• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NyquistianDeke

Datsyuk concussion: To Return Tuesday

Rate this topic

Is it wrong of me being more pissed about the non reaction to the Pasha incident than the loss? Having a hard time, liking this team now.

Anyway 6 days from now, thats what I want to see:

Not that anyone necessarily would have done anything, but because of the position of Cowen when he elbowed Datsyuk, I don't think anyone could really see what happened.

Let's just hope that this is for precautionary reasons.

Get well Dats!!

Well, he used The Words ("the protocol"), so it looks like that's exactly what it is.

And, really, for Dats to say he feels...fuzzy (if that is indeed what he was going for)...it's the right call.

Maybe someone steps up in his absence. (Stop laughing! It could happen!)

Lets get used to this BS, with Boston, Toronto, Philly, Ottawa... this is the way they are going to play and beat us.

Bring McGrattan

Haha, you're being optimistic here. Teams don't need to get all chippy to beat the Red Wings. Just playing regular old hockey will do. But it does make me feel better to think that teams will have to do something special to beat us, rather than just show up and wait for our team to blow the game late in the third.

Just here to post the obligatory "See what happens when we don't have a tough guy" comment.

esteef

See above.

Haha, you're being optimistic here. Teams don't need to get all chippy to beat the Red Wings. Just playing regular old hockey will do. But it does make me feel better to think that teams will have to do something special to beat us, rather than just show up and wait for our team to blow the game late in the third.

See above.

Todd McLellan and Paul MacLean know exactly how to beat us. Play physical and intimidate, it's worked for years.

esteef

Todd McLellan and Paul MacLean know exactly how to beat us. Play physical and intimidate, it's worked for years.

esteef

Apparently there are lots of ways to beat this team, since we can't seem to buy a win no matter how the other team plays. Last night was the first really physical game we've played and we lost. But the zillion games we lost before that really didn't hinge on physicality. I agree that we got beat up last night, but it's not like that's a sure fire way to beat us. We lose no matter what style the other team plays.

Not that Pav can be replaced, but the Wings are going to play yet another game a forward short tonight. Holland's cap management has left them with no extra forwards or d-men.

Well I'm not gonna defend Hollands cap management because it's a joke, however Alfie is ready to go tonight so we're gonna be fine for forwards.

WTF is wrong with this team??? Their top player and arguably the best in the world gets elbowed in the head and not one sorry ass player does anything about it. I don't care if there is a suspension or not what i want to see is the team stand up for themselves and one another at the point when the incident happens, there is something fundamentally wrong with this team and their principles. Illitch should just relocate them to Sweden and let them play over there and Holland will be the happiest man alive. Im sorry to derail the thread but it infuriates me to watch this team and their complete lack of heart and toughness.

Just remember, the one person who would have stood up for him got demoted to GR because they absolutely had to have Cleary here. And now look at what it has cost us. Just get well quick, sweetie...that's all we can ask.

You guys...I love bench clearing brawl-filled rivalries as much as the next guy, but Ottawa is the only team I can remember doing this. The East hasn't been some big, bad, enforcer-filled battle for the Wings. We lose fair and square most nights.

Yep, best not to address a glaring need on this team for years. Better to continue to sweep it under the rug and hope nobody notices.

esteef

The nastiest enforcer Kenny can and should find. There are some really mean SOBs in the AHL, they are just waiting for a call to play on a NHL team.

Hopefully Tootoo will be in the lineup for the next Sens game

Hopefully Tootoo will be in the lineup for the next Sens game

Nah not Tootoot he doesn't stand a chance against Neil or "Kassasian" someone like McGarattan, McIntyre or Scott is needed.

Unbelievable what a bunch of standarounds this team has become (thanks Kenny), back in the days you hit our captain and boom that happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgaTGP1th0A#t=386

Nah not Tootoot he doesn't stand a chance against Neil or "Kassasian" someone like McGarattan, McIntyre or Scott is needed.

Unbelievable what a bunch of standarounds this team has become (thanks Kenny), back in the days you hit our captain and boom that happened:

Man, McCarty getting up and pointing to him and saying "You're ******* dead" Ah, the good ole days /nostalgia

I miss these days, truly was the golden era. I don't think the Wings will ever find a player that played the role as well as Mccarty. Which is a shame because they could damn well use one.

You know Keczmer had to be crapping his pants when Kocur was going after him.

Fun to see Yzerman getting his own retribution against a scrub player for taking a run at him.

I miss these days, truly was the golden era. I don't think the Wings will ever find a player that played the role as well as Mccarty. Which is a shame because they could damn well use one.

I think there are still guys like that outthere, man watching such good old school DRW videos is really hard, it's night and day between the team today and these in the good old days.

You know Keczmer had to be crapping his pants when Kocur was going after him.

Fun to see Yzerman getting his own retribution against a scrub player for taking a run at him.

I just love seeing Stevie getting his retribution but man Keczmer looked like he almost ... in his pants when Kocur pointed at him

Edited by frankgrimes

Whooo hooo now THAT was an entertaining game!