• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Alexander semin being bought out

Rate this topic

I know he's been a disaster last few years but if he's willing to sign a one year deal for like 2 million I sign him in a heartbeat and put him with pavel datsyuk and hope he gets 30-40 goals again

If there's one fellow russian that'll get him going again, on the ice and off it's pavel

Recently on Hockey Central an ex GM said that Semin "has no soul." .Do we really want that guy on the Wings? Semin has always been all talent and no heart.

Why not? We have had players with all heart and no talent who have been a waste

Oh no he didn't. Oh snap. Touché rival red, touché

Edited by Rivalred

Recently on Hockey Central an ex GM said that Semin "has no soul." .Do we really want that guy on the Wings? Semin has always been all talent and no heart.

He'll have a lot to prove, on a 1 year deal he'll be good (maybe). Other way it's a moot point, he's not coming here.

If there's one fellow nhl russian he's gonna have respect for and take advice from it's pavel datsyuk

If datsyuk wasn't here I wouldn't suggest taking him on for a season... Playing with pavel i do believe he can get 30-40 goals again

He'll probably bolt to Russia, so no sense worrying about it. Still, good god what a shot that guy has.

Na rubles worth s*** now lol Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I agree with you guys. For a cheap price and a short term, why not? Franzen is likely out, and while Franzen is more physical, it couldn't hurt to have a guy who can snipe and pot some goals replace him. We've got hard working guys, but we do need some additional offense and he could provide that.

I take back the russia talk...

No, Alex Semin is not going to the KHL.

According to his agent, the 31-year-old winger will have no problem finding an NHL team with which to sign.

“Without question, Semin will play in the NHL and will have a great season,” Diamond told Sportsnet today. “We’ve already received calls on him.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/30/semins-agent-weve-already-received-calls-on-him/

Abdlekader - Datsyuk - Semin

Zetterberg - Sheahan - Nyquist

Tatar - Helm - Franzen

Miller- Glendenning - Jurco

Pulkinnen

Ferraro

Weiss

Unless Holland's seriously planning on making a trade, that's too many forwards.

Andersson also. Agreed, too many forwards to add anyone except by trade.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

I do think he'd work well with Sheahan though. A third line of Semin, Sheahan, Jurco would be tough to stop. Screw Pulkkinen, trade him for a defenseman.

s*** didn't even think about pulkkinen .... I'd have no problems trading him for a dman considering how stacked we are upfront in our prospect pool but I'd much rather play him and try to boost his value ... If we trade him now we won't get much

So I'm kinda hoping mule doesn't play , it's better for him health wise anyways ... And if he does history says he'll be hurt again so I'm sure pulkkinen will get some chances of playing top 3 lines

And looking through the lines as well jurco needs to get a fair shot on top 3 lines to produce. It's like we've always known this team has an abundance of bottom line players, Some guys are gonna have to be traded

Love Tatar and nyquist but if we want that good dman ones gonna have to go and pulkkinen gets a bigger role

We got larkin holmstrom mantha svechnikov bertuzzi all here in the next 2-3 yrs most likely ... Bodies will have to be moved

And seeing as helm has to be resigned and we got a ton of kids coming up and as much as I love him and his speed with others like nastasiuk and turgeon who will be bottom 6 guys might be time to consider trading him

I'd consider doing a nyquist/helm(he's from winnipeg) for byfuglien type blockbuster deal and sign big buff right away longterm

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Neither Tatar, nor Nyquist, will ever get traded off this team. Especially not to "give Pulkkinen a bigger role". You can pretty much take that to the bank. You don't trade proven NHL talent and assume the risk on unproven talent if you're in a position of strength (i.e. you're the one with the talent). You make the other team assume the risk. IF one were going to be traded, it would be Pulkkinen. But I doubt any of the three get moved.

I was only saying that I would sign Semin and trade Pulkkinen as part of a package for a higher end d-man, because I think Pulkkinen will only be mediocre in the NHL.

Edited by kipwinger

Nice timing. Last week I suggested we swing a trade for Semin, something like a 4th + Kindl + Turgeon + Weiss for a 2nd + Semin.

If I understand how the buyout works (and I'm not necessarily saying I do), a team can now sign Semin for whatever contract the two parties work out, as he's now a UFA (albeit, one whose former employer is paying him not to play for them). So, while we wouldn't be freeing ourselves of Weiss and Kindl's combined cap hit, we could have Semin for substantially less than the $7M cap hit that basically made him untradable. And we can always try to pawn Weiss and Kindl off on someone else.

I'd love to have Alex Semin on the team. Tell me he wouldn't score 35 goals on a line with Tatar and Datsyuk. Tell me he'd be a problem child with the winning culture and fantastic leadership we have. Tell me Datsyuk wouldn't be thrilled to suddenly have a couple countrymen on the team in Semin and Marchenko.

Love Tatar and nyquist but if we want that good dman ones gonna have to go

Only if our target is, like, OEL or Josi or Shattenkirk.

You mention Byfuglien (who's at the top of my wish list). If he's on the block, the asking price will probably be fairly modest, as he only has a year left on his contract and will inevitably Get Paid next summer. At most, we're talking Helm + Jurco/Pulkkinen + Smith.

Wasn't this already floated around once or twice? And I thought I heard a rumor that they would've gone for it if Pavel was on board to supervise, but he didn't want to deal with him. There'd be little to lose on a cheap one year deal given we likely won't spend to the cap this season, but I'd be pretty surprised if it happened.