• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Marchenko recalled from GR... Ouellet sent down

Rate this topic

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 21m 21 minutes ago

The Wings placed defenseman Brian Lashoff on waivers today, enabling them to keep Xavier Ouellet on the roster for the rest of the season.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 5m 5 minutes ago

As it turns out, Wings have reassigned Ouellet to Grand Rapids and recalled Alexey Marchenko, Ken Holland said.

Lashoff was waived... Khan thought that meant Ouellet was staying on then about 15 min later he found out about Marchenko being called up.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1m1 minute ago

Holland the moves aren't a reflection of Ouellet's play. They want to see what Marchenko can do.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 45s46 seconds ago

Wings need to assess what they have in Marchenko before the March 2 trade deadline.

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Given how Oulette has been playing, the fact that Kindl is higher on the depth chart, and Holland has been unable to trade the guy for something, I'm not suprised to see Lashoff hit waivers. I'm also not suprised to see Marchenko get the call up. Oulette has had a while to demonstrate what kind of player he is at the NHL level and did a decent job (thus making Lashoff obsolete). Now let's see what Marchenko is capable of. If we're lucky, we might not even need to trade for a right-handed defensman at the deadline. Considering it's only a month away, it's probably a good time to find out.

Edited by Echolalia

I'm not really sure why we'd trade and NHL ready righty to get an NHL righty. My guess is, they want to see if Marchenko is good enough to hold his own on the third pair if they move one or two of the lefties who are higher up in the depth chart. I'm thinking of Quincey, Smith, or Ouellet are the more likely trade scenarios.

Lashoff being waived makes me think they can't find a new home for Kindl, or they're trying to assess their assets before pulling the trigger on a move. Maybe both?

Maybe I have no clue what's going on... that's probably it.

Edited by Jesusberg

I seem to remember when Marchenko was drafted that he was highly touted but that he publicly stated he would only come over to play for the Wings. Thats why we were able to get him in the 7th. Does anyone else remember hearing that? I would think that would hurt his trade value.

I'm not really sure why we'd trade and NHL ready righty to get an NHL righty. My guess is, they want to see if Marchenko is good enough to hold his own on the third pair if they move one or two of the lefties who are higher up in the depth chart. I'm thinking of Quincey, Smith, or Ouellet are the more likely trade scenarios.

We don't know that Marchenko is an NHL ready righty - he's only played 1 game. We might find out on this call up though. I do agree that 1 or 2 of the lefties on the roster (minus DK and Kronwall) would likely be part of any trade. I think Kindl, Quincey would be the ones we're most willing to give up then. Don't imagine we'd want to give up Ouellet, but who knows.

I think these moves are just due to Babcock wanting a RH on the blue line. We have all these prospects we might as well give them a shot before we make a move. We've made some moves where, I think, a prospect ultimately filled the position that the other player was brought in for (Weiss-Sheahan, Tootoo-Glendening, Sammy-Tats/Nyquist) I hope they're seeing if the prospects are a realistic option right now or if we'll need someone else

Amazinggg I was literally just thinking yesterday how we should send ouellet down so we can see what marchenko can do in the big leagues , he's a right handed d we need and he's a 2 time ahl all star and played with men in the khl

Cant wait to see what he does ... And once again we lose a player for nothing , we all knew lashoff had no future in detroit but it just sucks we couldn't even get a 7th round pick for him to toss Andersen's way at the draft

Oh well

Amazinggg I was literally just thinking yesterday how we should send ouellet down so we can see what marchenko can do in the big leagues , he's a right handed d we need and he's a 2 time ahl all star and played with men in the khl

Cant wait to see what he does ... And once again we lose a player for nothing , we all knew lashoff had no future in detroit but it just sucks we couldn't even get a 7th round pick for him to toss Andersen's way at the draft

Oh well

Am I missing something? Did he get picked up off waivers already? How did we lose Lashoff?

Am I missing something? Did he get picked up off waivers already? How did we lose Lashoff?

Nope .. But I'm just assuming someone will take him , since defensemen are usually in demand ... Sure someone might not wanna pay a 7th round pick , but free and cheap? I'm sure a team like Edmonton will take a chance

I could be wrong but I believe he will be claimed

Nope .. But I'm just assuming someone will take him , since defensemen are usually in demand ... Sure someone might not wanna pay a 7th round pick , but free and cheap? I'm sure a team like Edmonton will take a chance

I could be wrong but I believe he will be claimed

Fair enough. I just thought I missed a tweet or something. The news was coming fast and furious for a minute.

I think with waiver claims it's not announced until after the deadline to claim the player (so sometime tomorrow afternoon). I could be wrong though. I think all teams that are interested have 24 hours or so to put a claim in, and then sometime tomorrow the league looks at all the claims and gives the player to the lowest team in the standings.

Edited by Echolalia