• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

@krssmith17 I agree with the first part of your statement its possible and makes sense, where I have to disagree is jagr being more likely out then Marty, Schneider is taking over in jersey and broduer became expendable, I think Lou has more pride to move Jagr especially with the season he's having and aim for high draft pick, I hope I'm wrong cuz I love the 68 in wings jersey, tho don't think he would fit

Marty is Minnesota was rumoured

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Brodeur has spent his entire career with the Devils, has won 3 Stanly Cups and will be 42 years old in a couple months. I see Marty retiring after this season as a Devil and having some sort of job with the team, maybe as a goaltender coach or something (coaching his son, Anthony to carry on the Brodeur legacy). I hope he doesn't get traded but who knows.

Jagr, on the other hand has become a nomad of the NHL since returning from the KHL, playing for 4 different teams in the past 3 years. I think his goal is to play for every NHL team before he turn 50...

Man a line of jagr Pablo and yojhan would be a nightmare for any team and I think that line can carry the team.... Trust me I wish jags was coming over to the wings!! Kindl and andersson r expendable I assume

Rofl that would be one hella of an accomplishment if it was possible lol,, Marty said he's open to a trade chico said it a few times

Trade Marty for a top 6 forward and pick maybe or w.e they find available and the devs are in it also, they play a very underestimated D game and shutdown teams... Plus since Olympic break I think they have like 10 goals in 2 games or so

I wouldn't mind Jagr for the playoffs. I don't know it would cost us Jensen though. Jensen has 2 years of waiver exemption left and there is no need to get rid of him. Almqvist, albeit a bit smaller but right now he is sitting 6 spots ahead of Jensen on our prospects chart, plus he is out of exemptions this year and will need to be moved for something or risk losing him for nothing.

If Phoenix sends us a D-man, I still would rather have Morris, even over Yandle. Slap me for being silly, but I think Morris is more of what we need right now. I know he is a UFA this summer, but if he does good here, re-sign him for another 1-2 years and help usher in Ouellet and Sproul and Marchenko. All of which are still waiver exempt through the next two NHL season's. If you shore up your D now with some veteran help and keep them through the next two seasons, when it's time for those three to be full time in the NHL, the likes of Smith, Dekeyser and Ericsson will have the NHL experience to bring in the kids...

I'm not saying Jagr is coming to Detroit, he probably won't but I do believe he would be a huge help down the stretch. I think a line of Jagr - Datsyuk - Franzen could be scary good.

How is Kindl and Andersson a huge over payment? Gilbert is a solid veteran that can help stabalize our back end. Kindl has potential for sure, but he has not reached it yet. Andersson is exactly what you see, decent size and doesn't use it, slow, solid on draws and a good penalty killer. Very expendable in my opinion. I'd use him as a throw in on pretty much any deal and I don't think Kindl alone would get it done for Gilbert. Maybe Kindl and a mid round pick or mid level prospect.

Hey, I'd rather throw out a proposal like that then what some other have put on here. I could have said something along the lines of Boyes and Gilbert for Samuelsson and Almqvist...

Because Gilbert is a solid vet, but is a pending UFA and he's not THAT good. 2 young players is too much.

I've gone back and forth on my feelings about Jagr wearing the Winged Wheel. It's not that I really have an issue with the guy himself (though I understand why people do), it's that he'd almost certainly be a rental, and I don't imagine the Devils would give him up for cheap, given that they're in the hunt and that he's been arguably their best player this season.

Of course, if Holland won't consider moving any key assets, all trade talk concerning the Wings is pretty much moot. Which pisses me off, yes.

If Phoenix sends us a D-man, I still would rather have Morris, even over Yandle. Slap me for being silly, but I think Morris is more of what we need right now.

*slaps you for being silly*

How available is Yandle? Do we have any real reason to believe the 'yotes might trade him? I haven't read a single thing about him in the rumor mill.

*slaps you for being silly*

How available is Yandle? Do we have any real reason to believe the 'yotes might trade him? I haven't read a single thing about him in the rumor mill.

He's been linked to us in the past but I don't see him coming here at this deadline.

