• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

a list of prospects that would look nice in our org. if we had make some package deals...

Mike McCarron, Hudson Fasching, Valentin Zykov, Steve Santini, Madison Bowey and the oft mentioned Joe Morrow.

McCarron could be available only for Mantha/NyQuist/Tatar/Jurco type of player/prospects...

I would rather have Tom Wilson than MvCarron.

Gazdic just destroyed Westgarth...

Why Cammy? I just don't get it why Kenny would go for a another small forward? At the same time, it's Kenny...

Westgarth did get worked, but if we brought in an enforcer I wouldn't be complaining :hehe: As far as Cammy, usually I'd agree about him being a small forward, but we need some top 6 forwards with our injuries. He's a proven goal scorer, goes to high traffic areas as a small guy, and is a proven playoff player. I don't want a team full of guys sub 6'0, but I'll take Cammalleri anyday. Depending on the price of course (Burke is probably looking for a ton because he's a fool.)

the big splash to make our team better: Kesler - Edler

something smaller to make our team stronger: Jagr, Weaver or Boyes - Weaver

We just cannot sit on our hands, somewhere put there is a deal that makes sense for us and will make our team stronger!

Weaver is nice player but Mark Stuart is better

Westgarth did get worked, but if we brought in an enforcer I wouldn't be complaining :hehe: As far as Cammy, usually I'd agree about him being a small forward, but we need some top 6 forwards with our injuries. He's a proven goal scorer, goes to high traffic areas as a small guy, and is a proven playoff player. I don't want a team full of guys sub 6'0, but I'll take Cammalleri anyday. Depending on the price of course (Burke is probably looking for a ton because he's a fool.)

You don't want to trade with Burke and the price should be sim. what the Sabres could be asking for Stewart.

As for what this team needs to add, the defense isn't as bad as people keep making it out to be, if it wasn't for Howard being soup-sandwich the first 1/3rd of the season this team would be one of the top teams in goals allowed. This team is lacking a lot of timely scoring, and it's evident in the fact they are bottom half of the league in goals scored.

Our defense has been bad. The first half of the season wasn't great, but Quincey was statistically on the ice for a ridiculous amount of turnover leading directly to goals. I forget the number but we'd be near the top of the conference with anyone better than him.

And of course, we know Smith and Kindl have struggled.

The defense is only 6 guys so two or three struggling, when your team philosophy is "defense by committee", hurts.

Even with our scoring woes, and Howard struggling, the main issue is defense.

To be Cup contenders we need a top 4 defenseman (preferably top 2) who can score, and a bottom pairing defenseman who is a veteran, solid defense-first guy.

Now, more scoring never hurts, but even if you add a score the team will be giving up too many goals. Whereas if you fix the defense, you free up the offense to focus on what they do best.

So Pav is out Tuesday and Weiss had a setback. Without our three top centers. Man, I hate thinking about selling the farm for someone but I feel like we might be more in on Kesler now.

I'd do Helm, Tatar, 1st for Kesler.

Kindl, one of Oullet/Sproul/Jensen, pick for Erhoff.

IF we could make it to the playoffs and have Pav and Z back we could go...

Z/Pav/Kesler

Nyquist/Weiss/Franzen

Jurco/Sheahan/Alfie

Miller/Glendening/Abby

Kronwall/Erhoff

Big E/Dekeyser

Smith/Lashoff

WORST thing I've ever seen. Helm and Tatar with a 1st should land you Shea Weber for the blueline, let alone a diving sissy in Kesler. And Ouellet and Sproul are the very definition of "top prospect". They alone will both likely be better than Erhoff, who is injury prone to boot.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det140303.html

RED WINGS, SABRES DISCUSS EHRHOFF

The Detroit Red Wings aren't planning on making any moves for high-priced rental players, but the team is still looking to acquire a top-four defenseman.
The Wings have inquired about Vancouver's Alexander Edler and Buffalo's Christian Ehrhoff, but appear to be focusing on Ehrhoff, at the moment.

TFP reported last Thursday that the Wings had been inquiring about Ehrhoff's availability, and on Monday, ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reiterated Detroit's interest.

LeBrun, however, indicated that the Wings would not overpay to get Ehrhoff.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland has plenty of young assets he is willing to part with, but some players he prefers not to deal, such as Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar.

Holland has also spoken to the Vancouver Canucks about forward Ryan Kesler, who is expected to be dealt by Wednesday's 3pm ET trade deadline.

C'mon Kenny, you CAN'T like this team... :-)

The Detroit Red Wings aren't planning on making any moves for high-priced rental players, but the team is still looking to acquire a top-four defenseman.

The Wings have inquired about Vancouver's Alexander Edler and Buffalo's Christian Ehrhoff, but appear to be focusing on Ehrhoff, at the moment.

TFP reported last Thursday that the Wings had been inquiring about Ehrhoff's availability, and on Monday, ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reiterated Detroit's interest.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland has plenty of young assets he is willing to part with, but some players he prefers not to deal, such as Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar.

Holland has also spoken to the Vancouver Canucks about forward Ryan Kesler, who is expected to be dealt by Wednesday's 3pm ET trade deadline.

