• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Mitch Callahan signed 1-year - 600k

Rate this topic

I think he'll have a chance, but the team is pretty full up front. Starting the season without Datsyuk will give someone a chance, but a healthy Franzen takes up another spot. At full health, the group of forwards will look something like:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Tatar-Richards-Nyquist

Franzen-Sheahan-Helm

Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Andersson, Pulkkinen, Ferraro & Callahan

Maybe it's just me being pessimistic, but I see Andersson with the one-way contract and see it as a nod from Holland. Not saying he won't send down a guy on a one-way deal (Lashoff's on one, IIRC), but I think he'll be quicker to send down one/both of Ferraro and Callahan. I'd like to be wrong, though - I prefer either over Andersson at this point.

As much as I'm a fan of Miller on the fourth line (& of course star wars nicknames), I'd really like to see how well a callahan-glendog-ferrero fourth line would play together sometime in the next couple seasons.

Han-Luke-Lando works with the Star Wars motif

Edited by TheXym

plus Jensen for two years! Both out of exemptions. Trade coming or Franzen done. Either way, glad Mitch and Nick are re-signed!

Detroit Red Wings sign defenseman Nick Jensen to two-year contract: Jenson, a 2009… http://t.co/Wq2Z7DQZy6 via @RedWingsMLive #RedWings

Jensen's not out of exemptions. He's got one more year.

2015-16: Jurco & Pulkkinen

2016-17: Frk, Jensen, Marchenko, Mrazek, Nedomlel, Ouellet, Sproul & Tvrdon

2017-18: Athanasiou, Campbell, Coreau, Mantha & Nosek

2018-19: Nastasiuk & Paterson

Games played in the NHL could change some of that, but that's where most of our guys stand right now.

Games played in the NHL could change some of that, but that's where most of our guys stand right now.

Mantha may have an extra year. It's confusing determining the official age of a player. Sometimes they use age as of Sept. 15th, sometimes they go by calendar year. I know he counted as an 18-year-old in regards to the slide rule, and I think also for his waiver exemption. If so, it would give him 5 years, which would be the 18-19 season.

Thanks for the waiver info! Copied for future usage!

I don't think his chances are "slim, to none". Blashill loves the guy. Called him "a player you win with". Used him on the top line in GR. He'll get every opportunity to break in with the big club.

Plus, his nickname was what spawned one of my favorite all time posts here and led to much lulz. You don't just waive that kind of talent and not expect a backlash...

If he can crack the big club and be a serviceable 4th liner, then he comes cheap. I like it.