Nor do I see Phoenix making any kind of "selling trade". They're right in the thick of the playoff race.

Yea but realistically Phoenix is always just good enough to make playoffs and then they usually give out, the west is too stacked for them to be real contenders thus I think they should try and stock up for next season, I'm sure the yotes management thinks otherwise about their team.... I think some would feel same way towards the devs.... And yea jags most likely would be rental tho who really doesn't wanna sign 'resign' with the wings legacy

Dreger just tweeted that Wings are in on the Erhoff trade if price is right...

Kahn tweeted Datsyuk hasn't skated since the 2nd period of the Ottawa game, still not skating today.

I think the need for a center is rising every day...just might have to sweetin the pot to rustle Kesler from VAN...and also convince him that coming here is worth waiving his NTC...

Mackenzie just tweeted that Kobasew, McLaren, Larsen and Dubnyk all hit waivers today...

Would the allure of re-uniting Weiss and Booth be enough for VAN to accept him in a deal...and for Weiss to waive his NTC?

...and BTW, when are we going to see Z's cap come off the books due to his injury? I am fairly sure that missing the rest of the season should qualify him for LTIR...

How's this for a blockbuster (fantasy) trade...

to VAN: Stephan Weiss, Johan Franzen, Adam Almqvist, Darren Helm, 1st rounder

to DET: Ryan Kesler, Alexandre Burrows, Alexander Edler, 4th rounder

*purely fantasy suggestion...

:lol: Making next season's (my fantasy roster) look like this:

Z - Pav - Nyq

Mantha - Kesler - Burrows

Jurco - Sheahan - Tats

Abby - Glenny - Miller

(Andy, Callahan)

Kronner - Edler

Big E - Diesel

Smitty - Kindl

Laser

Edited by LeftWinger

Lines of all "possible acquisitions" mentioned in this thread: Using only page #1 and #2 and the last page.

Jaromir Jagr - Ryan Kesler - Thomas Vanek

Matt Moulson - Nazem Kadri - Evander Kane

Jarome Iginla - Sam Gagner - Ryan Callahan

Bryan Bickell - Mike Cammalleri - Steve Ott

Christian Erhoff - Alexander Edler

Keith Yandle - Dan Girardi

Mark Stuart - Ladislav Smid

Martin Brodeur

...and BTW, when are we going to see Z's cap come off the books due to his injury? I am fairly sure that missing the rest of the season should qualify him for LTIR...

That's not really how it works. The cap never actually comes off, we can just go over the cap by the same amount. However, we can't save any of it that we don't spend. So we can't claim it until we're spending it.

Helm and Franzen are probably the two biggest "x-factors" on our team and are crucial to our success.

Weiss hasn't played in 3 months = 0 value in a deadline trade. Not that we would trade him anyways.

In regards to Z's LTIR it's retroactive anyways so unless we need to exceed the cap it's not necessary.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Holland said Weiss had setback today and is going for tests. Not a good day for him, Holland said.

Shut him down for the regular season and if this team makes the playoffs see what he can provide fully healthy. Why risk further injury? Guy is obviously not the differense between a cup and no cup

Shut him down for the regular season and if this team makes the playoffs see what he can provide fully healthy. Why risk further injury? Guy is obviously not the differense between a cup and no cup

But Fraser McLaren somehow is?

LeBrun just tweeted that Moulson NOT at practice today, but GM says no deal in place....Hmmmm...

Be a shocker if he was dealt. The plot thickens ...

But Fraser McLaren somehow is?

Be a shocker if he was dealt. The plot thickens ...

God damnit read:

McLaren is someone to keep guys like Cowen, Neil honest I highly doubt Neil would running around like he does against us with a guy like McLaren in the lineup. Does McLaren provide a lot? No but he can be had for almost nothing and doesn't cost anything, Weiss is paid to be a valuable second line or very very good third line center so far he hasn't been that. Sadly, I think Burke will pick him up and give the Flames a very dangerous punch McGrattan, McLaren and when he is healthy again Westgarth, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

I'm glad Holland finally likes the youth and hopefully Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan and Dekeyser are still Wings come Thursday.

Edited by frankgrimes