• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

ADQF | Game 3 | Boston 3 @ Detroit 0, BOS leads series 2-1

Rate this topic

This team better not have an optional skate today, because all they did last night was stand around. Babs needs to fix a lot of things with this team and in a hurry or this thing is going to be over in a hurry. Change the lines, and honestly I think the best move he could do would be to insert sproul and ouellette. Sproul may be able to help the pp as well as even strength jumping up in the play. Xo is very solid and in my mind better than both lash and kindl. This may help us move the puck up quick resulting in more offense and less d-zone time. For the lines I'm hoping alfy is back id try...

Helm- datsyuk- alfy

Franzen- Legwand- nyquist

Tatar- sheahan- jurco

Abby- glenny- miller

I'm really sick and tired of this team standing at their blueline and passing out doughnuts to every opposing player who comes into our zone. Way too much open ice for Boston to skate with last night. Even if we can't take every one of them out into the boards, and out of the play, the players need to do a better job at covering the Bruins. I will NOT fault Jimmy in this one - although I did see glimpses yet again of him flailing around which makes him look unsure.

The guys who need to score are not.

The special teams are pathetic. We been going down this road for a few years, but in games against goalies like Rask, these special teams are sometimes all you will have.

Another chance to force this series, and another chance missed. Very discouraging to see the team show up so flat, and unwilling to compete. Babcock can take some of that blame, but I got a feeling that the shine of making it 23 years straight is starting to come off after a fun last month. The kids are looking around, and even overwhelmed a little bit. This is the NHL not the AHL.

I gotta believe we will see a different team tomorrow, because if we go down 3-1 - series over.

I think this team has more to show and more to give this year. I really do. But unless we come out tomorrow and take it right to the Bruins, and show we don't give a damn about their size, and Cup pedigree, we will be looking at hours left on our season.

I think it's time Legwand, Franzen, Nyquist, and Tatar start showing up. God help our defence!!

I think this is the first time as a fan that a 1-2 series that not only do I feel like we don't stand a chance but I really feel the series is 0-3. It's a weird feeling. It kinda seems that with out the stealing of game 1 that we have not belonged at all. We are an AHL team trying to play in the NHL playoffs as it's obviously working out poorly. Hopefully things will change in game 4 but looks like out only way to win is Howard out up a goose egg.

I agree. We've been down before, but this is the first time I really have no hope. I think it's because they look beaten in their demeanor. I've never seen the Wings look so defeated so early in a series. I thought the kids would be all determined and relentless with their never-say-die attitude. But they look completely opposite of the way they looked in the season.

Also, I'm really tired of them shooting weakly from bad angles, or intentionally missing the net from the point. It doesn't work if no one is there to grab the bouncing puck.

They're not just playing badly, they look like an entirely different team than the past month and that worries me.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I think this is the first time as a fan that a 1-2 series that not only do I feel like we don't stand a chance but I really feel the series is 0-3. It's a weird feeling. It kinda seems that with out the stealing of game 1 that we have not belonged at all. We are an AHL team trying to play in the NHL playoffs as it's obviously working out poorly. Hopefully things will change in game 4 but looks like out only way to win is Howard out up a goose egg.

Not only an AHL team playing in the playoffs, it's an AHL team against the best team in the east and one of the heavy cup favorites. The only chance to beat them is an almost perfect game, Boston - sadly for us - is just that good.

I agree. We've been down before, but this is the first time I really have no hope. I think it's because they look beaten in their demeanor. I've never seen the Wings look so defeated so early in a series. I thought the kids would be all determined and relentless with their never-say-die attitude. But they look completely opposite of the way they looked in the season. Also, I'm really tired of them shooting weakly from bad angles, or intentionally missing the net from the point. It doesn't work if no one is there to grab the bouncing puck. They're not just playing badly, they look like an entirely different team than the past month and that worries me. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not worried about the kids. Datsuk and Zetterberg struggled early in their careers with their first few playoff campaigns. I watched them both get manhandled in 2004 by Regehr and Leopold (and we were the higher seed). Then they got stronger. Physically and mentally.

I agree. We've been down before, but this is the first time I really have no hope. I think it's because they look beaten in their demeanor. I've never seen the Wings look so defeated so early in a series. I thought the kids would be all determined and relentless with their never-say-die attitude. But they look completely opposite of the way they looked in the season.Also, I'm really tired of them shooting weakly from bad angles, or intentionally missing the net from the point. It doesn't work if no one is there to grab the bouncing puck.They're not just playing badly, they look like an entirely different team than the past month and that worries me.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, our kids are shook. they had no idea what this was gonna be like. The Calder Cup playoffs are not the stanley cup playoffs and we will be a better team for this win or lose. The kids have talent but regualr season and playoff talent are two different beasts. Boston is like our Wings teams of the past sans doosh and goonery. Once they learn how use their strexthgs to exploit weaknesses i think this group will be electrtifying all spring/summer.

