• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wings87

What I'm thankful for...

Rate this topic

There has been a lot of negativity on LGW surrounding the Wings lately, so with Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought we could all post some things we are thankful for as in regards to the Detroit Red wings Franchise.

I'll Start off with one and leave the rest up to you.

I'm thankful for the team's move to the Eastern Conference or we would be struggling to keep the playoff streak alive.

What are you guys Thankful for?

Edited by wings87

I'm thankful for a team that is so consistently good that our problem for the past 22 years is figuring out deeper playoff runs, instead of just how to get into the playoffs.

I'm also thankful for the ability to laugh at those who don't think that's good enough.

My family are Wings fans. The last thing my dad and I did together before he passed was attend a Wings game. My mom and sister and I will be going to another game this spring. I've met some seriously wonderful people here on LGW.

I'm thankful for the fun and good times I've had rooting for the Wings. Sure, it could have been another team, with another website and another set of people, but I'm thankful that I have come into contact with the fans of one of the most storied franchises in sports.

I'm thankful that I'm now living in this internet age where I can get to "know" the players via media that wasn't available some years ago. I'm thankful that the players and coaches take the time for interviews for us, and that we can see and hear all about them year-round.

I'm also thankful that they don't seriously suck any more.

My thanksgiving was in October, but I'm thankful that goose gave babs and Holland the proverbial middle finger within 17 seconds of his first game :)

Excellent. The only question now is will The Ginga Ninja be referred to as secondary scoring or primary scoring?

I'm also thankful that we have a baby goalie that will be ready here in the near future :goalie:

Mrazek? I...wouldn't get overly attached to him; I think there's a reasonable chance he won't be with us for very long.

Excellent. The only question now is will The Ginga Ninja be referred to as secondary scoring or primary scoring?

Wait, who's The Ginga Ninja??? Nyquist? He's not a ginger, is he? Or are you talking about Alfie? I'M SO CONFUSED. EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

EDIT: Wait, you're right - he IS a ginger! But, in my defense, he looks kinda borderline.

Edited by Dabura

Nyquist is, isn't he? I mean not like mule or Sedins, but...enough to make it a perfect nickname, yeah?

He plays too much like a ninja and looks enough like a Ginga...so, yeah, he's our awesome Ginga Ninja.

Just watched his post game interview: What a class act. He is pure class and bad ass.

Edited by T.Low

Mrazek? I...wouldn't get overly attached to him; I think there's a reasonable chance he won't be with us for very long.

Wait, who's The Ginga Ninja??? Nyquist? He's not a ginger, is he? Or are you talking about Alfie? I'M SO CONFUSED. EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

EDIT: Wait, you're right - he IS a ginger! But, in my defense, he looks kinda borderline.

I think he will be. I think Holland would be even a bigger fool if he let him get away because I've watched Jake Patterson and he isn't even at the level Petr was when he was in the OHL. :thumbdown:

Edited by Hockeymom1960

I'm thankful for Helm's return and that his back problems didn't damage his career permanently.

I'm thankful that we aren't all Panthers or Flames fans or have to deal with that level of team management.

I'm thankful to Hockeytown and FlashyG providing such awesome GDT's consistently and that Abdelkader makes such a good woman for the sake of humor.

I'm thankful for beer and pizza.

I think he will be. I think Holland would be even a bigger fool if he let him get away because I've watched Jake Patterson and he isn't even at the level Petr was when he was in the OHL. :thumbdown:

Mrazek played on a better team in the O...Patterson will be just fine with a decent defense in front of him Edited by PumpkinEscobar

Mrazek played on a better team in the O...Patterson will be just fine with a decent defense in front of him[/quote

I realize this is a thankful thread but I will respectfully disagree with your assumptions of Jake because I've watched him. Jake isnt anything special. Anyway back to our regular programming.

Edited by Hockeymom1960