• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Tampa Bay Lightning 5

Rate this topic

Anyone calling to play Jimmy in game 3 has no understanding of hockey. Petr won us game 1 and had zero chance on the goals tonight. The first one was deflected then hit the post and was a scramble, the 2nd one was a crazy bounce, the 3rd one was a guy all alone and the 4th one was a breakaway after there should have been a penalty. No way is this game Petes fault. If anything you might play Jimmy in the 3rd simply to rest petr for game 3.

Why is anybody surprised? We haven't scored goals in the playoffs since 2009. Did people think we were going to start dominating possession all of a sudden? We're doing what we've done for 5 years. In the playoffs all the teams are good, and there are fewer penalties. If you can't control the puck at even strength, you're not going to do too well in the NHL playoffs.

Babcock wants to win games the way Team Canada won games. Too bad the Red Wings aren't Team Canada.

Are there? Sure doesn't seem like it so far... against Detroit, anyway.

Jesus he absolutely stole the last game and had no chance on these goals

I agree. But for every good game he's had the next game he consistently let's in 4 goals. I also blamed the d in that post and stated that Howard isn't any better. Don't pick one part of my comment to argue with

I'm just telling you how many goals he had. Someone said he had 3 in the last year. Which is demonstrably false. It is a FACT that he's scored 9 goals in the last year.

Any other discussion is a discussion I wasn't having.

Well he is averaging 5.5 goals a year so I'm not that far off. I'm not trying to bring up exact statistics on dot every time. You should be able to figure out what i meant by that. It is indeed a FACT that Glendening is a better player at $575,000. There's something sad there.

Edited by GoWings!

I once visited Dostoevsky's home in St. Petersburg. I can't say I blame him for being in pain. He was a creative guy in an uncreative environment. He was like the Tomas Tatar of Imperial Russia.

I will visit his grave someday.

TB blocked 18 shots. Biggest discrepancy stat-wise

It's against team policy to block shots and has been since Babcock has been coach.

People can blame Babcock all they want but a new coach doesnt change the fact that the guys wearing the sweater just arent good enough.

And you can make excuses for his system all you want, but if you get the same exact result for five or six years (despite your roster) suggests maybe you need a new approach.

Seemed to work well for Washington and Nashville so far. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe there's a coach out there who's system is more suited for the roster we already have?

The other option is to fire the GM, team President, scouts, trainers, prospect developers...and replace them with a more Babcockian alternative. Which is brilliant if it weren't for the fact that Ken Holland's organizational philosophy is DRAMATICALLY more effective than Mike Babcock's.

For the millionth time. Babcock is a good coach. But he's not the right coach for this team. Get someone else, or get the same results.

Edited by kipwinger

Kid line has at least shown some life, aside from Sheahan of course. Maybe they'll be awake going forward in the series. Sheahan does nothing well

Starting to really sour on Sheahan. Might be the softest guy on the team, and that's hard with Andersson in the lineup. Doesn't hit, won't screen the goalie straight up, loses puck battles consistently. He's a good player, really skilled, questionable ability to battle. Especially in the playoffs, he's been invisible. At least Tatar and Nyquist are starting to get going here this game.

TB blocked 18 shots. Biggest discrepancy stat-wise

I know Babcock hates doing this during the regular season because of all the injuries but he usually unleashes the guys once the playoffs starts. Babcock has a lot of coaching to do in the next few days.

Are there? Sure doesn't seem like it so far... against Detroit, anyway.

The point was that relying on your powerplay is a bad idea in the playoffs, because you might not get many of them. And we haven't. So I"m not sure what the problem is?

Did you honestly think we'd be a competitive team in the playoffs with our track record at even strength? Or did you think we'd just get more powerplays than any other team (like we did during the regular season)? If you did, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Really loving Ferraro's game so far though. Dude is earning a 4th line spot next year. Would love Ferraro-Glendening-Callahan, Drew Miller is a really nice guy I'm sure, but Callahan gives you everything he does for less, and he hits, fights and puts more pucks in the net.

Really loving Ferraro's game so far though. Dude is earning a 4th line spot next year. Would love Ferraro-Glendening-Callahan, Drew Miller is a really nice guy I'm sure, but Callahan gives you everything he does for less, and he hits, fights and puts more pucks in the net.

Miller is perfect 4th liner... But I would like to see Callahan

Man, I was really hoping we were done with Howard. Didn't want to see him back so quickly.

I was thinking if we see Howard on the ice in the Playoffs we're probably in deep trouble. Hope that's not the case.