#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Title. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Quincey/Smith

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#3 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Smith/Quincey and it's not even close.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#4 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Quincey-Smith. Smith is young, has great potential. They've both been better since being split up. White, though right-handed (*swoon*), couldn't crack the Jets' blue line. Colaiacovo, though pretty good, is always injured.

Edited by Dabura, 06 January 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#5 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Quincey Smith, Smith is young and already showing huge improvements give him time. Also they are both cheaper than the other pairing and have more room to grow.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#6 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

OK.

#7 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

This is a real question??  Wow.

The hatred for Quincey and criticism of Smith has hit a whole new level.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#8 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I still think most of Smith's issue are with who he is paired with.

Pair him with Dekeyser and you will see a different player.

Quincey is too offensive minded to play with Smith, hell Lashoff would be a better pairing for Smith.

EDIT: Quincey smith over two complete wastes of roster space.

Edited by Opie, 06 January 2014 - 03:33 PM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#9 Wings02

Wings02

Thank you dad for not making me a Leafs fan

• 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

did you just say quincey is offensive minded ......................

#10 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

This is a real question??  Wow.

The hatred for Quincey and criticism of Smith has hit a whole new level.

I think the question is posed more as:  "While not without problems, isn't Quincey/Smith much easier to digest than the massive mess White/Cola would be?"

I didn't necessarily take it as further criticism of Q or Smith, but rather which paring would you prefer on the team?

Edited by e_prime, 06 January 2014 - 04:52 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#11 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

I think the question is posed more as:  "While not without problems, isn't Quincey/Smith much easier to digest than the massive mess White/Cola would be?"

I didn't necessarily take it as further criticism of Q or Smith.

I'm not sure how it isn't criticism to be compared to Cola and White. lol  But I see what you're saying.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#12 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

Smith/Carlo :)

#13 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

did you just say quincey is offensive minded ......................

I didn't say offensively skilled!

They both play a very similar style of game, neither is a stay at home d-man, so yes Quincey is too offensive minded to be paired with Smith! 

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#14 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Jason Williams/Boyd Deveraux vs Darren Helm/Justin Abdelkader

#15 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I didn't say offensively skilled!

They both play a very similar style of game, neither is a stay at home d-man, so yes Quincey is too offensive minded to be paired with Smith! 

Quincey and Smith are both higher risk players.  That's really the only similarity.  They have very different styles to their game.

Vince Lombardi

#16 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

This is a tough question and a good topic.  Kudos to the OP.  Quincey and Smith definitely have the higher ceiling and more potential, but they're so flagrantly boneheaded I find myself at a loss for words at times.  Colaiacovo and White were often overmatched physically, but they didn't make poor decisions the way Quincey and Smith do.  So for a career I'd take Quincey and Smith, for a single playoff series this year I'd take White and Colaiacovo.  Also depends on the size of the team we're playing.  A smaller, faster, team and I'd definitely take White and Colaiacovo, a bigger and slower team would be better served with Quincey and Smith.

Edited by kipwinger, 06 January 2014 - 06:37 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#17 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Definitely Smith and Quincey.

Z Winged Dangler definitely chooses White /Cola

#18 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Smith + Quincey.  Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

be about it!

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Lebda / Lilja           ;) 

Perfect combo of speed and power.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

I would choose Smith/Quincey because Smith is the best player out of the four by far. 

That being said, I would rather have Colaiacovo over Quincey. Cola moved the puck well the three games he was healthy and the Red Wings defense lacks that skill overall. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."