• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Phil Kessel Traded to Penguins

Rate this topic

I just didn't think the penguins could get any more unwatchable....

Edit: could be an even bigger trade

@DarrenDreger: Kessel trade could be bigger hearing Spaling involved and Pitt also gets Torontos 2nd round pick."

Edited by amato

Kessel won't play well with Crosby OR Malkin. In order for each of them to score as much as they do, they need to have the puck...a lot. So does Kessel. He's not a one timer machine like Neal was. He's more like Patrick Kane. They all can't have the puck at once. Somebody's offense is going to suffer. Dumb move for Pittsburgh.

Kessel will score a ton of goals until playoff time. Pitt GM is an idiot. Dupis and Kunitz became stars playing with Crosby. Definitely did not need Kessel

Dupuis scored 6 goals in 16 games and Kunitz scored 17 in 74. Adding a 30 goal scorer will be huge for them.

Their window is closing in a few years with Crosby and Malkin getting older. Good deal for them.

They just need Defence. I'd keep Erhoff if I were them.

Wow. It's starting to look like the rebuild in Toronto may be real this time.

It's hard to know what to really make of players like Kessel and Phaneuf in the toxic environment that is Toronto, but even if it wasn't their fault, changing of the guard will hopefully change the culture in that lockerroom.

Dupuis scored 6 goals in 16 games and Kunitz scored 17 in 74. Adding a 30 goal scorer will be huge for them.

Their window is closing in a few years with Crosby and Malkin getting older. Good deal for them.

They just need Defence. I'd keep Erhoff if I were them.

Exactly. The Penguins are my 2nd most hated team behind Chicago. So I'd love to hate on this deal. But Kessel's goal scoring ability far exceeds anyone Sid has been playing with lately. Penguins are the winners of this deal in my eyes.

That deal looks ok for the Leafs. Other then checking stats, I don't know much about the players they got. I guess the main thing is they got rid of Kessel's full cap hit. You'll have to assume Kessel will score 40 goals with the Pens.

We'll see if they can get rid of Phaneuf, but it looks like the Leafs have finally clued in they need to bottom out.

Kessel will score a ton of goals until playoff time. Pitt GM is an idiot. Dupis and Kunitz became stars playing with Crosby. Definitely did not need Kessel

Kessel was a star without Crosby, though. Dupuis and Kunitz aren't on his level.