• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Alexey Marchenko called up

Rate this topic

I think the Wings' front office just wants to get a look at as many prospects as it can at the NHL level. It's not really anything against Sproul.

I don't think it's anything against him, they just haven't seen him yet and as I understood it he and Ouellet were the top two in the pecking order. I'm wondering if he's injured or something.

maybe Kenny has done a deal involving one of our D?

Anyway Sproul is more a Top 4 offensive prospect, Alexey

is a5-7 type at present. Im really pleased for him , of course

it could have something to do with Alexey already had iced

nearly 100 times in the KHL and has the exp over Sproul.

Well I'm interested in seeing this kid because I don't know anything about him. But why not Sproul. He's been conspicuously passed over it seems to me.

Sproul has made some bone headed defensive mistakes lately by all accounts. Heard a lot of good things about Marchenko though.

with Big E out and now DD for a spell, will Kenny look for some vet help in the market place or hope we can get by with what is in effect 1 top two D and 5/6

4-7 rate D, this coming string of away games could make or break our playoff

run.

I think Holland admitted he was looking for a defenseman, but in this market I just don't see how a trade can be worked out. I wonder why they called Marchenko up? Seems it'd be better to give a few prospects as many games as possible rather than giving as many prospects one or two games apiece. What is he going to show in one game anyway? Especially since he's not atop the depth chart.

Marchenko? Is that the kid who in 2010 was ranked 12th overall among European skaters, but told teams he only wanted to play in Russia and went undrafted? The same kid who the very next year told the Wings he would play for them if they took him, and the Wings drafted him with their very last pick in the 9th round?

He's probs just a plug. 9th round picks never pan out...

Marchenko? Is that the kid who in 2010 was ranked 12th overall among European skaters, but told teams he only wanted to play in Russia and went undrafted? The same kid who the very next year told the Wings he would play for them if they took him, and the Wings drafted him with their very last pick in the 9th round?

is this for real?

That's interesting. The coverage of him that I saw pointed to the fact that he went undrafted in 2010 because he had just had his spleen removed & there were questions about whether he would ever play hockey again.

That's interesting. The coverage of him that I saw pointed to the fact that he went undrafted in 2010 because he had just had his spleen removed & there were questions about whether he would ever play hockey again.

I remember taking him specifically in 2011 because of all the "Russian Factor" talk, and about how we stole him by luring him over.

Spleen removal is a major procedure, but you can easily recover 100% from it. He made a full recovery and the next year he was ranked 25th overall in Europe. Still went undrafted... that is until the wings took him with their last pick.

My understanding was that the Wings approached him and he said he would come over if they drafted him. so they used their last pick on him, knowing no one else would draft him.

Some sell their souls to Satan to play with the Wings; others sell their spleens. Both start with S.

Not expecting him to bring down the house, but I hope he has a good showing.