• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

There has been a lot of negativity on LGW surrounding the Wings lately, so with Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought we could all post some things we are thankful for as in regards to the Detroit Red wings Franchise.
I'll Start off with one and leave the rest up to you.

I'm thankful for the team's move to the Eastern Conference or we would be struggling to keep the playoff streak alive.

What are you guys Thankful for?

Edited by wings87, 23 November 2013 - 11:26 AM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#2 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'm thankful for a team that is so consistently good that our problem for the past 22 years is figuring out deeper playoff runs, instead of just how to get into the playoffs.

I'm also thankful for the ability to laugh at those who don't think that's good enough.

#3 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

That we have the most amazing player to watch in Datsyuk

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#4 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

that goose and tots are actually dressed

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#5 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

...that this franchise has provided fans with so many allstars

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#6 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Thank God for Mike Illitch.... It all starts with him!

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

My family are Wings fans.  The last thing my dad and I did together before he passed was attend a Wings game.  My mom and sister and I will be going to another game this spring.  I've met some seriously wonderful people here on LGW.

I'm thankful for the fun and good times I've had rooting for the Wings.  Sure, it could have been another team, with another website and another set of people, but I'm thankful that I have come into contact with the fans of one of the most storied franchises in sports.

I'm thankful that I'm now living in this internet age where I can get to "know" the players via media that wasn't available some years ago.  I'm thankful that the players and coaches take the time for interviews for us, and that we can see and hear all about them year-round.

I'm also thankful that they don't seriously suck any more.

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

I am thankful for the loser point.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm thankful for the internet where I can laugh and ***** with other Wings about this team with fans from around the world.  You guys are the greatest. 

#10 Bramsy

Bramsy

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

i'm thankful for you guys.. i lurk (look at my post count), and i enjoy reading all the stuff you guys bicker about n' stuff.

i'm just thankful i'm from Detroit (suburb) and i get to call my home team(s) the Wings, Lions, Tigers and Pistons!

nothing witty

#11 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

My thanksgiving was in October, but I'm thankful that goose gave babs and Holland the proverbial middle finger within 17 seconds of his first game :)

#12 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm also thankful that we have a baby goalie that will be ready here in the near future :goalie:

#13 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

I am thankful my father turned down a promotion which would have involved a move from Detroit to Pittsburgh when I was a kid.

#14 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

As much as i enjoy a good bickering, im thankful for LGW. My favorite website, im on here on my phone all day. Certianly is great to have a place to constantly and exclusively talk about my favorite thing. I love all you guys and i love this team.

#15 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

My thanksgiving was in October, but I'm thankful that goose gave babs and Holland the proverbial middle finger within 17 seconds of his first game :)

Excellent. The only question now is will The Ginga Ninja be referred to as secondary scoring or primary scoring?

#16 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm also thankful that we have a baby goalie that will be ready here in the near future :goalie:

Mrazek? I...wouldn't get overly attached to him; I think there's a reasonable chance he won't be with us for very long.

Excellent. The only question now is will The Ginga Ninja be referred to as secondary scoring or primary scoring?

Wait, who's The Ginga Ninja??? Nyquist? He's not a ginger, is he? Or are you talking about Alfie? I'M SO CONFUSED. EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

EDIT: Wait, you're right - he IS a ginger! But, in my defense, he looks kinda borderline.

Edited by Dabura, 23 November 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#17 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Nyquist is, isn't he? I mean not like mule or Sedins, but...enough to make it a perfect nickname, yeah?

He plays too much like a ninja and looks enough like a Ginga...so, yeah, he's our awesome Ginga Ninja.

Just watched his post game interview: What a class act. He is pure class and bad ass.

Edited by T.Low, 23 November 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#18 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Mrazek? I...wouldn't get overly attached to him; I think there's a reasonable chance he won't be with us for very long.

Wait, who's The Ginga Ninja??? Nyquist? He's not a ginger, is he? Or are you talking about Alfie? I'M SO CONFUSED. EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

EDIT: Wait, you're right - he IS a ginger! But, in my defense, he looks kinda borderline.

I think he will be.  I think Holland would be even a bigger fool if he let him get away because I've watched Jake Patterson and he isn't even at the level Petr was when he was in the OHL. :thumbdown:

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 23 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#19 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'm thankful for Helm's return and that his back problems didn't damage his career permanently. 

I'm thankful that we aren't all Panthers or Flames fans or have to deal with that level of team management. 

I'm thankful to Hockeytown and FlashyG providing such awesome GDT's consistently and that Abdelkader makes such a good woman for the sake of humor. 

I'm thankful for beer and pizza.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#20 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

I think he will be.  I think Holland would be even a bigger fool if he let him get away because I've watched Jake Patterson and he isn't even at the level Petr was when he was in the OHL. :thumbdown:

Mrazek played on a better team in the O...Patterson will be just fine with a decent defense in front of him

Edited by PumpkinEscobar, 23 November 2013 - 04:11 PM.