to dallas with jim nill and the lower taxes there for around 4 mil

could of tried weeks ago at the least for a late pick or traded him at the deadline we all knew he was gone , didnt expect him to be a greedy dillusional f*ck ... he is so going to dallas with jim nill and the lower taxes there for around 4 mil

Flip has every right to test the market-not everybody can be a franchise player. Do I think he is severely overestimating his worth? You betcha. Do I think some team will be willing to bend over and let Flip put it in any hole he wants? Absolutely. Flip seems like he's all about the $, and those are the type of players that don't break my heart when they leave (with the exception of Fedorov but we won't mention that now that i have successfully completed therapy). It's unfortunate that we're not getting anything in return for him, but I understand why Kenny didn't want to pull the trigger earlier.

Best of luck Flip. Hope I don't see you back here in 6 years...

Guest The Axe

Great. Bye. Now tell me Cleary wants to test the waters too and make me REALLY happy.

Cleary is worth 2 million.

I'd much rather watch Cleary earn his money from afar where I can see him on NHL Tonight every once in a while having a puck glance off him and he gets credit for it or the other team scores off one of his turnovers. Enough. There are tons of young players who could do more with his ice time.

Story of Filppula on LGW: People don't want him to resign, but also get pissed at him for not wanting to resign.

It's moreso people being pissed that he expects 7yrs at $5.5mil when he doesn't produce anywhere near what that contract would suggest. I love Filppula, always have, but good riddance.

Does anyone think that Grabovski may be a good replacement for Philppula? There was an unsubstantiated rumor in "Sovetski Sport" - a Russian sports paper - that Detroit is in talks with Toronto about Grabovski. He's signed till 2017 for 5.5 mil. with a limited NTC. With Kadri's progress, Grabovski may have become expendable.

Does anyone think that Grabovski may be a good replacement for Philppula? There was an unsubstantiated rumor in "Sovetski Sport" - a Russian sports paper - that Detroit is in talks with Toronto about Grabovski. He's signed till 2017 for 5.5 mil. with a limited NTC. With Kadri's progress, Grabovski may have become expendable.

Leaf fans seem ready to get rid of him, that's all I've seen.

I doubt that ALL the teams picking between 11 and 18 would have passed on Nichushkin.