The Wings look completely outclassed and half asleep the last 2 games. I was excited after game 1 that this was going to be a fun series to watch, the new guys looked hungry and the whole team was competing well. Jimmy looked good too. It looks like the team from game 1 went home, and I have no idea who's playing now. Not sure if it's the pressure or Boston stepping up their game after the loss, probably a combination of both.

I'm not hitting the panic button at all right now on Howard. Take a look at the numbers for the playoffs. One guy is better than him in GAA. No surprise it's Rask. That falls on the Wings lack of scoring, which to me is the major issue. One of the major problems in that area is the D contribution. None what so ever. Smith has been the only Dman with any jump yet he played the second least minutes? What's really infuriating is that the line with the most jump was Helms line. Where is the line juggling to find the matchup that gets Gus away from Chara? Where's the speed from Abdelkader and Datsyuk. Where the hell is Franzen? If it ain't working fix it. This is what I would do.

Abdelkader- Datsyuk - Helm

Nyquist- Legwand - Franzen

Tartar- Sheahan- Jurco

Miller- Glendening - Andersson

Kronwall- Smith

Quincey - Dekeyser

Sproul- Lashoff

If Kindl isn't contributing on the PP or playing decent at all why not play the rookie. Let him quaterback the Powerplay and maybe you'll actually cash in. Also Smith had to be around 20 minutes. He was great in game one had a gaffe in game 2 and had the only jump at all in game 3.

I agree, our kids are shook. they had no idea what this was gonna be like. The Calder Cup playoffs are not the stanley cup playoffs and we will be a better team for this win or lose. The kids have talent but regualr season and playoff talent are two different beasts. Boston is like our Wings teams of the past sans doosh and goonery. Once they learn how use their strexthgs to exploit weaknesses i think this group will be electrtifying all spring/summer.

What makes you think the kids are "shook"? Sure, they're not scoring...neither is anybody else. Their strength all season was their chemistry. None of Tatar, Jurco, or Sheahan played as well apart as they did together. The same is true of Nyquist with Franzen and Legwand; he never produced as well away from those guys as he did with them.

Babs has yet to use either of those lines in this series. No wonder they're not producing. These guys aren't a Zetterberg or Datsyuk who can produce no matter where you put them. Doesn't mean they're "shook". It means your coach needs to pull his head out of his ass.

We need to score first. We can't allow Boston to sit in their trap. They come out hard press the forecheck for a quick goal than they grab the lead and play the trap. They slow the game down and conserve energy to use speed when we make a mistake. They can't skate a full 60 at our pace. Plus they have the size to defend against dump and chase so we have to beat them on the boards with speed.

We need to score first. We need them to chase and get tired all game long. In doing so we force them to open up which allows us to get in front of Rask. Rask was beaten 5 time last night. The post stopped us once and their D men stop any follow up chances. Rask isn't that good. It's his D-Men that are. We wear them down forcing them to chase and Rask will be a joke.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH

What makes you think the kids are "shook"? Sure, they're not scoring...neither is anybody else. Their strength all season was their chemistry. None of Tatar, Jurco, or Sheahan played as well apart as they did together. The same is true of Nyquist with Franzen and Legwand; he never produced as well away from those guys as he did with them.

Babs has yet to use either of those lines in this series. No wonder they're not producing. These guys aren't a Zetterberg or Datsyuk who can produce no matter where you put them. Doesn't mean they're "shook". It means your coach needs to pull his head out of his ass.

Imo they were very aware of the hits coming and played much more passive than game 1 especially along the boards. Its to be expected but the wings team from game 1 was not the wings team in 2,3. Combination of many things including simple physics but no denying we look passive/hesitant/hurried all at the same time....shook. Game 2 goon s*** was in their heads and that had nobody wanting the puck and all the hot potato turnovers. Team loss for sure....we will regroup and come out flying game 4 and i expect a hard competetive win.

we are what we are guys, a team that scraped the last playoff spot up against the President trophy winners and its showing. We stole game one in Boston and in all honesty it could be 3-0 and us playing to stay in it tomorrow. We need our biggest game of the year tomorrow start on time and try and get an early lead. Anyone on these boards who actually honestly believed the Wings would beat the Bruins over 7 games is real rose tinted homer who doesn't grasp the situation we are up against. I hoped we could take them to 6 games which would be the most our roster could attain in my opinion. Still could, but we have to start on time and get some bounces. Go back to the game 1 style that threw the Bruins off their game and hope we catch Rask on a bad night.

