• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Lines/Lineup changes for Game 3 (Home game 1)?

Rate this topic

What are your thoughts?

Change anything?

Personally, I'd like to see Dats get a better lineup and the original kid line back together.

Also, Bert and Anderson in, Alfie and Glendening out.

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Helm - Bertuzzi

Miller - Legwand - Anderson

Do you guys really think Bert is that much of an upgrade over Alfie? I get that he is physical - but isn't the consensus that our speed is what beats Boston? In that case you keep Bert off the ice. Bert can't be on the ice for 60min policing the game anyways.

I like Alfie a lot, actually, if Z and Datsyuk are healthy, he's on the top line with them. I just don't think that he fits with what I was trying to do there, unless we're to give Franzen the boot (PLEASEEEEE)

I would keep the same roster. The Wings didn't play their game the way they should have, and the results are exactly how we would expect that to go. Talk to the guys (and practice) about tightening down the slot and playing heavy in front of Jimmy, and for heaven's sake practice crossing center ice on the power play with SPEED instead of floating to the blue line expecting Boston to let them in.

Play to our strengths. Speed and tenacity are our strengths. So let's play fast and tenacious.

Tatar datsyuk bertuzzi

Jurco sheahan legwand

Franzen helm nyquist

Abdelkader glendening alfredsson

Bring back Bert for one game just for his size .... Move up legwand (see if he actually makes his trade deadline acquisition worth it )

Try and get mule and nyquist going again by putting them on the 3rd line and hopefully getting good match ups

I think in the end we won't panic and we will go back with the same lineups

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I think for once Babcock actually has the players who deserve to play playing. As a team we came up short tonight - changing players will only weaken us. We need to stick to our plan and we can get results like Game 1. Also the Bruins will have a hard time at the Joe because I know our fans will give them a hard time - they won't be running around quite as much. Also I believe their is a hometown effect on the refs where the refs get slightly influenced by the crowd from time to time.

We do not need to make roster changes, but Franzen needs to get the hell away from Pav! Babs needs to do a better job of getting the most of of certain players. What I mean by that is Alfie can produce for us when he is given a scoring line, so since Franzen does crap all, demote him already. Lets see some changes.

Nyquist- Datsyuk- Jurco

Tatar- Sheahan- Alfredsson

Franzen- Legwand- Abby

Glendening- Helm- Miller

I think Pav is playing really well and would benefit from the youth with him. Nyquist and even the kid line has been quiet so far, so maybe these changes will spark things. Nyquist needs to stay with pav and I think Jurco adds a nice physical element to the line and I like adding the veteran Alfie to play with the kid line and then the 3rd line still has offensive skill and then the 4th line is amazing shut down. Also, what in the name of GOD is it going to take for Babcock to play BRENDAN SMITH ON THE PP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyquist- Datsyuk- Franzen

Alfie- Kronners (The 1st unit has sucked since Babs decided for no reason to NOT have a right handed Alfie out there)

Jurco- Sheahan- Tatar

Dekeyser- Smith

I think Sheahan with Datsyuk could be solid. These two protect the puck better than anyone else currently healthy.

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Sheahan

Tatar - Helm - Jurco

Franzen - Legwand - Alfredsson

Miler - Glendening - Abby

First line = keep away and protects the puck - good passing. Sheahan is basically same size as Abby but with hands to help Datsyuk.

Second line = Speed kills

Third line = The old-timers - Bunch of vets together that all run the same speed.

Fourth line = Fast blue collar line that works hard and throws the body around.

I think a wildcard play for babs that'ls risky but I would do would be to bring sproul and xo in. Gives us better puck movement and mobility on the back end. Plus sproul can hopefully help the pp

As far as up front it is clear that pavs is the best player in this series and it's not even close.

Legwand- datsyuk- nyquist

Tatar- sheahan- jurco

Franzen- helm- alfy

Miller- glenny- Abby

Need to score more goals, get Legwand in an offensive role and hope he can spark something with pav and nyquist. Hopefully the mule can't take advantage of easier matchup and the kid line needs to start being the kid line that we love to watch

Edited by Nyquistfan14

Agreed about Sproul or Oullet. They can't be worse than Kindl or Layoff right now and might be good. I wouldnt put both in, because Boston will exploit them mercilessly. I'm not sure who you'd pair them with, though. Could cause lots of turnover.

And why are people slotting Bert in the lineup? He's slow and wouldnt replace someone who deserves to sit.

Franzen is due but I'd like to see him on the third. I don't want to sacrifice team offense just waiting for him to wake up. Play him easier minutes on the third. His hitting and defense fits in well there.

There is no reason to want Bertuzzi in. He's not physical, he doesn't actually help on the power play, and you know he's a couple stupid penalties waiting to happen. We need goals, Alfredsson is a goal-scorer. He hasn't scored, but neither has anyone else.

Glendening is fine. He has one more goal than Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco, Franzen, Alfredsson, Helm, Legwand combined..

I get where some of you are coming from with Bertuzzi. The thing I like about Bert is he isn't afraid to get hit and make a play to get the puck out of the zone. Alfie, I hate to say, appears to be scared and will not always get the puck out. Alfie just looks like he is done.

Anderson offers more size then Glendening. I think we need that size. But if only one move is made, than I'd say Bert for Alfie.

I get where some of you are coming from with Bertuzzi. The thing I like about Bert is he isn't afraid to get hit and make a play to get the puck out of the zone. Alfie, I hate to say, appears to be scared and will not always get the puck out. Alfie just looks like he is done.

Anderson offers more size then Glendening. I think we need that size. But if only one move is made, than I'd say Bert for Alfie.

I disagree. There is physical size and the way you play. Glendening plays like a much bigger player. Our problem was getting to the front of the net and winning battles along the boards. That is Glendening's game. Keep him in