Uugh, I hate this time of year, little to no Red Wings related news, evident by the hot topics on the go the past week or so... Some of which include threads on ugly Christmas sweaters, clearance merchandise, and favorite player agencies... Is it September yet?...
Anyway, I figured this could involve some interesting discussion so I'll start it off...
12 somewhat bold but in my opinion, fairly reasonable Predictions for the Detroit Red Wings 2014-15 Season...
1. Datsyuk and Zetterberg play a combined 150+ games and score a combined 120+ points.
2. Weiss plays 70+ games and scores 25+ goals and 60+ points (career year).
3. Helm plays 70+ games and scores 15+ goals and 35+ points (career year).
4. Nyquist scores 60+ points and Tatar scores 50+ points (career years).
5. Cleary plays 50+ games and scores 20+ points, while everyone still ******* and complains about him taking up a roster spot.
6. Tomas Jurco scores 75+ points... in Grand Rapids, winning the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy (MVP).
7. Anthony Mantha spends the year down in Grand Rapids and scores a reasonable (but disappointing to most fans) 40-50 points.
8. Kronwall matches his jersey number, and puts up 55 points (career year), is a finalist for the Norris Trophy but comes up just short.
9. Smith finally starts getting some PP time and explodes putting up 40+ points, while also improving his defensive play.
10. Gustavsson stays relatively healthy but struggles mightily to keep the puck out of the net, Mrazek gets called up and plays out of his mind for 10+ games.
11. Howard plays 60+ games putting up career numbers in every category, is a finalist for the Vezina Trophy but comes up just short.
12. The Detroit Red Wings finally have a reasonably healthy year and win the Atlantic Division, finishing 2nd in the East.
Obviously there's not much of a chance that all these predictions come true, hence them being of the bold variety, and I'm sure there are some people here that would say that there is no way that any of them come true... But I'm willing to bet at least half of them happen or come relatively close...