The season in general has been better than we could have hoped for considering the injuries that have hit us, making the playoffs was a fete in its self, now there i hope the guys take the bull by the horn's and take it to the Bruins.

Adding 2 or 3 of the right players in the offseason would make us a serious contender next year.

the amount of turnovers and inability to get the puck up the ice is sickening.

and smith can't be the only one out there getting physical and in their face. boston is roughing us up in our own house, wings need to set the tone. nobody is angry, nobody wants it. that's what i see.

the amount of turnovers and inability to get the puck up the ice is sickening.

and smith can't be the only one out there getting physical and in their face. boston is roughing us up in our own house, wings need to set the tone. nobody is angry, nobody wants it. that's what i see.

they are scared. I dont blame them because there is nobody on the team able to stand up to players like Chara, Lucic and Thornton. Holland was hoping the Red Wings could dominate the "weak" East playing the finesse game but it doesnt look too good...

Love Babs but I am noticing the same game plan that the Sharks and Nashville seemed to use that always dooms the Wings especially since Lids is gone. That game plan consists of throwing all your players in front of your goalie and forcing the Wings to A. Not get follow up chances on rebounds B. Take ridiculous shots from terrible angles that don't have a prayer of going in or C. Rely on our awful shooting defensemen to blast away slapshots at the other team's defenseman lying on the ice 3 feet in front of them waiting for an obvious block. Also the lines seem a bit lame at this point. I'm not sure how effective any of the 3 of either Jurco, Sheahan or Tatar are when separated. Also might wanna put Helm and Nyquist with Datsyuk and put Abby on the 4th line where he can cause a bit of havoc. You'd also need binoculars to try and find Franzen and Legwand out there cause they're playing awful small right now. I'm no coach but this seems to happen every year. Also can anything be worse than Kindle and Lashoff out there? Why is Brendan Smith the only other player besides, maybe Dats and Tatar, capable of skating into the Bruins' zone all game? 99% of the time it's an embarrassing dump in that the Bruins beat us to practically every time. Just venting but I hope Babs can make some smart changes that'll work cause the 2 goals in 9 periods is god awful. I'm also disappointed that Howard gives up way too many softies in the playoffs. I hope for a bounce back game tomorrow and hoping our team cares enough to bring all they have to this important Game 4.

Guest Playmaker

they are scared. I dont blame them because there is nobody on the team able to stand up to players like Chara, Lucic and Thornton. Holland was hoping the Red Wings could dominate the "weak" East playing the finesse game but it doesnt look too good...

Or maybe he was hoping Howard would make some big saves, Franzen could score some goals, Datsyuk and Zetterberg would be healthy and being on the PP wouldn't be a disadvantage.

I agree. We've been down before, but this is the first time I really have no hope. I think it's because they look beaten in their demeanor. I've never seen the Wings look so defeated so early in a series. I thought the kids would be all determined and relentless with their never-say-die attitude. But they look completely opposite of the way they looked in the season. Also, I'm really tired of them shooting weakly from bad angles, or intentionally missing the net from the point. It doesn't work if no one is there to grab the bouncing puck. They're not just playing badly, they look like an entirely different team than the past month and that worries me. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Seriously. We are making Rask look far better than he is the way we're shooting and managing the puck in their zone.

They're shook. If you can, rewatch their reaction shots during and after the game. Tatar especially after his give away looked completely near tears. They can't be feeling that emotional in a Game 3. They will learn, no doubt, but for the here and now it's worrying. Nyquist, too, is moving without much confidence out there.

They're shook. If you can, rewatch their reaction shots during and after the game. Tatar especially after his give away looked completely near tears. They can't be feeling that emotional in a Game 3. They will learn, no doubt, but for the here and now it's worrying. Nyquist, too, is moving without much confidence out there.

I mean I saw the 1,000 yard stare on their faces, but I thought everyone had that last night. They were terrible, knew they were terrible, and on top of that they had been physically beaten up for 60 minutes. Hardly a situation in which you'd expect a look of steely determination and not surprisingly nobody (including the veterans) had one.

Seriously. We are making Rask look far better than he is the way we're shooting and managing the puck in their zone.

umm Rask has a career GAA of 2.11 and sv% of .928, and in the playoffs it's even better, 2.04GAA and .933 sv%. Rask IS that good

umm Rask has a career GAA of 2.11 and sv% of .928, and in the playoffs it's even better, 2.04GAA and .933 sv%. Rask IS that good

I can see both sides. Yes, Rask is very, very good.

It's also true that he plays for a team that plays excellent defense in front of him.

If you put Howard in a Boston uniform, is he as good as Rask? I really doubt it. But I don't think there's much question that whatever flaws Rask has, they'd be more exposed playing for Detroit, and Boston would probably do a bit better at masking Howard's.