• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

4th Annual Playoff Money On The Board!

Rate this topic

Now for the second favorite part of the season - Money on the Board.

For those who know how it works, pledge up!

For those that don't know how it works, each participant decides what they would like to pledge for the Wings run in the playoffs. It could be 50 cents per goal, it could be 5 bucks per game won, it could be a penny for each hit; our members get very creative! I just pledge a dollar amount per series win. I'm boring. You are responsible for keeping track of how much your donation is. A lot of people keep track in their signatures. It's a lot of fun.

Once there is no possible way to add money to the pot, everyone PayPals their donation to me and I send it on to Children's Hospital. I then receive a very nice thank-you note, which I post here.

You can do a board search for previous Money on the Board threads to see how it all works and maybe get some pledging ideas.

Here's hoping we have TONS o' cash to send off to the kiddies this year.

GO WINGS!!

1$ for every shortie

2$ for every goal by both Zetterberg or Datsyuk

2$ for a Spartan goal by either Miller or Abdelkader

5$ for every win

5$ for a shutout by Howard or Monster

50$ if they win the cup

AND

$10 for EVERY..........

Goal by Brendan Smith

Going with the hamsters again.

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.

An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.

$5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had: (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

And now, I'm off for my other playoff traditions: Get the beads ready for the bracelets, and set my wallpaper to the last Wing to score a goal after each game.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for doing this. It's fun for us as well, and awesome that it's going to a good cause!

Edited by 55fan

I have been looking forward to this, thanks Vladdy! I am going to pledge similarly to last year (I can't remember exactly):

X cents per goal based on scorer's jersey number. Double for pp goals and triple for shorties. Half for assists. i'll round up for odd numbers.

Before each game I will also choose a stat/pledge for that game only. Game 1 will be five cents per SOG.

GO WINGS!

Edited by troubadour

I will go with:

$5 per series win

$5 per series sweep

$5 per Kronwalling

$10 per Kronwalling if recipient is Brad Marchand

$1 per game played by Hank

$1 per goal from any player from the 2013 Calder Cup winning roster (Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco, Andersson, Glendening, Lashoff, & DeKeyser. Will add to list for call-ups if any)

Well I'll give this a try but I can't pledge much at all because I just graduated college in December and paying off loans is expensive.

Justin Abdelkader is my favorite player so I'll make it all based on his performance.

$1.00 dollar for every Abby assist

$2.00 for every Abby goal ($5.00 if it's a GWG)

$0.25 for every Abby hit

$1.00 based on his +/- at the end of the playoffs at a $1 for every +1 ratio. (If he ends in the "-" then I guess the Children's hospital owes me money)

Can't do much being a broke 20 year old but I can do a little!

$0.50 per Wings win (double for a shutout).

$0.50 for every 3 goal game with an extra $0.25 for each goal past 3.

$1.00 for every time Goose gets Loose

$2.00 for every goal scored by Quincey, Kindl, or Lashoff

$5.00 if any Wings player gets and scores on a penalty shot or gets a hat trick.

The amount doesn't matter - every little bit helps and you'd be surprised how quickly all our donations together add up. You'd also be surprised at how much more fun it makes the games.

Thanks so much to those of you who donate and those who support us, the Wings and Children's Hospital in spirit.

There are some really good ones.

I'm hesitant to pledge anything wild since I won't be able to watch all the games... still thinking, what could I do that only requires access to a stat sheet?

I just may dabble this year.... Ok, here ya go:

$30 if 2008-2009 Playoff Franzen returns! (Between the two playoff years he scored at a rate of 1.05 ppg)

So if he gets 1.05 ppg or higher, then I am in and I will also pledge that I leave Franzen alone for the rest of his career! (unless he is traded then he is fair game.)

I just may dabble this year.... Ok, here ya go:

$30 if 2008-2009 Playoff Franzen returns! (Between the two playoff years he scored at a rate of 1.05 ppg)

So if he gets 1.05 ppg or higher, then I am in and I will also pledge that I leave Franzen alone for the rest of his career! (unless he is traded then he is fair game.)

OMG I'm holding you to this!

Here we go. My first year participating in this:

Obviously I am a Nyquist fan so lets go:

$3.00 per point for Nyquist

to add to that being a goalie myself we will go

$5.00 per shutout

and my wife said lets also add

$3.00 per fight- I may not be able to watch all the games so if someone can help me track this one it would be appreciated