God no

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Helm is arguably the best 3rd line center in the league. He does that job better than anyone. I don't see the point in moving the best 3rd line center in a package deal to get an "ok" top sixer. I understand it's an upgrade to have another top sixer, I'd just rather see the best pieces in the right places. This is never going to be a 2003 team where everyones a top guy. Know what I mean? Idk... screw you guys, helm is the man

Interesting. Eric Francis is a well plugged in guy in the Flames org. and he runs one of the radio stations in Calgary, so that could be believable. I was in favor of Cammy before the injury to Z, Westgarth is a decent enforcer but he got TKOed Saturday night and I can't see him playing much for us down the stretch when the points are so valuable. But who knows, I enjoy rumours :lol:

Even without his recent TKO, I'd be shocked if the Wings were really interested in Westgarth at this stage of the game. He's a big guy and a decent fighter but he's barely a hockey player. When he was in LA I only noticed him when he dropped the gloves. I don't even particularly remembering him dishing out big hits.

If it were early in the season I could maybe see it. But like you said points are too valuable right now.

if holland can bring ehrhoff/edler and kesler without trading z dats mule kronwall E deke nyquist tatar and howard i will be impressed

Even without his recent TKO, I'd be shocked if the Wings were really interested in Westgarth at this stage of the game. He's a big guy and a decent fighter but he's barely a hockey player. When he was in LA I only noticed him when he dropped the gloves. I don't even particularly remembering him dishing out big hits.

If it were early in the season I could maybe see it. But like you said points are too valuable right now.

I don't know much about Westgarth. Does he being anything Tootoo doesn't?

if holland can bring ehrhoff/edler and kesler without trading z dats mule kronwall E deke nyquist tatar and howard i will be impressed

AND, then he'll still have vets coming off contracts and a rising cap to be able to add another big name this summer.

Edited by T.Low

Our defense has been bad. The first half of the season wasn't great, but Quincey was statistically on the ice for a ridiculous amount of turnover leading directly to goals. I forget the number but we'd be near the top of the conference with anyone better than him.

And of course, we know Smith and Kindl have struggled.

The defense is only 6 guys so two or three struggling, when your team philosophy is "defense by committee", hurts.

Even with our scoring woes, and Howard struggling, the main issue is defense.

To be Cup contenders we need a top 4 defenseman (preferably top 2) who can score, and a bottom pairing defenseman who is a veteran, solid defense-first guy.

Now, more scoring never hurts, but even if you add a score the team will be giving up too many goals. Whereas if you fix the defense, you free up the offense to focus on what they do best.

Quincey is actually only 3rd on the teams D in giveaways (Smith 39, Kronwall 33, Quincey 32, Kindl 31, Ericsson 30). He's also played more games than any other D-man on our team... suggesting that his giveaway's per-game is lower than most of our other D (I don't wanna compute the numbers, but I believe that math makes sense). More, Quincey is also leading our D in take-aways (Quincey 27, Kronwall 20, Smith 14, Lashoff 13, Ericsson 12, Kindl 12). More, Quincey is also 1st among our D in even strength ice time, 2nd among our D in shorthanded ice time, and only has 23 minutes on the PP... suggesting that his giveaways and takeaway numbers are better per minute than our other d-men.

Is Quincey good? No. But he's not a horrible ball and chain like everyone suggests. We brought him in for a first at the deadline and he wasn't the savior everyone hoped for, and he gets crucified for it. He's just another Eaves. Good? No. Bad? No. Just blahhhhhhhhh

Why NOT, Ehrhoff is on a GREAT contract.

When HEALTHY, Helm is one of the best if not the BEST 3rd line center in NHL.

Datsyuk is arguably the best 1st line center when HEALTHY. Trade him too?

I do like Ehrhoff's contract

Quincey is actually only 3rd on the teams D in giveaways (Smith 39, Kronwall 33, Quincey 32, Kindl 31, Ericsson 30). He's also played more games than any other D-man on our team... suggesting that his giveaway's per-game is lower than most of our other D (I don't wanna compute the numbers, but I believe that math makes sense). More, Quincey is also leading our D in take-aways (Quincey 27, Kronwall 20, Smith 14, Lashoff 13, Ericsson 12, Kindl 12). More, Quincey is also 1st among our D in even strength ice time, 2nd among our D in shorthanded ice time, and only has 23 minutes on the PP... suggesting that his giveaways and takeaway numbers are better per minute than our other d-men.

Is Quincey good? No. But he's not a horrible ball and chain like everyone suggests. We brought him in for a first at the deadline and he wasn't the savior everyone hoped for, and he gets crucified for it. He's just another Eaves. Good? No. Bad? No. Just blahhhhhhhhh

Datsyuk is arguably the best 1st line center when HEALTHY. Trade him too?

I do like Ehrhoff's contract

Smith leads the list cause of the HORRIBLE passes Q gives him. I must throw that out there. I say trade him to the B's cause apparently they were interested in him and bring up Ouellet, whom I think is our most ready D prospect from what I've seen.

Ehrhoff would be alright with me, as he would provide some more offense (or, at least, be able to make passes out of the D zone). I just don't think he's the best long-term solution for this team. This is a year where I'd actually be okay with Kenny not doing anything at the deadline. Wait until the draft or start of free agency and see who's available.

Kenny has been looking for a top D-man ever since Rafalski retired, and every time one shows up he doesn't like the price; be it prospects or dollars. He is like a deer in the headlights, when it comes to pulling the trigger. I don't want to sound like chicken little but with the overall ineffectiveness of the team defense and the fragility of the forwards, Holland can't wait any longer to make a trade. With Pav playing on one leg, Z and Weiss out for possible the rest of the year. The Wings badly need a scoring forward (center/wing doesn't matter as long as he can score) and a top 4 D. Edler/ Ehrhoff and Kesler/Moulson/Vanek/ any other available forward. This team needs a face lift bad, no more waiting; time to act.