• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Per Official Detroit Red Wings (via Facebook)

Sorry, no link. My Interwebs are partially broken.

Glenfiddich most likely to replace Emmerton on the forth line. I wonder if Eaves is in for Sammy, Cleary or Bert?

edit: link

http://kuklaskorner....eaves-glendenin

Edited by rick zombo, 13 December 2013 - 01:56 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#2 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Please god let eaves be in for cleary...

#3 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Good start. Would love to see Almquist or another defensemen get a shot though

#4 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

All I can say is good, the love affair with Emmerton has to end.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

All I can say is good, the love affair with Emmerton has to end.

That's a poor choice of words. Emmerton's only in the line-up because of injuries. He most certainly has no future in Detroit and that's generally understood by everyone.

You want to talk love affairs? There are more obvious guys to target.

Edited by rick zombo, 13 December 2013 - 02:53 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

That's a poor choice of words. Emmerton's only in the line-up because of injuries. He most certainly has no future in Detroit and that's generally understood by everyone.

You want to talk love affairs? There are more obvious guys to target.

Wasn't targeting him, its just that we had to suffer through his play last year and I just don't want to do it again. When Z went down Glendening was a better choice and yet Emmerton still got the call over him. As far as the obvious guys I get your point but they have been beaten on enough no point to keep harping on them. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

The only reason Emmerton was called up is because his was the cheapest salary and the only one they could fit under the cap.  With Z on LTIR (and possibly Howard to follow) and having done nothing of note, there was no reason to keep him up.

OTOH, the call up of Glendenning is baffling.  Callahan and Sheahan are out of options next season, so why we wouldn't call them up to get a good look at them I don't know.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

The only reason Emmerton was called up is because his was the cheapest salary and the only one they could fit under the cap.  With Z on LTIR (and possibly Howard to follow) and having done nothing of note, there was no reason to keep him up.

OTOH, the call up of Glendenning is baffling.  Callahan and Sheahan are out of options next season, so why we wouldn't call them up to get a good look at them I don't know.

Are they any good in shootouts?

In other news... EAVES!!!!! :yowza:

#9 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I agree completely with Nev, not entirely sure what the mind set is here. 

In regards to the call ups, I don't see any reason why we don't play the game with a 4th line of Eaves, Glendening, Sammy with Cleary the odd man out. Then again, logic hasn't quite lived up to expectations thus far so who knows.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#10 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

OMG they finally send emmerton back down but instead of calling up callahan/sheahan/ferraro up to see what they can do (since there out of waiver options next season) they call up glendening and eaves??!!

what the hell's up with all this glendening love , hes a reliable 4th line player, but those type of players are a dime a dozen , hes not gonna score and neither is eaves and detroit desperatly needs GOALS

6'2 sheahan could of contributed , speedy ferraro , agitating callahan ... alot of fans been asking for nyquist and tatar here since last season and there finally up and easily 2 of our best forwards ... this just frustrating

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 13 December 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I can't say definitively that Ferraro will never make the NHL, because I don't follow him that closely.  But every time I do read about him, the article is about how he's underperforming or not quite the all around player needed to make the NHL.  With so many (almost) sure-fire hits in the pipeline, I wouldn't spend much time giving Ferraro a chance.

I guess Sheahan could have been called up, but Glendening has done very well since he's up here. I'm not sure Sheahan would perform any better at this moment.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

whoa! Someone said this exact scenario should happen in the last GDT...kudos to you and your psychic abilities!

I think we'll get more out of Eaves than Cleary, Sammy and Emmerton combined...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#13 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

whoa! Someone said this exact scenario should happen in the last GDT...kudos to you and your psychic abilities!

I think we'll get more out of Eaves than Cleary, Sammy and Emmerton combined...

We've always gotten more out of Eaves than those three combined. Pretty much anyone contributes more than those three combined.

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

We've always gotten more out of Eaves than those three combined. Pretty much anyone contributes more than those three combined.

Eaves was injured for a long stretch with a concussion, before that injury Cleary was pretty useful still. So saying we've always gotten more out of eaves than we did out of Cleary is quite a stretch, maybe now we will, but it has not always been the case.

#15 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Glenfiddich most likely to replace Emmerton on the forth line.

Mmmmmm. Just what the doctor ordered...

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#16 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Really?  'Always'?  That's garbage.  No one seems to remember that Samuelsson and Cleary played any seasons on this team other than last year and this year. 

#17 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

Yes! Patty Eaves is back! :)

#18 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

Great, now send down Cleary and bring up Tootoo. There's clearly nothing but loyalty keeping the former up while the latter, who has so much more to offer, toils in the minors.

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

I like Glendening. I also like Eaves. So I'm cool with this.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

what the hell's up with all this glendening love , hes a reliable 4th line player, but those type of players are a dime a dozen , hes not gonna score and neither is eaves and detroit desperatly needs GOALS

6'2 sheahan could of contributed , speedy ferraro , agitating callahan ... alot of fans been asking for nyquist and tatar here since last season and there finally up and easily 2 of our best forwards ... this just frustrating

Sheahan, Ferraro, and Callahan are all fourth-line maybes in the NHL at this point in their careers, at least in the Wings' system. Granted, so is Glendening, but he had a solid training camp, he was the only Griffin who showed up to that orientation camp, he's a right-handed shot, all he does is win, and he's just a really likeable guy. With about 4,000 of our top centers out, he - a centerman - just makes that much more sense.

Again, there isn't a huge difference between Glendening and the other three. But I think there's an enough to give him the edge at this point in time, in terms of comfort and reliability and the all-important Coach's Trust.

Bring the other three up when things are more stable and we're not absolutely desperate for as many points as we can possibly win (the Atlantic race is ridiculously tight right now. Very, very, very little separation in the top 4-5) and we can get a better sense of what they'd look like on an actual Red Wings team (as opposed to one where Andersson could be the second-line center).

Edited by Dabura, 14 December 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!