• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

San Jose Sharks decide to use practice jerseys from now on...

Rate this topic

The San Jose Sharks unveiled their new home and away uniforms today. And if you ask me, they look like cheap practice jerseys. Gone are the shoulder caps, and the stripes around the waist.

10212755900_slide.jpg

SJS_WEB_NewJerseyHome_950x741v2.jpgSJS_WEB_NewJerseyAway_950x741.jpg
According to their website...

The Next Wave jerseys were designed for optimal performance on the ice. The jerseys use the Reebok Play-Dry Stretch Fabric for comfort and for temperature control. To decrease the weight of the jersey, the black/teal shoulder cap was removed. The popular jumping Shark patch will remain on the shoulder. Even more weight was cut out by removing the stripes on the body of the jersey.

The home jersey look is clean, focusing on the Sharks primary color, Pacific Teal. Orange accents were removed from the lettering and numbering as well as the arm stripes. The classic crest logo will still be the centerpiece of the jersey.

To complete a classic look, neckline lacing was added and neckline striping was removed.
Clean, classic, bold and designed for performance, the Next Wave jerseys will help take the Sharks to the next level this season and many to come.

That's right, folks. The Sharks have been classic under-performers because those jerseys just weighed too darn much. So they're using practice jerseys from here on out because that will take them to the next level...

Hahaha - what idiots. I thought the orange piping on the numbers and the shoulder caps looked really good. This is definitely a step backwards. The Oilers and Leafs learned that stripes at the bottom of the jerseys were necessary a couple of years ago - seems like San Jose wasn't paying attention. Brutal.

I love how everyone hates on these jerseys for being so plain... our jerseys are even more plain... take the stripe off the arm on the wings jerseys and you basically have the wings practice jerseys

Well if you take off something from a Jersey it will look different. The point is, there isn't anything on those Sharks jerseys making them stand out from only ones used for practise.

Somehow this jersey thing has gotten out of hand the Stars had a perfect one some years and yet they have decided to make it worse every year. If it'snot broken don't fix it, why is that so hard to understand for some nhl teams?

The Wings jersey is fine, the colors are grisp and sharp, it's clean and not overloaded.

Edited by frankgrimes

Well if you take off something from a Jersey it will look different. The point is, there isn't anything on those Sharks jerseys making them stand out from only ones used for practise. Somehow this jersey thing has gotten out of hand the Stars had a perfect one some years and yet they have decided to make it worse every year. If it'snot broken don't fix it, why is that so hard to understand for some nhl teams? The Wings jersey is fine, the colors are grisp and sharp, it's clean and not overloaded.

I love the wings jerseys, my point is they are very plain aswell. They look great which is why they haven't changed them, but they are plain.

I love how everyone hates on these jerseys for being so plain... our jerseys are even more plain... take the stripe off the arm on the wings jerseys and you basically have the wings practice jerseys

Except our uniforms are awesome.

I was never a fan of this new feel-good cartoony logo & scheme. They're the Sharks; they should be kinda menacing-ish, not fruity.

To expand on the our-uniforms-are-awesome point: there's good simple...and there's bad simple. Good simple is elegant, powerful, "classic." Bad simple is, "Oh, look, a marketing gimmick." This is the latter.

Except our uniforms are awesome.

I was never a fan of this new feel-good cartoony logo & scheme. They're the Sharks; they should be kinda menacing-ish, not fruity.

agreed about the cartoon shark, should be more vicious looking. and yes our uniforms are awesome, but they are plain, which was my point, not that they weren't awesome. If people want to complain the sharks jerseys are ugly, cartoon like or whatever, fine. But complaining about how plain their jerseys are, when ours are just as plain, or even more plain is like saying "eww why would someone buy a black car?', while you drive by in your black truck

I actually like these more than their previous iteration. I'd like to see waist piping, but there was entirely too much going on up top before. While they are still quite busy around the chest and shoulders, it at least helps to alleviate some of that.

agreed about the cartoon shark, should be more vicious looking. and yes our uniforms are awesome, but they are plain, which was my point, not that they weren't awesome. If people want to complain the sharks jerseys are ugly, cartoon like or whatever, fine. But complaining about how plain their jerseys are, when ours are just as plain, or even more plain is like saying "eww why would someone buy a black car?', while you drive by in your black truck

I don't think people are looking at them and complain only because they are plain, more like the whole concept seems off. I kinda like the shark logo sure he could look more vicious but jersexy it self looks out of place there aren't any standout details (you don't need a overloaded jersey to accomplish that).

I think giving them a grisp white look combined with the sharks green and some fine details here and there would have been the way to go.

I think when teams change jerseys it's an attempt raise merchandise revenue. I don't think it will work with stars fans if they have taste. I don't about san jose. it looks a little likre a football jersey with the waist.

Yeah I guess if merchandise is the reason behind all this, they should either modify it lightly (such as the Leafs are doing it), or just leave them alone and only change the numbers of the players. Who in his right mind is going to buy a new jersey every year even if we exclude the fact that they are looking worse in most cases.

is it really necessary to have a players number on their jersey in 4 places and on their helmet in 2?

as far as the design i am fine with it. would have liked to see some piping around the waist as that part looks bland, but overall they seem fine. i am with euro_twins, as a fan base we shoudnt be bashing them for being plain or like practice jerseys as the wings are the same way.

I'm sorry, but it gets tiresome when so many people automatically think the Wings' jerseys are the best just because we are fans of the team. Like anything else, we can try to say, no, honestly, I think they are the best, but as fans, it is impossible to be objective.

I'm not a fan of the Sharks' jerseys either, but I'm not about to make fun of them because they are going to these, basically using practice jerseys. That makes no sense to me. If you don't like the jerseys, that's more about personal preference.

If you are really concerned about them looking simply like practice jerseys, if you have a look at the Wings' jerseys, they are more similar to their practice jerseys than the Sharks. In fact, some might make the argument that the Wings' game jerseys are more "simple" than the practice jerseys. But that's okay because they are "classic" right?

I'm digging the laces round the collar, very 90s :lol:

Sorry, "classic"

Are you being sarcastic when you suggest "classic" when it really only relates to the 90s? Hard to tell. Reason I ask is because laces were used by a lot of teams back in the 50s, 60s, use in the 90s was a throw back thing.

I don't see the big deal. The jerseys won't win any "Awesome Jersey" competition, but they're not the most hideous we've ever seen in the NHL. This generates a big "meh" from me.

But it does get annoying how some teams change their jerseys every year and say it'll magically make them better.